Quanon

Quanons many projects.

So I'm cleaning up my harddrive, I got files and folders all over the place.

My desktop is a mess. Full of modding stuff and other bits and pieces.

Of course, this means I stumble upon old stuff. One suck oldy; I released waaaay back in time was a crazy weapons pack.

A fun, tongue in the cheeck, weapons mod for the Kotor games.

The weapons, where everyday props and tools. Chainsaw, golf club, baseball bat, wrecking hammer... A barstool even :laughing:

But I was a newbie then and in great haste cobbled together this pack. Sloppy modelling and quickly made textures for said items.

And these last few months I'm back to doing more minor mods; reskins and such. So just finding back that zipfile, I just had to(o) redo this mod.

I picked the baseball bat as a first item, it's simple in shape, but this time I made sure it had enough polyies for a nice smooth look.

The other items will follow; if anyone has a suggestion for a "crazy" weapon; feel free to comment. No dildos, that's not what dangly mesh is made for :P

Old files are always a nice trip down memory lane. "I remember back in aught six, when I was just a newbie modder...back then, all we had for tools was gumption and a can-do attitude!" :lol:

Q, you certainly have invited the floodgates of suggestion with this one :P

Aww I vote making Jolee even cooler!

I've noticed that Jolee's basic clothes have some random uvw errors on the front of the jacket (that I intend to fix). Also, is there something weird about his top lip? It's like the model vertices were designed specifically for his mustache, but then the uvw map puts some of his lip on there, and the model portion for the actual lip looks flat. Is it just my imagination? I don't know if it's something that requires a uvw fix, or just a texture fix?

• Like 1

Please, don't delete your old Korriban modules. Release them as a modder's resource pack, because someone could find a purpose for them.

Please, don't delete your old Korriban modules. Release them as a modder's resource pack, because someone could find a purpose for them.
That seems like a good idea

Old files are always a nice trip down memory lane.
You may even want to release your Republic Carth and Concept art Carth uniforms mod!

For crazy weapons, I'd suggest a Minecraft Sword

post-23972-0-58462300-1484475751_thumb.jpg

post-23972-0-87899700-1484475835_thumb.png

That seems like a good idea

You may even want to release your Republic Carth and Concept art Carth uniforms mod!

It's RedRob41 who made them.

giant scythe, wet fish (complete with slap sounds and flop animations), warning/danger sign, duel weapons: knife & fork (although maybe too small for a good effect)

Love the fish idea! That one is in.

giant inflatable hammer with squeak toy noises. dual wield could be big wooden fork and spoon with a chef's hat. rolling pin with chef's hat.

I've got a sledge hammer in the pack, but I like your chef idea the most. 

You've got to make baseball caps and jerseys to go with those bats!!

Could I request a Miami Dolphins one? Preferably with the old logo, please!

Caps and chef hats, I hadn't thought on doing crazy headgear. Tophat and monocle for the moustache twirling sith lords! :laughing:

But I guess it fits with the pack. I might split this up in to 2 packs, just so I get things done for once :D

Old files are always a nice trip down memory lane. "I remember back in aught six, when I was just a newbie modder...back then, all we had for tools was gumption and a can-do attitude!" :lol:

Q, you certainly have invited the floodgates of suggestion with this one :P

I've noticed that Jolee's basic clothes have some random uvw errors on the front of the jacket (that I intend to fix). Also, is there something weird about his top lip? It's like the model vertices were designed specifically for his mustache, but then the uvw map puts some of his lip on there, and the model portion for the actual lip looks flat. Is it just my imagination? I don't know if it's something that requires a uvw fix, or just a texture fix?

I haven't looked at Jolee just yet, I want HK and T3 done first before starting on Jolee. But of course if you can fix up his UVmaps, then please! :P

Since I was doing these items, I found out UVmapping is just my bane, I love doing 3D, but UVmaps are just dull! x-D

I got the golf club done, did have a crash in 3ds Max when working on the UVmap, no idea why... But I had enough saves so I didn't lose any important work at that moment.

