4 Screenshots

About This File

Description:

As I've explored all the mods which adjust and improve the textures and models for various objects and people in the game, I've noticed that surprisingly little attention has been given to modifying the appearance or look of one NPC in particular: Davik Kang, the crime lord and leader of the Exchange crime syndicate on Taris. While he doesn't have much actual screen time, he is quite important to much of the Taris section of the game. Although the tastes and opinions of people will vary wildly on this, I always felt like his appearance was rather "clunky" as he always seemed to be wearing his armor. Despite the fact that this is understandable, it would seem more fitting for an important crime-lord and de-facto important "noble" of Taris to be dressed rather formal or fancy given how others of his profession and rank are typically dressed. It would not be far-fetched to assume one in his position could wear a robe or formal jacket with body armor underneath for protection while maintaining a more "polished" look on the outside. I've included a custom skin and ported model from Kotor II for Davik's outer vestments, as well as a sharper-textured tpc file for his head that is included in the K2 game files.

Installation:

Just run the TSLPatcher the direct it to your game file

To Uninstall:

Remove the files from your Override folder and add the backup .2da file to it

Copyright:

Anyone is welcome to use my models and textures, just please ask first and be sure to give me credit

UPDATE:

New version includes texture of his robe without the military medals, as requested

Thanks to:

Effix, N-DReW25, Thor110, and others for giving me the basics of porting models and assigning textures in the game

Legal:
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT, LUCASARTS, DISNEY OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE-MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.


What's New in Version 1.0.0   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

  • Light Side Points 1



User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Somehow, EAF97 returned....with a new mod! I like this and it makes sense for Davik to wear this outfit. Also, this will go great with N-DReW25's NPC diversity mods! 

Only minor nitpick is there appears to be medals on Davik's chest, making this look like a military uniform when Davik is not military. 

  • Haha 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JasonRyder said:

Somehow, EAF97 returned....with a new mod! I like this and it makes sense for Davik to wear this outfit. Also, this will go great with N-DReW25's NPC diversity mods! 

Only minor nitpick is there appears to be medals on Davik's chest, making this look like a military uniform when Davik is not military. 

Yeah I thought about that when making the outfit but I would think of it as perhaps a custom outfit he's wearing or even one made from an old military uniform. It gives him a "warlord" or "criminal tycoon" look that you might expect from someone not just of his profession but of his status and level of influence.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, EAF97 said:

Yeah I thought about that when making the outfit but I would think of it as perhaps a custom outfit he's wearing or even one made from an old military uniform. It gives him a "warlord" or "criminal tycoon" look that you might expect from someone not just of his profession but of his status and level of influence.

That makes sense. And also, Davik most likely fought against the Mandalorians during the Taris Siege seven years before KOTOR takes place. I could see him getting some official commendations from the Tarisian government for this. 

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, JasonRyder said:

I could see him getting some official commendations from the Tarisian government for this. 

Or being a criminal he stole it, got it through bribery, etc, and then got it dyed and customized. Like I said, it's fairly similar to how a lot of criminal warlords might dress

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2023 at 5:29 AM, JasonRyder said:

Also, this will go great with N-DReW25's NPC diversity mods!

If you intend to use my Onderon Fashion mod you should install this mod AFTER the Onderon Fashion mod. The reasoning is that Onderon Fashion gives Davik the Onderon Commoner outfit so if you wish to use both mods you'll need to install that mod before Davik's Noble Vestment.

 

7 hours ago, EAF97 said:

Or being a criminal he stole it, got it through bribery, etc, and then got it dyed and customized. Like I said, it's fairly similar to how a lot of criminal warlords might dress

I'm fairly certain you can just remove the medals from the texture to fix this issue.

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, N-DReW25 said:

If you intend to use my Onderon Fashion mod you should install this mod AFTER the Onderon Fashion mod. The reasoning is that Onderon Fashion gives Davik the Onderon Commoner outfit so if you wish to use both mods you'll need to install that mod before Davik's Noble Vestment.

Agreed, I would recommend that people install my NPC mods AFTER the others. My changes.ini file is programmed so that new rows in the heads.2da and appearance.2da files will just be added but not to specific numbers or rows. This will ensure it doesn't conflict and/or can override other mods at times when it needs to.

 

3 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

I'm fairly certain you can just remove the medals from the texture to fix this issue.

