Guest haviik

Requests

Guest haviik

i just thought it would be nice if there was a place to request new mods...if they get made or not is up to the modders...
and I'm going to start this thread off by requesting a Zabrak/Iridonian exile....

I tried to figure it out by my self..FAILED lol

I think a good mod would be to have both Brianna and Mical in your party:D

I'd only want it if was compatible with both the TSLRCM and "Malachor VI" mods.

Guest Bob Ta'aar

i just thought it would be nice if there was a place to request mods...if they get made or not is up to the moders...

and im gonna start off with requesting a Zabrak/Iridonian exile.... tried to figure it out my self..FAIL lol

I'm already on that, no idea on when I'll be finished though :unsure:. Here's a screeny:

http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/520-bob-ts-alien-heads/

Not likely to happen as so far it's impossible to make additional characters recruitable. You can only replace existing ones, but the maximum number of your party-size is hardcoded in the game. So you're idea would basically request to remove another partymember.

I'm already on that, no idea on when I'll be finished though :unsure:. Here's a screeny:

http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/520-bob-ts-alien-heads/

Not likely to happen as so far it's impossible to make additional characters recruitable. You can only replace existing ones, but the maximum number of your party-size is hardcoded in the game. So you're idea would basically request to remove another partymember.

Unless you made one of the characters a puppet to another - such as making Mical (Disciple)

a puppet to Brianna (Last of the Handmaidens) - or vice versa Those two might be a good match as several of their lines have the same feel - as they are both "goody two shoes" and often share the same lines.

Unless you made one of the characters a puppet to another - such as making Mical (Disciple)

a puppet to Brianna (Last of the Handmaidens) - or vice versa Those two might be a good match as several of their lines have the same feel - as they are both "goody two shoes" and often share the same lines.

Yeah, we could make Disciple a Puppet. But instead of being Brianna's, it would be better enough to have him being the Exile's, as he already seems to be (even if it may not be very doable because of those ties the Exile needs to be alone...)

We can replace Disciple with T3-M4, and make t3-m4 the puppet of hk-47! or the other way around! If it's possible! (im just now learning about modding so i don't know very much what you can do)

Or maybe we could have G0-T0 as the Exile's remote sort of thing (I read that somewhere else, but can't remember who said it).

Or maybe we could have G0-T0 as the Exile's remote sort of thing (I read that somewhere else, but can't remember who said it).

It might work if it was possible to remove him at some time (like the Korriban tomb). However, it may change the balance of the game, and if we do that, we will not be able to choose its feat ourselves, if I'm not mistaken (not that I ever used him seriously in combat...)

I think the best way is to put Mical in HK-47 Slot and when you repair Hk-47 he becomes the puppet of t3-m4 untill hk-factory!

How about if we make an invisible placeable on the Hawk where you get to set which of the two (Disciple or Handmaiden) is in your party? You could switch between them whenever you like. The one that technically isn't in your party would just remain on the Hawk, of course. No idea about an in-universe explanation for that though.

Maybe he wanted to have the Exile train him as a Jedi, to start rebuilding the Order as they travelled.

Guest HaVoKeR

I like the idea of having they separated, wanna see disciple? be a cute girl. =p hehe joking, the cool thing about it is that makes a different gameplay depending on your choice.

& now that you guys started talking about puppets, i started to think, who is this Varsity, that Varsity puppet is puppet with? =0

Guest Bob Ta'aar

How about if we make an invisible placeable on the Hawk where you get to set which of the two (Disciple or Handmaiden) is in your party? You could switch between them whenever you like. The one that technically isn't in your party would just remain on the Hawk, of course. No idea about an in-universe explanation for that though.

Interesting idea, I gotta say. Possibly also usable more in general for more characters. But I think the problem would be, that the un-swiched characters won't level up (might be fixable by more expirienced modders than my nooby self, though :question:).

& now that you guys started talking about puppets, i started to think, who is this Varsity, that Varsity puppet is puppet with? =0

:D

Interesting idea, I gotta say. Possibly also usable more in general for more characters. But I think the problem would be, that the un-swiched characters won't level up (might be fixable by more expirienced modders than my nooby self, though :D).

