This thread will contain all of my WIP mods as they come. For now, have a look at the few places featured in the TSL version of the NPC Overhaul mod.

Dantooine Battle Mercs - No more 50 billion of 3rd Caucasian Male clones with shielding visor and prop weapons. Now they wield actual arms. Militia health was upped accordingly so they don't drop dead too early.

MG10cUF.png

Dantooine Salvagers - Never understood the concept of having them in rags. Sure, they're scavengers, but even scavs have money for some basic equipment. They had to get to Dantooine somehow after all.

159N8og.png

Telos Cantina - Trask, Gendar and Gadon return from the dead to work as Exchange enforcers. Commoners no longer wear the same 11th variant of clothing.

8cloyYn.png

Telos Exchange Offices - Consistent with Cantina appearances, plus giving the Black Vulkar Nikto characters more screentime again.

8Rns3Hi.png

Korriban Tomb - Always felt TSL robes are meant to be a design retcon, since they're shown in the Exile's trial, taking place before Jedi Civil War. So, the visions wear different master robes. Note that these may differ across games, as I have Deadman's Movie Robes installed.

clD2eQc.png

Nebelish is no longer a randomly dead Dustil.

w9FFi0J.png

Nar Shadda Refugee Quad - Always bothered me that the refugees scraping the bottom of the barrel could still afford clean clothes. Especially when there are two variants of dirty ones in the game.

CxcOp0N.png

Moar to follow.

• Like 3

Might be, but I just retconned Obsidian's model reuse altogether.

Also moar stuff.

Telos Czerka Site - Differentiated mercs. Unfortunately, some clones remain, due to the lazy way Obsidian set them up, and I'm not knowledgeable enough with scripts to set new people up.

hvNzG6U.png

Dxun Tomb - Different gendered Sith Warriors practicing with sabers, plus a glimpse of one of the new sith uniforms.

dwNglUS.png

Nar Shaddaa Entertainment Promenade - Twi'lek attendant, now having clothes fitting for someone attending to people, rather than a random dancer outfit. Twi'lek auditioning for Domo has a dancer outfit, fitting for the current action. Two other potential females waiting their turn, are clothed normally.

0cpydYw.png

I suppose a good work around for this one would be to download Fallen Guardian's Dustil Restoration 1.0.

Some things are not meant to be restored.

Everything looks good here, Kainzor. I really like you're addressing the duplicates everywhere.

Apart from the duplicates, I've also fixed soundsets where applicable. No more kinrath swoop droid on nar shaddaa, tank droid female sith and female commoner male sith on Ravager.

Also, I've separated the starting class clothing as they should be, though with different textures than the default ones. No more brown sacks for everyone.

There's also crapton of restored shaders, including Mandalorians, Hutts, droids, and so on.

A little update to the K2 version, invloving the Telos military base and Goto's yacht. Also loot drop corrections will be included, so that enemies won't drop all of their carried gear, making the player stupidly over-equipped.

Military base - The good old quadruped droids are making a return, instead of unending clones of the same Mark I droids attacking over and over.

XinMOgH.png

HwQoJNH.png

hQZ4b1v.png

Goto's Yacht - Apart from Goto hologram having armor, like Davik used to have, the droids have been differentiated among many combat models. Since G0-T0 was supposed to have obtained an unique new body after escaping Citadel Station, it stands to reason he wouldn't have billions of his clones populating the yacht.

GS23kxb.png

kmrc2fT.png

SCQqFvS.png

aPOE3e4.png

qPwGV2L.png

qRsHlWO.png

B2dIgJN.png

6IKDBHM.png

I know Hassat Hunter worked a lot on the loot system. You sure this will work with 1.8.2 and its sequel?

It should, I've built this mod with 1.8.2 installed. I've simply forgotten to uncheck the 'droppable' flag from the new items I gave to NPCs. In case where there are several cloned ones like in Czerka offices, you would get stupidly large amount of good quality armor and weapons, since they dropped everything they had.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why you don't modify .utc's with KOTOR Tool but use the GFF editor instead XD

Also had it's limitations, but I find it breaks a lot less in files. I do use Kotortool for the nice overview of stuff though.

The overall experience that I'm having with this mod is great! The shaders that were added improves the quality of the game, Also the soundsets changes are most welcome.

Kainzorus Prime, your work on both KOTORs is of high quality and much, much appreciated. Thank you for bring a new and unique experience in two great games!

