Sithspecter

Download:Sleheyron Demo

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=391

File Name: Sleheyron Demo

File Submitter: Sithspecter

File Submitted: 02 Mar 2014

File Category: Mods

Ladies and gentlemen, I have a very special treat for you today.

Several years ago my laptop containing all my former mod files was stolen. Obviously there was no option to recover any of those files. I had assumed that all the Sleheyron files were lost with this theft. However, today, almost five years after the fact, I discovered that I had uploaded the Sleheyron mod in its entirety onto my old Mediafire account! After checking it out, I've got good news and bad news.

Bad news! It's not finished. Much is incomplete and there's not a whole lot there.

Good news! What's there works, and it works great! There are 3 brand new areas that function quite flawlessly. Included are the landing pad, a Sleheyron street module, and a cantina. The landing pad is in a pretty solid state and has NPCs and dialog and sounds. The street is completely desolate, but there are a number of doors that could eventually be put to use. The cantina is about 1/4 finished, but it's something.

I encourage you to download this, create a new override folder, and check it out for old time's sake.

Throw everything except the .mod files in your override folder. The .mod files go in the modules folder. Have fun!

Also, feel free to use these modules in any mods you want to make. Credit would be nice, but not required.

Click here to download this file

Also, feel free to use these modules in any mods you want to make. Credit would be nice, but not required.

That's a noble gesture, Sithspecter.  Folks, if you do use this in your mods please do credit Sithspecter. One kind gesture deserves another . . .

Finally, this long abandoned logo makes more sense to display.

abanneranimatedlucasforu.gif

• Like 1

Great Job!

I wish these were able to be used in kotor 2 game 

Will have to download this later

So, was the modelling custom, or was it already in K1's files?

The answer's important, since it determines if I can run it through MDLOps for use in TSL...

It's custom modelling, with the possible exception of the arena module. But anything which is from K1's files can't be put into TSL, anyway, since that would be porting. ;)

That's a noble gesture, Sithspecter.  Folks, if you do use this in your mods please do credit Sithspecter. One kind gesture deserves another . . .

Finally, this long abandoned logo makes more sense to display.

abanneranimatedlucasforu.gif

That's another blast from the past! And all of it is custom models. Except the arena, which I didn't even realize was included. Use the warp function and warp to sle_m31aa to get there. I don't really recollect how I did that one. But it seems to block the camera going through the walls.

That's another blast from the past! And all of it is custom models. Except the arena, which I didn't even realize was included. Use the warp function and warp to sle_m31aa to get there. I don't really recollect how I did that one. But it seems to block the camera going through the walls.

The room model itself was included in the game files, but it lacked lightmaps and walkmesh. I remember getting around this by using the Taris arena's walkmesh to be able to take a look around the model.

On walkmesh and camera blocking: The Telos Entertainment Module 081 model files in TSL may hold some clue. While those parts of the area you can normally access have the usual camera-blocking, some of those parts elsewhere in the module which you have to cheat to get to don't. I'm thinking particularly of a large 'warehouse'-like space you can jump to with JC's toolbox, which is along on the far side from the ledge by Dendis and Samhan Dobo's shop and the cantina. So a close comparison of the walkmesh of that room with the walkmesh belonging to another might yield useful information. :)

I don't think it's the walkmesh at all. I think it's in the actual meshes of the model themselves. If it was a walkmesh issue, there is no way that it should work since I made that walkmesh just like all the rest.

And all of it is custom models.

Let's leave aside the arena for this one reply. What about the textures though? I don't know if the wall, floors, and other textures are custom or if they are also custom made.

I'm not really concerned about the skybox as the one for Sleheyron that remained in game was also the skybox originally used for M4-78 - so at least that's not a conflict.

The textures are straight from the KotOR. I didn't even have to include them in the pack, which is the reason that the file size is so small. However, lots of them exist on Dxun in TSL.

If you can find the filenames from Kotor, I'm sure I could find their equivalents in the Kotor2 assets. 

Ah. I should have known .. 

Well, the good news is that there are very few textures for Sleheyron as a whole.

In fact I found nearly all of them on Dxun primarily with a small smattering used on Dantooine and a few on Onderon.

The only issue I see is that I count 4 to 5 of them being 100% unique.

The first set of these are the Sleheyron floor pattern which could be replicated pretty easily, but the second is a fully different set of signs which would have to be remade by hand to stick with not porting..

Ah. I should have known .. 

Well, the good news is that there are very few textures for Sleheyron as a whole.

In fact I found nearly all of them on Dxun primarily with a small smattering used on Dantooine and a few on Onderon.

The only issue I see is that I count 4 to 5 of them being 100% unique.

The first set of these are the Sleheyron floor pattern which could be replicated pretty easily, but the second is a fully different set of signs which would have to be remade by hand to stick with not porting..

Well, I'm just concerned about the modules themselves.

Taking all of this into consideration, would you guys say I can use these in TSL if I replace the majority of the textures i a major Hex-edit+reskin?

Yeah, use in TSL if you'd like. Just not the arena, as that's strictly K1 property.

Taking all of this into consideration, would you guys say I can use these in TSL if I replace the majority of the textures in a major Hex-edit+reskin?

I'm going take a look at the textures that would need to be replaced. That will be once I get home tonight.

OK, I've looked over the list of textures and they aren't really the type of texture that I'd specialize, I think I know a few people here and at LF that would be able and willing to to do new versions of the KotOR1 exclusive textures.

(Malkior and Xarwarz, I'm looking at you.)

In addition, Quanon had some signage (Including bottles and Twi-lek Dancers!) in his Crazy Nights 2.0 mod. I think they would definitely fit in on Sleheyron.

commsignscomplet.jpg

commsignscomplet2.jpg

As long as I'm volunteering everyone else, I should volunteering something. You're more than welcome to use my animated Twi'lek Dancer - of course, I'd could change the colors from it's original version.

DancingTwilek_zpsc10d0638.gif

Seeing as it's original, there would be no porting issues with mine anyway. Mine is OK for use with add-ons to this mod or for Disbeliever's mod if he wants it.

Greetings, Sithspecter! Hope you're doing fine.

I have just downloaded the Demo, and as I tried to make it compatible with my current playthrough's installation using the TSLPatcher, I found that its baseitems.2da tried to mod RowIndex 24 which is the Heavy_Repeating_Blaster by changing powereditem value to 1.

• What does it means if you don't mind to elaborate?

Other than that, the installation went a success as seen in the screenshot below; the module works fine, and I am so excited with the prospect of this amazing project.

Spoiler

SS_Sleheyron6.thumb.png.dce6270baa04100e29f903b31c78cc33.png

Many thanks for considering this. :cheers:

25 minutes ago, ebmar said:

I found that its baseitems.2da tried to mod RowIndex 24 which is the Heavy_Repeating_Blaster by changing powereditem value to 1.

powereditem means that when the weapon is being used (either in combat or via hitting the flourish hotkey) the weapon model will play a different animation. This is normally the case of lightsabers and staves, but it can be applied to any weapon model. I believe Sithspecter used this to have the barrel rotate.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, JCarter426 said:

powereditem means that when the weapon is being used (either in combat or via hitting the flourish hotkey) the weapon model will play a different animation. This is normally the case of lightsabers and staves, but it can be applied to any weapon model. I believe Sithspecter used this to have the barrel rotate.

Thank you for the feedback! So, does it mean it is safe for my general playthrough that it had been set to 1 now? 🤔

Edit: I have play-tested it with Canderous carrying his RB and everything seems to be fine so; move along. :cheers:

Edited by ebmar