Yep, that's true, they wouldn't level up by themselves, but we could add the missed experience to them when they are added back into the party, either by comparing levels, or by somehow storing the amount of experience gained. (Using global numbers, one for every digit could maybe work, if we cannot store the entire number into one global?)

I like the idea of having they separated, wanna see disciple? be a cute girl. =p hehe joking, the cool thing about it is that makes a different gameplay depending on your choice.

I am puppet to no one.

You know, I'm pretty sure you can have both Handmaiden and Disciple in your party.

The reasoning being that their character data is stored in different areas in the 'party table'.

int NPC_PLAYER =-1;

int NPC_ATTON = 0;

int NPC_BAO_DUR = 1;

int NPC_CANDEROUS = 2;

int NPC_G0T0 = 3;

int NPC_HANDMAIDEN = 4;

int NPC_HK_47 = 5;

int NPC_KREIA = 6;

int NPC_MIRA = 7;

int NPC_T3_M4 = 8;

int NPC_VISAS = 9;

int NPC_HANHARR = 10;

int NPC_DISCIPLE = 11;

The issue, of course, is that the Handmaiden and the Disciple occupy the same space in the party selection screen. The only ways I can think to counter this is to either re-add whichever character you want to choose to the party (not removing, just readding) or making an armband that manually spawns either Disciple or Handmaiden. The problem with making someone a puppet to someone is that it messes with the current configuration of the party and will probably cause compatibility issues in a fair number of places in the game.

Hmm, how about you get the option of choosing who you want to be selectable in the party selection screen when you leave the Hawk, before the party selection screen pops up?

Maybe in a few cutscenes, but generally only one would be present.

Guest Frostfyre7

Mostly, I'd just request that the Malachor V mod give the game the ending it deserves. :)

One subject a friend and I had been discussing a few weeks back was regarding the atmosphere during the confrontation with the Jedi Council in the rebuilt Enclave. as you guys know the music score in the Jedi Enclave with the council and Kreia has to be one of the most beautiful yet sad soundtracks in KOTOR2, Anyway my friend and I don't really feel the sunny weather fits the scene or it's soundtrack and wondered what it would be like were it raining lightly with gray rainclouds floating overhead, in a sense we believe it would add a dreary atmosphere to the ruins of the Enclave and remembering what happened to Jedi in this place would cut all the deeper as far as some of we light sided players are concerned.

I have no modding experience and honestly I don't even know if such a thing could be pulled off, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there anyway.

One subject a friend and I had been discussing a few weeks back was regarding the atmosphere during the confrontation with the Jedi Council in the rebuilt Enclave. as you guys know the music score in the Jedi Enclave with the council and Kreia has to be one of the most beautiful yet sad soundtracks in KOTOR2, Anyway my friend and I don't really feel the sunny weather fits the scene or it's soundtrack and wondered what it would be like were it raining lightly with gray rainclouds floating overhead, in a sense we believe it would add a dreary atmosphere to the ruins of the Enclave and remembering what happened to Jedi in this place would cut all the deeper as far as some of we light sided players are concerned.

I have no modding experience and honestly I don't even know if such a thing could be pulled off, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there anyway.

I played the Darker Peragus mod on the last two games, and it definitely changes the creepiness factor for everything to be dark. It looks gorgeous, too. I don't know how much work when into it, but Peragus is huge compared to the Jedi confrontation scene.

I played the Darker Peragus mod on the last two games, and it definitely changes the creepiness factor for everything to be dark. It looks gorgeous, too. I don't know how much work when into it, but Peragus is huge compared to the Jedi confrontation scene.

Very true. I forgot about the Darker Peragus mod and what an awesome mod it is, I guess my idea isn't such a stretch after all

This. I've added it to my list of "Must Have" mods. A lot of work went into this mod, that's for sure.

Being too old to teach new tricks to, I would dearly love someone to develop a TSLRCM compatible mod that would allow the Exile to kill off the Republic spy Disciple for DS points. As a male exile. Disciple is a throwaway with no plot elements.