I personally liked having the medals on his jacket but if that's really an issue, I'll consider removing them

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, EAF97 said:

I personally liked having the medals on his jacket but if that's really an issue, I'll consider removing them

How about make it optional? Give them a choice between medals and no medals; that way you can get your medals and other players who don't like the medals don't get them.

  • Like 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, N-DReW25 said:

How about make it optional? Give them a choice between medals and no medals; that way you can get your medals and other players who don't like the medals don't get them.

@JasonRyder @N-DReW25 as requested:

image.png.73e2fed6acb5746be781c161e395d0b7.png

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JasonRyder said:

Thank you very much! And any plans to use this outfit on other NPCs? Just recolor it and you have different looks. 

I definitely will consider re-using it and will probably release both the ported model and texture as a "modder's resource" at some point

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

And if you want to give some of Davik's guards a uniform, may I suggest using the purple combat suit in this resource: 

 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2023 at 11:36 PM, JasonRyder said:

And if you want to give some of Davik's guards a uniform, may I suggest using the purple combat suit in this resource: 

 

I'll see what I can do with that. I would probably make it a separate mod for users to install at some point

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does Davik only wear this outfit if you install the mod prior to starting a new game? I installed it right before going to his estate and he's wearing Onderonian Clothing from another mod. I tried loading  a save from before I spoke to Canderous and traveled to Davik's estate, but this didn't work. And I did install this mod AFTER the Onderon Fashion mod

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2023 at 5:06 PM, JasonRyder said:

Does Davik only wear this outfit if you install the mod prior to starting a new game? I installed it right before going to his estate and he's wearing Onderonian Clothing from another mod. I tried loading  a save from before I spoke to Canderous and traveled to Davik's estate, but this didn't work. And I did install this mod AFTER the Onderon Fashion mod

Sorry I only just saw this. The screenshots I posted were from a test-run of the mod that I did to make sure it was working properly. I would start a new game and then use the console command "warp tar_m08aa" to warp/teleport straight to his estate in order to check quickly. In some cases it makes a difference if you installed the mod and went to a pre-existing save. You could also check to make sure you haven't installed another mod that uses the onderonian clothing.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EAF97 said:

Sorry I only just saw this. The screenshots I posted were from a test-run of the mod that I did to make sure it was working properly. I would start a new game and then use the console command "warp tar_m08aa" to warp/teleport straight to his estate in order to check quickly. In some cases it makes a difference if you installed the mod and went to a pre-existing save. You could also check to make sure you haven't installed another mod that uses the onderonian clothing.

This didn't work. And I'm not using any other mods that use the Onderonian clothing. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2023 at 1:48 AM, JasonRyder said:

This didn't work. And I'm not using any other mods that use the Onderonian clothing. 

Could you post a screenshot of what the issue is so I can see what's going on? For testing reasons and due to an issue with the files I actually uninstalled and re-installed the game and then installed the mod and everything seemed to be working

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, EAF97 said:

Could you post a screenshot of what the issue is so I can see what's going on? For testing reasons and due to an issue with the files I actually uninstalled and re-installed the game and then installed the mod and everything seemed to be working

Sadly, I've moved on from that part of the game. And I might've just installed in the wrong order. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2023 at 11:27 PM, JasonRyder said:

Sadly, I've moved on from that part of the game. And I might've just installed in the wrong order. 

I'd recommend either a fresh save or a clean install of the game. If that doesn't work, feel free to message me and I will try to re-test the mod. As of now I'm planning to make a version that only has Davik wearing the robe when the player first meets him but has him wearing the armor during the escape so it won't fully conflict with Dark Hope's mod. It wouldn't be hard since Davik has two different NPC files and another user had floated the idea

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 12/6/2023 at 9:37 PM, EAF97 said:

I'd recommend either a fresh save or a clean install of the game. If that doesn't work, feel free to message me and I will try to re-test the mod. As of now I'm planning to make a version that only has Davik wearing the robe when the player first meets him but has him wearing the armor during the escape so it won't fully conflict with Dark Hope's mod. It wouldn't be hard since Davik has two different NPC files and another user had floated the idea

I've done a clean install of the game multiple times and Davik still wears the Onderonian Clothing when the player first meets him in his estate and your purple outfit when you fight him and Calo Nord in the hanger bay. Even after I installed your mod after N-Drew's Onderon Fashion mod. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.