TheDarkChocolateJedi

Why "The Old Republic" wasn't very good, in my opinion.

I will make it a bit more blunt.  If you drop insults or catty comments, there will be bans.

Don't reply to confirm you understood me.  Just don't do it.

I'm not gonna lie - I've had some fun playing TOR! :ice:

But I stopped when 3.0 hit.  I think one of the main issues with TOR is that there is a constant tug-of-war between balancing the game between PvP and PvE.  I think BW should have followed Sid Meir's "Covert Action rule", that is "make one great game rather than two good ones".

I used to run Sage / Operative healers (PvE), and 3.0 just ripped the fun right out of those classes.  Sages were great pre-3.0.. you could put out some serious healing, and really make a difference to a group - IF you could manage your force.  You were also static and squishy - so had to know the fights and make sure you weren't standing in a bad place.  This made the class tricky but very, very rewarding.

Post-3.0.  Big heals nerfed and having to manage Force a thing of the past.  Plus you could run and cast so it just came down to button mashing.  :realmad:

Apparently, force management is going to be back on the cards (with big heals again!) for Sages in the next ex-pac, so I might re-sub for 30 days and take a look :welcome:

I thought that the stories were ok up until the end of the original game.  I haven't cared much for the stories in the ex-pacs (RotHC, SoR, Darth Barbie aka Strongholds etc.).  In TSL, the most interesting character is Revan and (s)he isn't even in that game!  That is the power of good writing!  With TOR, BW just made Revan one of those Sunday Morning Cartoon Villains that keeps coming back, and coming back, and coming back :ouch:

SoR was about finishing the story of Revan. We all know what he thought he was meant to do (destroy the Emperor), but clearly he was wrong. What does one do when they're wrong about their purpose? Well, for one as powerful, yet mentally damaged, as Revan, your very essence splits. One part decided to accept his fate (what did he have to live for?). The other part delays it (and tries to fulfill his self-proclaimed purpose).

I can't say I'm happy with the ending of Revan's story, but I'm not disappointed either. I'm actually satisfied, I found closure. The purpose of Shadow of Revan.

Togruta next month! Likely going to finally replay the Jedi Knight storyline with a female togruta guardian. 

I have been playing KOTOR and TSL for nearly 10 years now and I honestly think the hate toward SW:TOR is nothing but bitterness that there was no KOTOR 3, which I don't think is fair. IMO (and I can't judge all class quests as I have only done two) but the writing and story for the sith agent was far more impressive than KOTOR 1s story, although I treasure it I do think it's slightly overrated storywise...."become jedi, find map, oh big twist you were a sith lord MUAHAHA, choose dark or light side, the end" whilst the twist was good it didn't really blow me away as it became really obvious once it was revealed. SW:TOR offers alot more than pretty much all the MMOs on the market and I think the only one that can possibly compete with it in terms of amazing storytelling and quality is guild wars 2. If less people stopped comparing it to every other mmo and took the advice of other players, sat down and enjoyed the amazing storytelling of SW:TOR, less people would be angry about the lack of KOTOR 3. I was so salty and bitter when it was revealed but after diving into it and really making an effort to learn every aspect of the game, I'm honestly obsessed haha!

I'm not saying you need to like it Original poster, I'm just saying you should try and give it another chance, because the writing is absolutely fantastic :D

• Like 1

I got a pet but I can't recall anything about cartel coins! (I posted something about someone joining through my link in a blog entry a few days ago.)

Interested in returning the favor? :S if you haven't got a referral already, that is.

Well, I'm a subscriber so I can't do a referral back to you but are you on the Jedi Covenant server? Perhaps I can make something for ya!

Well, I'm a subscriber so I can't do a referral back to you but are you on the Jedi Covenant server? Perhaps I can make something for ya!

This is actually the server I've been playing on

Yes, and yes I'm a subscriber also (I didn't do a new sub when i did your's, just needed a character transfer) I haven't been unsubbed, well, ever. Uou can still do the referral as a sub :S

i'd like to say that my original assumption was... er... ignorant and ill-advised, considering i went back and gave TOR another chance, and watched some videos on it, and it is better than i originally assumed, (i only played a bit of the game...)

