Guest Cair

"Holocron Quest" Discussion

Ok, so there seems to be some confusion as to who has done what modding wise, what there actually is available in the games files to restore, and what would need to be 'created'

Could we get a clarification on this please. :)

i'm going to do my own research on what is in the game files.

i'm thinking i like the idea of having both new FP's and jedi/sith artifacts as rewards

i should probably stress this isn't a restoration so to speak, its more like a re-imagination,

i personally don't like what seems to be a female biased holocron quest, the interaction with the gatekeepers will be on demand ( you find the star map and you bring it to disciple/Kreia/Visas, not sure who yet :), to activate it.) and reminiscent of the star map on Kashyyk and the Ajunta Pall force-apparition on Korriban in KOTOR 1.

I certainly would recommend asking Darth InSidious if you could use his wonderful Jedi and Sith Holocron models. Examples are below...

Jedi Holocron

jh2.jpg

Sith Holocron

shv22.jpg

Those would definitely be perfect for this mod. It was what I had thought when I first saw those screenshots.

Awesome screenshots. Anyway, I understand wanting to allow a male character to benefit aswell, but I feel it takes away from the spirit of the game to do so. Notice that kreia says that males focus more on lightsabers and physical. What does a male character get? A fighter to spar with.

• Like 1

Notice that kreia says that males focus more on lightsabers and physical. What does a male character get? A fighter to spar with.

Where exactly does she say that? While it might make sense, the intention was that the Handmaiden would join the party, even with a female PC - though I don't know if at that point they had already done the Disciple's character, or what significance he had to the plot.

If the splicing can be done(or rather, the lines can be put together as needed), maybe the quest can simply operate a bit differently for males? Perhaps he would appear either on Dantooine(if supporting Khounda), or he would later appear on Telos(though perhaps this is the better option, since he does say he is leaving Dantooine). Though I'm not sure how the quest is meant to progress, or if he is needed to accompany the Exile or not.

• Like 1

If the splicing can be done(or rather, the lines can be put together as needed), maybe the quest can simply operate a bit differently for males? Though I'm not sure how the quest is meant to progress, or if he is needed to accompany the Exile or not.

How about an easier option?

Require both TSLRCM 1.8 and Hassat Hunter's Handmaiden 4 Females - Disciple 4 Males (for TSLRCM 1.8.1) 1.0 as pre-requisites for using the Holocron Mod? Then you're still have an Exile - as either male or female - and you get to use Disciple.

Require both TSLRCM 1.8 and Hassat Hunter's Handmaiden 4 Females - Disciple 4 Males (for TSLRCM 1.8.1) 1.0 as pre-requisites for using the Holocron Mod? Then you're still have an Exile - as either male or female - and you get to use Disciple.

I agree with SH on this 1. Disciple needs to become more important instead of staying a tool. I know VP has stated what the quest was supposed to be and in doing this mod you should stay as true to what was originally intended as possible. It makes no sense what so ever to make new force powers when there are what 4 or so FP mods out there that alot of people use.

It's going to be really cool to finally have Disciple's role beefed up and make him worth using as a character.

I wouldn't bother about making alternate version for male players - lets have female unique content in there. And if someone will want to do a quest playing male, installing HH's mod should allow it, right?

Finally having a reason to pick up Disciple is most important, though ;)

Hmmm...not a bad idea. Though the only issue becomes that, if you choose the Handmaiden, then quest won't be obtainable. Though I will admit that the quest will give the Disciple a bit more substance, since the most he has at this point is the fact that he can become a Jedi, where if you choose Brianna, then she can be sparred with, become a Jedi, and the entire reason she is on the ship is more oriented around story. It technically is for the Disciple as well, but it doesn't become apparent in the vanilla game, and even in TSLRCM it is in late game that you know why he wanted to accompany you(yes, I know about the "I found the Exile" scene, though you see that if you don't recruit him).

