bead-v

The Exile's Own Upgradable Swoop Bike

Hey guys!

I'm working on a mod that will allow the player to buy a swoop bike and race with it. There is a twi'lek on Nar Shaddaa that will sell you a swoop bike (the same model as the one from K1, not like the K2 versions). You will then be able to upgrade that swoop bike (a cut/never finished feature of the game) with upgrades that you can buy in Tienn's shop and race with it on Nar Shaddaa and Telos. You won't be able to race with it on Onderon because the Hawk never actually lands there.

pPYSd.jpg

oUrkC.jpg

The mod is functional, but still needs some improvements that I can't do myself. The swoop driver needs to be removed and a .pwk created for the swoop bike. Also, custom icons for the upgrades, as well as a high-res image of the swoop bike for the upgrade screen would also be very welcome. If anyone is able and interested to help out with this, please send me a PM.

Fkel0.jpg

KlwdB.jpg

ofDu6.jpg

The best upgrade configuration makes swoop racing quite a lot easier. While I had to try 100 times before I beat the fastest time on Telos without upgrades (which is 41.something seconds), on my first try with the upgraded swoop bike I got a time of around 25 seconds, probably even less. So to keep the game balanced I may have to put the right price up for the upgrades while still keeping them purchasable, modify the way in which upgrades work, and/or change the default racer times in the game. Since I'm gonna have a difficult time figuring that out by myself, I was thinking about uploading like a beta version of the mod here, before applying the final balancing changes, so you can give me your suggestions if you have any. First the problems mentioned above have to be fixed though.

CmVkq.jpg

• Like 2

Awesome... I wondered if those upgrades would actually work, seem they do. Neat.

Preview of the update screen? Or too spoilerish?

Awesome... I wondered if those upgrades would actually work, seem they do. Neat.

Preview of the update screen? Or too spoilerish?

ofDu6.jpg

Isn't that it?

Awesome Dude, Great idea I'd love to help I'm not that good at modding but if you have some long easy stuff you don't have time to do PM me and I'll do it :P

Edit: Nevermind I'll PM you myself

ofDu6.jpg

Isn't that it?

Hmm...now that you mention it, the quest you actually use those parts on(fixing the Speeder Bike on Nar Shaada), seems thrown in, even if it adds a fast Travel option for that Planet.

Although I don't think that third one is ever used, but that's likely to just be among the many that aren't in K2.(Similar to the "belt" textures in the first game, implying that the belts would've been visible on the models, rather than just having their effects applied).

Hmm...now that you mention it, the quest you actually use those parts on(fixing the Speeder Bike on Nar Shaada), seems thrown in, even if it adds a fast Travel option for that Planet.

Although I don't think that third one is ever used, but that's likely to just be among the many that aren't in K2.(Similar to the "belt" textures in the first game, implying that the belts would've been visible on the models, rather than just having their effects applied).

I wasn't thinking about that when I was picking them out, I just browsed through the existing icons and picked the ones that looked most like what I would expect. Except for the maneuvering flaps that is, I don't know why but they stuck in my head.

As for the upgrade screen, that is definitely not the final version, I can move the stuff around and resize without a problem.. But I think I need at least some image of a swoop bike to stick in there before I start finalizing it. Without anything else in it it just looks... too empty.

EDIT: Oh, and there was one thing I forgot to mention. The empty upgrade slots look like crystal slots and unfortunately there is nothing that can be done about it. They never made separate icons for them and now all that is hard-coded into the .exe.

Edited by bead-v

Hey this is a great idea. Maybe you can bring your mod to Logan for his mod Revenge of Revan. Looks amazing!!! congrazt!!

I like this idea.

In KotOR I was bothered also by the ridiculous time difference between one tier and the other. I don't remember whether or not TSL has this problem as well but if it does, I would strongly suggest to modify them to allow for more beliavable tier records.

Woah cool. This'll definitely be a download from me when it comes out.

Same.

It should make swoop racing more than a mere diversion and part of actual gameplay (well, at least from a customization standpoint)

Not on Onderon? I'd allow the custom bike on Onderon as Nar Shaddaa is too easy to begin with. Oh and before I forget, can we get a kotor 1 version? I seem to remember a custom bike being part of the cut content.