It still is filled with

1: Griding.

2: Adult sexual content.

3: Mass Effect character speaking system, which i despise to an extent.

4: Strange combat sounds, and when you kill something, it doesn't feel satisfying or realistic.

5: Quite a few of the quests are item grabbing quests, or quests in which you must "backtrack", which i also despise.

6: I will say this though, the game is decent for what it is, I HATE it because it could have been KOTOR3, but i LIKE it for the game it is, and was, and has become.

i'd like to say that my original assumption was... er... ignorant and ill-advised, considering i went back and gave TOR another chance, and watched some videos on it, and it is better than i originally assumed, (i only played a bit of the game...)

It still is filled with

1: Griding.

4: Strange combat sounds, and when you kill something, it doesn't feel satisfying or realistic.

5: Quite a few of the quests are item grabbing quests, or quests in which you must "backtrack", which i also despise.

The Kotor games had those "problems" as well to an extent.

I'm back on board.

Kotor was rated T for a reason...

KOTOR however, appealed to those of all ages, there was very little if any adult sexual content in KOTOR or TSL, whether you try and claim that daviks "massage" quarters was actually a sex quarters, it is still an irrelevant argument because there is no proof.

And yes, KOTOR and TSL were meant for an older audience, however, a child can enjoy them just the same (i played KOTOR when i was 6...) 

And, Lol VarsityPuppet!

You.. really don't want me to point these out..

Just because you didn't notice the inferred subject matter does not mean that it wasn't there.

• Like 1

It still is filled with

Where? Give examples of this supposedly copious adult sexual content.

• Like 1

Where? Give examples of this supposedly copious adult sexual content.

There you are, there are multiple other examples of this, but this is by far the most obvious.

Not that i care about sexual content, but IMO, children or people who've not learned the "Birds and the bees" should still be able to play this game without worry of explicit content.

They were playing pazaak!  You can infer anything you want of what they were actually doing as everything takes place off screen.  Perhaps you have the dirty mind. (Heh.)

Not to mention, if that is anything more than implied sexual content, then so is Visas' meditation scene in TSLRCM, wrestling with Handmaiden in her undies, Davik's slave's massage, and a million other things.

Just think about how bad Fable's "Graphic sexual content" must be if you took out the black screen...

Besides, TDCJ, you're 14; by your own logic, you probably shouldn't be involved in it either, but who am I to tell you what games to play and what content to do? Hmm... For that matter, who are you to do the same?

• Like 1

They were playing pazaak!  You can infer anything you want of what they were actually doing as everything takes place off screen.  Perhaps you have the dirty mind. (Heh.)

Right... pazaak... yeah... thats it...  :rofl:

Not to mention, if that is anything more than implied sexual content, then so is Visas' meditation scene in TSLRCM, wrestling with Handmaiden in her undies, Davik's slave's massage, and a million other things.

Just think about how bad Fable's "Graphic sexual content" must be if you took out the black screen...

Besides, TDCJ, you're 14; by your own logic, you probably shouldn't be involved in it either, but who am I to tell you what games to play and what content to do? Hmm... For that matter, who are you to do the same?

I've not played fable, i do know however, that it is an award winning RPG...

I outta buy it then ey? 

Of course i should buy it... Fair Strides is practically the king of knowledge and wisdom... 

True, KOTOR has the same stuff, but yet not as suggestive IMO.

I've been outmatched by the wits and wisdom of Fair Strides once again... one day, i'll be the one holding the sword  of wisdom in one hand, and a copy of KOTOR3 in the other... you'll see... you'll all see... (Kidding)

I like that idea.

Not to mention, if that is anything more than implied sexual content, then so is Visas' meditation scene in TSLRCM, wrestling with Handmaiden in her undies, Davik's slave's massage, and a million other things.

IMO, that scene was a bit more strongly implied.