Jorak Uln

Joraks Experiments [WIP]

Hey Jorak, I know we're doing TSL right now, but did anyone inform you of when you use the Sith Base textures from Kotor I you also alter the leviathan as a result? Wondering if you were planning on doing a Leviathan set when TSL is done.

• Like 1

Hey Jorak, I know we're doing TSL right now, but did anyone inform you of when you use the Sith Base textures from Kotor I you also alter the leviathan as a result? Wondering if you were planning on doing a Leviathan set when TSL is done.

Maybe later. Currently its all Kotor 2.

Interestingly, things took an interesting turn now.

Currently im working on an Overhaul with Cache71, which overhauls all Planets and most other textures too of Kotor 1.

The prequel movies are an important inspiration ressource and i tried my hardest to get it look right.

post-11673-0-46840200-1476349528_thumb.jpg

Therefore, most likely there wont be an update on the Complete Overhaul series.

• Like 5

Interestingly, things took an interesting turn now.

Currently im working on an Overhaul with Cache71, which overhauls all Planets and most other textures too of Kotor 1.

The prequel movies are an important inspiration ressource and i tried my hardest to get it look right.

This is super exciting news, excited to see what you guys release

• Like 2

Movie enspired standard sabers, they flicker very subtle, so the core doesnt appear always the same - so far im considering releasing them as a separate mod to the big overhaul:

post-11673-0-56650800-1476876455_thumb.jpg

post-11673-0-20752000-1476876457_thumb.jpg

post-11673-0-66210400-1476876458_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The colored shine looks too small to me. It should glow more when compared to the movie sabers. Also, on the last picture the tip of the saber tooks really weird.

With that said, I really like where you're going with those! :)

The colored shine looks too small to me. It should glow more when compared to the movie sabers. Also, on the last picture the tip of the saber tooks really weird.

The tip is only looking like that because the saber was in motion - its difficult to get the screnshot of only 1 frame - if i find time, i could perhaps

send you guys a test file, since the appearance is also changed by the animation.

EDIT:

Here it is. (only colors Blue, Red, Yellow, Purple, Green) Just drag & drop into Override:

http://www.megafileupload.com/g984/MovieSaberTEST.rar

I really like the Anchorhead textures, though the shadows don't quite line up with the sun position.

I really like the Anchorhead textures, though the shadows don't quite line up with the sun position.

Good point, i havent noticed that yet.

Also i still have to add a second sun to the skybox, so that one should fix it.

• Like 1

WOW there's some cognitive dissonance going on there, because the sand looks so realistic but the the rest of KotOR can't keep up. Nice work!

• Like 2

Are those dog footprints? They're a little distracting, because it looks like it was really happy, running every which way it could. If they're something else, then they're a little too frequent and regularly spaced, and don't seem like they're naturally occurring for such a wind swept area.

Are those dog footprints? They're a little distracting, because it looks like it was really happy, running every which way it could. If they're something else, then they're a little too frequent and regularly spaced, and don't seem like they're naturally occurring for such a wind swept area.

Do you mean the floor tex in the sandpeople enclave?

In the third screenshot you can very clearly see what look like canine footprints in the lower right. I believe that's what he's referring to.

In the third screenshot you can very clearly see what look like canine footprints in the lower right. I believe that's what he's referring to.

ah, that one. As you know, the difficulty in Kotor is that you have the same tiny texture which is plastered across the dune sea ~ 100 times.

So no matter what you do, to some extend it will always look a bit repetitive.

I used a more regular dune tex before, but it looked worse, so this was really the best i could find, as it has a lot of detail and hides that aspect pretty well.

Atm i cant do any better, sorry.

ah, that one. As you know, the difficulty in Kotor is that you have the same tiny texture which is plastered across the dune sea ~ 100 times.

So no matter what you do, to some extend it will always look a bit repetitive.

I used a more regular dune tex before, but it looked worse, so this was really the best i could find, as it has a lot of detail and hides that aspect pretty well.

Atm i cant do any better, sorry.

Ah. I wasn't trying to criticize your work, personally. I am just pointing out the one tiny flaw others are seeing so you might be able to see and remove it.

I am an artist as well, and I too hate it when people see something I never intended as the key to why it doesn't look as good as I want it to be. Sorry if it seems the cons outweigh the pros; this texture really does look fantastic and has a great deal of definition and color vibrancy.

Ah. I wasn't trying to criticize your work, personally. I am just pointing out the one tiny flaw others are seeing so you might be able to see and remove it.

I am an artist as well, and I too hate it when people see something I never intended as the key to why it doesn't look as good as I want it to be. Sorry if it seems the cons outweigh the pros; this texture really does look fantastic and has a great deal of definition and color vibrancy.

Don't worry. I'm not made out of paper, so I can take a bit constructive critique ;)

Back to topic:

You're right, the footsteps on the tex dont look ideal - but as I said - on the other hand, I have to make compromises with that floor texture. Even with hex editing there's no way to assign more than one tex.

I find your work on the sand simply excellent!

To nitpick, I am not so fond of the floor pattern at the enclave. It seems a little "messy" to me, reminding me of a desert camo suit...

Perhaps if you used the cloning tool on that particular portion where the dog footprint pattern is the most obvious, you could at least mitigate its impact. You could also "paint" over that area with a masked sand texture underneath as well, but that would be more tedious.

I find your work on the sand simply excellent!

To nitpick, I am not so fond of the floor pattern at the enclave. It seems a little "messy" to me, reminding me of a desert camo suit...

Glad you like it!

Funny, since judging it ingame i actually liked that one most from all Tatooine textures. 

Mainly because of the high contrast.

The idea is to create sth. similar to the sand in the back:

post-11673-0-89844400-1479503407_thumb.png

Perhaps if you used the cloning tool on that particular portion where the dog footprint pattern is the most obvious, you could at least mitigate its impact. You could also "paint" over that area with a masked sand texture underneath as well, but that would be more tedious.

I must admit, im not a big fan of the cloning tool, since you always have artifacts.

And even a little bit of color displacement will  be visible, and more, in a repeating pattern every 4-5 meters in front of your main char, believe me, you dont want that.

Glad you like it!

Funny, since judging it ingame i actually liked that one most from all Tatooine textures.

Mainly because of the high contrast.

The idea is to create sth. similar to the sand in the back:

93.png

I must admit, im not a big fan of the cloning tool, since you always have artifacts.

And even a little bit of color displacement will be visible, and more, in a repeating pattern every 4-5 meters in front of your main char, believe me, you dont want that.

Hmm.. Maybe I am using the wrong name, but I remember the Cloning tool having two modes: One which everyone basically uses it for, is to take a sample of pixels and blend them together; "seamlessly" cleaning up problematic areas.

The second is to take a sample (Holding Alt, IIRC) of a different part of the image and "clone" it into the spot that looks wrong. I generally use a similar shaped dune for sand, and a fairly spread brush to clean it to match.

The aforementioned usage may be another tool entirely, but as long as you use another part of the image, there will be minimal to no artifacting.