I really like this improvements. Especially the armor-related ones. What saber mod are you using in those screenies?

After a brief pause, I'm continuing with my tinkerings, with the fixes for the NPC Overhaul and subsequent K1 version being on the forefront.

Also, to finally release the working version of the Clone Trooper armors, I'm gonna need help of someone with solid experience with setting up TSL Patcher. Particulary in regards to appearance.2da entries and matching them to specific item's disguise property, so that correct disguise appearance is added to each armor after the mod is installed on a non-vanilla game. The initial release suffered greatly from this, and my inexperience with setting up that sort of flexibility. Full credit will naturally go to the person helping with this, once the mod is completed.

Some W.I.P images of K1 Overhaul will also be coming soon.

Soooo, let's see what we have here, among other things...

Taris - No more low-poly human NPCs. Two droids at the apartments replaced with troops, since the Duros mentions bodies in the following dialogue, and droid junk hardly fits definition of body. Two of the three Vulkar mooks talking to Calo now have basic combat suits now. This is lower city, and you're part of one of rival gangs. you don't walk around in casual clothing.

f1GfelX.png

CnWpy8Y.png

0h2KBWR.png

r2NTcNZ.png

g6MFZii.png

Dantooine - Elise is younger now, and looks like someone a middle aged man might be interested in, when she hooks up with Samnt. Mandalorian mugging the farmer on the plains is now red. I highly doubt a mook recruit blue Mando would lead a squad of Duros. Rickard and Handon now have differentiated clothes. Also, remember how Rickard says he was hunting Iriaz, but you never see a single bloody thing? Well, not anymore. You'll murderize at least two of them yourself, in the grove.

j45YPR5.png

F65d5EM.png

9E8t6ES.png

38AibHi.png

Korriban - Czerka contracts with the Sith, so their people should oversee the landing pad and the store. The older of the two freighter pilots is now less decrepit, while still aged. Sith students are now differentiated, have robes and show signs of dark side corruption. Academy guards are now sith troopers. Yuthura also wears robes, while Uthar uses the white Sith Apprentice armor. Adrenas, being the steward of the academy and not an actual student as he says himself, is the only one wearing a sith uniform and using a blaster.

Manaan - Mercs have armor, like any proper merc should. Differentiated some of the sith females. Now the one that shouts at you in East Ahto, one talking with male sith, two negotiators and Duan aren't clones. Swoop lounge people are no longer low poly, and two Grans are replaced by Duros, fitting their voices. Novice swoop racer and Cassandra now have combat suits. You don't race in casual clothing or dancer outfit. The sith arguing with the republic soldier is now higher rank than his peers.

After a brief pause, I'm continuing with my tinkerings, with the fixes for the NPC Overhaul and subsequent K1 version being on the forefront.

Also, to finally release the working version of the Clone Trooper armors, I'm gonna need help of someone with solid experience with setting up TSL Patcher. Particulary in regards to appearance.2da entries and matching them to specific item's disguise property, so that correct disguise appearance is added to each armor after the mod is installed on a non-vanilla game. The initial release suffered greatly from this, and my inexperience with setting up that sort of flexibility. Full credit will naturally go to the person helping with this, once the mod is completed.

Some W.I.P images of K1 Overhaul will also be coming soon.

I can help on the TSLPatcher, Kainsorous. All you'd need to do is send me all the files, including the current changes.ini, and I could make it all ship-shape.

I've hit something of a snag with the Taris Upper City Cantina it seems the replacements work fine when put in the override. However, if -any- NPC replacement is installed directly into the .rim file, the announcer dialogue breaks during the player's fight with Gerlon. It just goes as far as "draw your eyes to the center ring", and when the bit where announcer would go "in this corner, etc", it just cuts off, leaving the player stranded in the arena with non-hostile Gerlon.

I've checked everything, nothing except equipment and appearance for him was modified, like with the other fighters. Bizarrely, fight with Duncan goes without a hitch prior to that.

Again - this isn't an issue stemming from replacing Gerlon's .utc, the game seems to break if -any- utc in the cantina is directly replaced in .rim file. If I put the replacements in Override, it the fight proceeds as usual.

Maybe you could make-it an optional part of the mod to put in Override if the player wish-it?

Yeah, I've put that particular set of NPCs into the "Essentials" part of the installer, containing the models, textures and other things that go straight into the Override. It's an ideal workaround that prevents the breaking of the arena.