Sign in to follow this  
Marsproject

Planet choices, which one first?

I recently installed TSLRCM and the M4-78 mods and now that I have just finished a characters run through of peragus and telos I was wondering which planet do you think I should go to first?  Now back when I first got the game, and replayed it a couple times, I would almost always do dantooine first followed by my first visit to onderon/dxun, then to korriban and finally to nar shaddaa.  But with so much content restored by these mods, and the addition of the droid planet, I am having trouble figuring out which planet I should do first.

What are your thoughts?

Personally, I would suggest following your regular play through choices. You might want to switch the order of Nar Shaddaa and Korriban - if only to have the maximum choices for your M4-78 playthrough.

• Like 1

Personally, I would suggest following your regular play through choices. You might want to switch the order of Nar Shaddaa and Korriban - if only to have the maximum choices for your M4-78 playthrough.

I am up to the same part that Marsproject is, but for my YouTube playthrough (I have never played through M4-78 EP) Would this be best for a YouTube playthrough if I were to go through Dantooine, Nar Shaadaa, Onderon/Dxun then Korriban and onto M4-78?

I just suggest Korriban as the last planet (before you start revisiting other planets, that is) is to have the maximum number of party members available to you for a M4-78 playthrough. However for the planets preceding, it's more to your own tastes. A thing to consider especially for a video walkthrough/"Let's Play" is which party member you want to have more time with in the game . . .  

I personally choose Nar Shaadaa for my first planet choice because I am able to get almost all party members and train all the possible companions to be jedi

My suggestion is Nar Shadaa, Dantooine, Duxn\Onderon, then Korriban.

I used to go with Dantooine first as well. (It's possible this was because Dantooine is the only planet from Kotor 1 to make it to 2, and I wanted to see what had changed the moment I knew it was an option.)

However, you always have to fight Visas when you go there, and for me anyway, it's easier and preferred for my character to get a chance to level up some. Plus there really isn't much to do, and the militia\ mercenary battle ends on a low note compared to the rest (except perhaps Telos which you have to go to first regardless). So from an entertainment perspective, I'd save it for at least second.

I'd go with Nar Shadaa first due to its sheer amount of combat and story, which helps to keep things exciting while also leveling your characters up early. (Personally I like to get Mira early for her mine walking ability; GoTo's also pretty useful against enemy droids)

The slower pace of Dantooine's story makes it a great buffer between the more dynamic story of Onderon and Nar Shadaa.

The only thing I consistently do, is play Korriban last; mostly in part due to its introspective tone, but now it's also important because parts of M-478 are rather challenging and you'll need a strong character.

My order, at least 90% of the time, goes as such:

1. Dantooine (I went here the first when during my earliest playthrough just because it was the one planet I knew best from the first game, but I also think Dantooine has the easiest way to set up building your lightsaber)

2. Korriban

3. M4-78

4. Nar Shaddaa (Getting G0-T0 in your party can help protect you from some bounty hunter ambushes)

5. Dxun

6. Onderon (This way, immediately after I come back from my first trip on Onderon, I get to head back to continue the civil war. It doesn't make that much sense, but oh well.)

I really need to try playing the game in different level orders...

• Like 1

Nar Shaddaa, first and foremost. Because HK. Also because Mira and Goto, but mostly because HK.

Dxun/Onderon, because Mandalore and quick groups of HKs.

Dantooine, because Daralaa selling Deadman's Jedi Master robes. Yes, I'm petty. Handle it.

Onderon revisit, for wrap-up reasons

Korriban, because it's the shortest.

Vanilla on the Xbox I always would go to Nar Shadaa, Dxun/Onderon, Dantooine, Korriban and Return to Dxun/Onderon 

Recently I've done Dantooine, Dxun/Onderon, Nar Shadaa, Return to Dxun/Onderon, Korriban and M4-78

I've been going this route:

Peragus (duh)

Telos (handmaiden and sometimes dustil)

Coruscant (lightsaber parts)

Nar Shaddaa (mira, sometimes hk, and iacen/goto)

Cathalan (warp codes for the sole reason of xp and items)

Korriban (gotta love that expansion)

M4-78 (duh again)

Dxun/Onderon (always get called back immediately after)

Dantooine (most convenient)

Then it's back to Telos and on to Malachor V.

I always do Nar Shaddaa for Mira, Goto and Jedi Atton, then Dxun/Onderon for Mandalore, then go back to Nar Shadaa to recruit the Mandos in the docks and make Mira a Jedi, then Dantooine, then Korriban.

After Telos, I jump around a bit.

Dantooine: (Only for the saber crystals)

Nar Shaddaa: (Mira, G0-T0, most people jedified by then)

Dxun:

Dantooine: (Do the rest)

Dxun pt. 2

Korriban, M4-78

I think this is the order I did it in last time... I might have gone to Korriban after Nar Shaddaa actually...

If I'm playing with a light saber, I go to Dantooine first. Other than that, I go to Nar Shaddaa, then Dxun, then Dantooine, and then Korriban,

Nar Shaddaa, first and foremost. Because HK. Also because Mira and Goto, but mostly because HK.

While this makes sense in vanilla KOTOR2 (since you needed the part dropped in the droid warehouse) that's no longer true with TSLRCM. So HK is pretty much any planet...

I am so torn! I don't know whether to go Dantooine or Nar Shadaa first... It's been so long since my first play through (this is only my second!), I didn't even finish the game last time, whoops! 

I am also torn on whether the Coruscant Jedi Temple mod is 'canon' within KOTOR 2 and whether I should get it and play it..... I want to have the best experience, but I don't want to 'ruin' or 'dirty' my 'canon' play-through with mods that are not how the game is intended (Jedi From the start, and lightsaber at start mods etc). If you don't get what I mean then perhaps another way of phrasing it is: Does this add to the story like RCM/ M4-78 rather than remaking it into a experience that is far from the intended feel of the game? Any opinions on that?

Something I do remember though is I never knowing Bao Dur and the Handmaiden could be Jedi's. I must have sucked at video games way back when.

I'm probably going to go to Nar Shadaa first, just because I remember it being quite interesting, and Jedifying Atton there. But opinions on coruscant would be muchly invited! 

Coruscant is more of a training room rather than actual storyline. It didn't ruin the pacing or make the overall gameplay easier; rather it enriched it for me.

It gives you access to more force powers and more premium saber pieces which adds more options rather than unnecessary power/experience points. It also made sense to me if you are a Jedi to go back to the temple to train before facing a difficult adversary, from a storyline perspective.

My only issue with the mod itself is a lack of story detail as far as specific references to Coruscant's history or that of the Jedi.

I am so torn! I don't know whether to go Dantooine or Nar Shadaa first... It's been so long since my first play through (this is only my second!), I didn't even finish the game last time, whoops! 

I am also torn on whether the Coruscant Jedi Temple mod is 'canon' within KOTOR 2 and whether I should get it and play it..... I want to have the best experience, but I don't want to 'ruin' or 'dirty' my 'canon' play-through with mods that are not how the game is intended (Jedi From the start, and lightsaber at start mods etc). If you don't get what I mean then perhaps another way of phrasing it is: Does this add to the story like RCM/ M4-78 rather than remaking it into a experience that is far from the intended feel of the game? Any opinions on that?

Something I do remember though is I never knowing Bao Dur and the Handmaiden could be Jedi's. I must have sucked at video games way back when.

I'm probably going to go to Nar Shadaa first, just because I remember it being quite interesting, and Jedifying Atton there. But opinions on coruscant would be muchly invited! 

I often go to both planet at the same time. The important thing is to not get locked on a planet by doing too much, especially on Nar Shadaa!