Having the swoop bike on Onderon would make no sense, since you don't land on Onderon with the Ebon Hawk...

As for a K1 version... not with an upgrade screen, but it might be possible to modify the swoop racing scripts to take globals into account, if so one could pull it of with a simple dlg... I don't have any plans on doing that though.

Another one of mine that never got finished... but I know I won't ever get around to making it the way it should be. So I've decided to release this as a modder's resource. Maybe someone else will make it happen.

I have just finalized the upgrade screen (also tested a bunch of other options to make sure that this is all that is functional), and fixed the issues with the placeable. So what remains is to figure out how to distribute the upgrades, and to make the tracks on Telos and Nar Shaddaa way harder to beat. Plus a lot of cosmetic changes (upgrade icons, save remote from freezing, dialog editing so you may actually tell the track masters you have your own bike, make a HQ version of the upgrade screen, etc..).

Expect it very soon.

CpB8IOJ.jpg

ShlioVf.jpg

• Like 1

make the tracks on Telos and Nar Shaddaa way harder to beat

Wait, you don't think the track on Telos is already hard enough to beat? That's the only one I never did get past. (Or are you referring to beating with upgrades?)

Wait, you don't think the track on Telos is already hard enough to beat? That's the only one I never did get past. (Or are you referring to beating with upgrades?)

Exactly, without the upgrades it's hard to get a time of 40.0, let's say. With the upgrades, you're gonna make 20-something on your first try.

EDIT: If anyone wants to try it go ahead and download it. After running the installer and buying the bike, all you need to do is cheat in the upgrades.

Edited by bead-v

Have you thought about nerfing the upgrades?

This would be adjustable in the swoop racing scripts and it's definitely an alternative to cutting the times. Or you could do both. As I said, I never got that far.

EDIT: Let me just mention one more thing, an alternative setup that's possible for the upgrade screen. It would have a top-down view of the swoop bike, which would cover most of the screen. Then instead of the squares displaying icons, they would be transparent and hover over the corresponding parts of the swoop bike. The border would still highlight normally when hovered over or selected.

Edited by bead-v

Sry for that necro but can anyone tell me where the Twilek is supposed to be on Nar Shadaa? For the life of me I cant find him.

7 hours ago, Stormtrooper_LP said:

Sry for that necro but can anyone tell me where the Twilek is supposed to be on Nar Shadaa? For the life of me I cant find him.

Nar Shaddaa, in the corner area, by the back entrance to the workshop that you land by. ( bottom left corner of the map )

• Light Side Points 1

Thank you for answering so quick. 

Unfortunately the Twilek is nowhere to be found still. I reinstalled the mod but he still wont show up. Does it have to be a Save where you only haven't visited NS, like it is stated in the Mod description, or does it have to be a fresh Game for him to show up? And yes I used the TSLpatcher.exe, I didn't do it manually. 

4 hours ago, Stormtrooper_LP said:

Thank you for answering so quick. 

Unfortunately the Twilek is nowhere to be found still. I reinstalled the mod but he still wont show up. Does it have to be a Save where you only haven't visited NS, like it is stated in the Mod description, or does it have to be a fresh Game for him to show up? And yes I used the TSLpatcher.exe, I didn't do it manually. 

It has to be a fresh save where you haven't visited Nar Shaddaa, though generally with mods it's best to start a fresh game altogether unless you are familiar with the way the game works and the mods in question.

You also have to cheat the items into the game currently as per the mod description.

• Light Side Points 1

Okey as I thought. Thank you for helping me out. Time for a new run trough the Game I guess ^^ Ill come back here if he doesnt show up again ;)

I actually dont really care about the Upgrade Item bcs i never really had any problem to beat any Swoop Time on any Track in the second Game. (looking at you final time on Manaan in kotor 1) I solely care about the fact that it would actually add a swoop Bike into the same place where it was in K1. I am an absolute sucker for details and the fact that there is no swoop and you are not normally able to buy or add one always bothered the crap out of me. Since way back when the game came out for xbox.