Today I got it in the game and had a little discussion with the sand people on Tatooine, it didn't turn out well...

It's a shame though the game does have rendering faults on my system, a lot of the seams on the models is visible at time; be it the heads of NPCs and party members and weapons.

GolfClub001.jpg

GolfClub002.jpg

GolfClub003.jpg

Good afternoon. You insert the model in KOTOR good. You can insert the box instead of the original? Good looking.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/52189/related/5/3D-Model/Weapon-Box?interstitial_displayed=Yes#

S93h2BQfaT8.jpg

What would you want to do with the box? 

Would be a piece to be placed in the Ebon Hawk or some area; like a piece of the decor?

Or you want to bash sandpeople with it :laughing:

Eitherway, I could create a crate like that.   :D

The barstool test run: the whole fight scene was rather hilarious, as at first I didn't notice everybody was in his underwear.

Bar_Stool01.jpg

• Like 1

It would be great to replace the original boxes with items. I do not know whether it can be opened. You can bind to nimu animation?

I never tried this; but I think it should be possible. Though, this would only replace the boxes you can open to take items out.

Some of the boxes you see around the game are part of the area model. So those would stay the same.

Okay; today I kept working on the barstool. There where some issues with flipped faces on the mesh.
It took time to get most of them fixed and after testing I still spotted 2 new spots where this happens.

The baseball bat and golf club also have a few minor UVmap issues I need to address before release.
Still, it's going nicely!

I opted for a wooden barstool. It just feels more right to my Belgian mind :laughing:
Tomorrow I've got my day off from work, I'm aiming to do some more modding then.

Though I might go back to HK and T3 first. I believe these have a more higher urgency. :P

Bar_Stool02.jpg

Whatever makes you happy.

T3 does! :laughing:

I must say the droids are more fun than I thought. T3 is going smoothly. 

Spend about +-3 hours today on it and I like the result so far.

I tried out a few different things and I might go back to HK to see if it would work on him as well.

It's mainly on the small techy looking details on the droids. HK doesn't have to much exposed but it might be interesting to do a better job on it.

So here's an early preview on T3:

T3_Prev.jpg

• Like 1

I don't know... In the plot T3 is a customized droid, and brand new! I think this looks a little too R2D2. I love KOTOR because it's so set apart from the Star Wars of GL and Disney. I think T3 needs his own personal trademark. Something to shout I am T3! But you are the creator.   

I'm not too fond of the color scheme on the T3-M4. I can't really say too much more as the preview picture isn't close enough to see any more detail.

Just going to throw this out there for you Q if you want to make more than one skin (like alternates or whatever) for T3 and/or HK: with a little .uti editing and if needed 2da magic, you could make the skin change depending on what armor item/armor class the droid is wearing... ;)

• Like 2

Just going to throw this out there for you Q if you want to make more than one skin (like alternates or whatever) for T3 and/or HK: with a little .uti editing and if needed 2da magic, you could make the skin change depending on what armor item/armor class the droid is wearing... ;)

Sounds cool! I didn't know that was possible.

@others: No worries, you know how this turns out with my early previews ;)

Sounds cool! I didn't know that was possible.

@others: No worries, you know how this turns out with my early previews ;)

Here is a tutorial on how to do that, should you want to give it a try.

Did some more work on T3. Still need to tweak his blue color a bit better.

In the game he has this baby blue thing going on, mine is more azure. :P

Just added in more piping/ techy detail stuff on some of his panels. It's more visible on his side and back.

No in-game shots just yet. I deleted all my old save games and did a clean up of my override folder.

T3_Prev2.jpg

T3_Prev3.jpg

T3_Prev55.jpg

• Like 2

The last shot shows the difference beautifully! Still not quite sure if I'm certain about the Azure, but I think it might need more contrast. Maybe you could make T3 more stainless steel or even white? I don't know, but I really think with such a light blue you need some serious contrast. But that's color theory class talking, you do what you want I'll DL it.