Sign in to follow this  
GearHead

MOD:KotOR1 - Improved AI

KotOR1 - Improved AI

Improves the AI of KotOR 1.

Changes:

- Companions and most other NPCs use blaster feats (except droids their animations are buggy)
- Enemy forceusers now use Force Breach and Lightsaber Throw (previously the AI ignored these force powers completely)
- Enemy forceusers now use force buffs more often (Force Speed, Force Armor ect...)
- NPCs with the Force Jump feat actually do force jumps if they are further than 10m from the target
- Enemys reactivate shields after 200s
- Some minor bug fixes
- Jedi Support AI reworked

If you upgrade from version 1.0.3 or earlier delete all files with .utc file extension from your Override folder that were included in those versions.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/27/2023
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    Yes

• Like 1

Hello!

Let me say I am very interested in this modification of yours, GearHead. I was hoping for such a modification for a long time, since someone else (blinkyzero) in the past announced working on improving KotOR 1's AI.

Could we have more details about this?

Does it affect party members as well? The way they charge in battles through detected mines is something that's always bothered me, for instance.

About some NPCs not having the correct animations for Power Shot, Rapid Shot and Sniper Shot, could you tell us if that is mostly a problem with some specific races? 

@Alvar007 is our resident master animator and if he is still around he might help.

Uff... I made this mod like 8 years ago i can hardly remember the details but i try.

So what it does:
- Companions and most other npcs use blaster feats (except droids their animations are buggy)
- Enemy forceusers now use force buffs (Force Speed, Force Armor ect...) more often
- Enemys reactivate shields after 120s
- Some enemy forceuser now use Force Breach and Lightsaber Throw
- Npcs Jedi Guardians use force jump if available
- Some general bug fixes

What it doesn't do:
- Companions doesn't avoid mines
- Companions dont use force buffs automatically the idea is that you have to make them work :) (but this can be changed easily i might make a different version of the mod that makes companions fight better)
- Droid animations are buggy so they either don't or just partially use blaster feats
- Enemys don't use stims (i might add this in the future)

As for fixing animations, i know little about it.  I never worked on animations.

Just install the mod and try to fight Darth Malak on the Star Forge and you will see that he is a little bit smarter.