Finally having a reason to pick up Disciple is most important, though ;)

I agree. It was disappointing when half of the Disciple's character assets were rushed and removed. There are a lot of in-game cut scenes on the Ebon Hawk that hints to these assets, but none of them made a difference because the content was already removed or simply not developed. I'm happy to know that there's new content being developed for the Disciple, and I'm sure it will help restore his character to a fair degree.

It makes no sense what so ever to make new force powers when there are what 4 or so FP mods out there that alot of people use.

i dont feel that way at all ( i do however value your opinion :)). sorry but ive never heard a complaint about getting more content, i well not limit myself based on what other people have made.

as i replid on LF to a post very similar :

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyrie

Can I make a suggestion? Not sure if it's possible or not to write a script for giving you a random force power that you don't currently have instead of creating new ones with all the force power mods out there and all.

-------------------------------

ill think about that. keep in mind not all the holocrons well give fp's, they should give, in my perspective, something characteristic of their creator, for example ajunta pall (im not using him though) was a renowned swordsmen, he could give a new melee attack, enhance your swordsmanship or give you a new item etc.

for that reason im going to go with new force powers to the game, not to the universe though, things like sith alchemy, flow-walking etc. (just examples not final XD flow walking could be very unbalanced). or maybe even advanced forms of powers in-game.

ok just typed up a perfect response, then browser decided to crash GRRR

bare with me:

in short here is what i wanted to say,

the quest WILL NOT require HH's mod, i dont believe it fair.

the quest well be available to both sexes, the female well have the disciple involved, like obsidian intended (it well feature this as a Restoration) the male well pursue the power for the betterment of the republic, or his own selfish means.

holocrons well be quests of there own, they well be unique, and each well have a gatekeeper, fully voiced, and you well be able to interact directly with it.

there well be one on m4-78.

the disciples quest well be restored as closely as possible with the female, with the male, he well still play a big role, i have a few ideas...

considering, there is a fake holocron seller on Dantooine, Atris hoards holocrons, and you can find one on Korriban already (though it isn't a fully operational one iirc), i feel that holocrons were originally intended to be far more central in the whole game, not just a female sub-quest.

rest assured there well be restoration of the quest, but iirc the game only provides part of the quest, the rest well need to be fleshed out.

:) no hate to any one :)

and you can find one on Korriban already (though it isn't a fully operational one iirc)

You haven't played the game much have you.

Set Revan to be Darksides... and enjoy your 'new content' when using said Holocron ;)

Set Revan to be Darksides... and enjoy your 'new content' when using said Holocron ;)

over 400hrs actually, i know about the bastila holocron. i just havent gone to do that my last few games, so im a bit rusty on how it worked XD (how the interaction was, ie you dont ask questions, it just plays like a holovid)

I have just noticed that there were two "Holocron Quest" threads. I have merged them together, for obvious reasons.

Aaaaand there's a great reason to do another Darkside playthrough. Thanks, Hassat!

Is this still being worked on?

The only person that was considering working on it - Darth Sapiens - had to this to say on 30 August 2013 . . .

So people time for an update, I am going to be stepping back, not stepping down. I am going to keep modding but I will likely be less frequent in the community, I need to spend more time with my family, thanks every one for your support and this isn't the last you have heard of me :D

So . . . don't hold your breath on a release.

What are the powers it mentions as well what VO are for the holocron quest. How do I play those VO so I know what they sound like.

Admin: Check this . . .

Is there any news on if this mod will be made or released? It seems like a lot of content that hasn't been restored. It would be a shame if this Holocron quest went unnoticed and unrestored. It seems like a very interesting quest and would give me a reason to have Disciple as a party member.

Is there any news on if this mod will be made or released? It seems like a lot of content that hasn't been restored. It would be a shame if this Holocron quest went unnoticed and unrestored. It seems like a very interesting quest and would give me a reason to have Disciple as a party member.

This thread is 7 years old and the last post was 5 years ago. No one is making this mod, at least not the one in this thread.

This thread is 7 years old and the last post was 5 years ago. No one is making this mod, at least not the one in this thread.

Do you know of any other modder's that are looking into this? I tried searching on google and found nothing. It seems that this idea of a pretty interesting Holocron quest is dead. So sad. :crybaby: