About This File
If you update from version 1.0.x to 1.1 make sure to read the special instructions in the read-me!
In order to update to 1.1.1 from any previous version, delete all 306nara.wok, 306narb.wok and 306nard.wok from your Override folder. If you had version 1.1 installed there is no need for anything else, otherwise follow the instructions in the read-me.
This mod replaces every skybox and every planetary backdrop in the game with a new high resolution version made from scratch.
This includes a replacement of every skybox model to fix all the glaring issues with the original.
There are also some additional minor changes that either fix issues with the vanilla environments or serve to better blend ingame terrain and skybox.
Other than that I recommend you just check out the screenshots as pictures say more than a thousand words or check the video to see the animated skyboxes.
Click the following image to see additional interactive screenshot comparisons:
There are also add-ons with new skyboxes for the following mods:
If you find any issues or have any other comments, please let me know and I'll see what can be done.
For installation instructions check the read-me files of the individual downloads. You either have to run an installer or just drop files into your Override folder. For the mod to take full effect you need a savegame where you have not yet left Citadel Station.
If you update from version 1.0.x to 1.1 make sure to read the special instructions.
I also highly recommend to install the fog fix if you are using the latest Steam patch.
This mod is not compatible with any mod that edits skyboxes in any way. This includes mods that only edit their models. There might also be rare incompabilities with mods that edit non-skybox area models if those models are also edited by this mod.
You may NOT redistribute any textures included in this archive without my explicit permission. You may however use all the models as long as you give me credit.
This mod was created by Kexikus using mainly Terragen 4, Photoshop CS6 and 3ds Max. Additional tools used:
- KotOR Tool by Fred Tetra
- K-GFF by TK102
- MDL edit by bead-v
- MDLOps by ndix UR
- KOTORmax by bead-v
- tga2tpc by ndix UR
Additional resources by:
- Andy Welder: Dantooine tree model
- Animum: Dxun/Onderon tree model
- Bioware: Nar Shaddaa traffic models, Coruscant traffic texture, M4-78 buildings
- creativepack: Additional Nar Shaddaa textures
- dandelO: grass shader Dantooine and Telos, snow shader Dantooine
- Flo: Dxun bush model
- Jorak Uln: Taris window texture
- Martin Frank: Dxun bush model
- mhaze: Telos rock/mountain shader
- Misha Winkler: Grass model Dantooine
- Obsidian: Telos tree model, Nar Shaddaa textures, Onderon buildings, M4-78 buildings
- PCWallArt.com: Onderon gold texture
- proper33: Malachor lightning texture
- SCIFI3D.com: Coruscant buildings
- svenniemannie: Additional Coruscant texture
- Texturify: Additional Nar Shaddaa texture
- TheBlackHole: M4-78 lava shader
- Veronica Bush: Dxun bush model
- VIS-Games: M4-78 excavator model
THIS MOD IS NOT SUPPORTED BY LUCASARTS OR OBSIDIAN. USE THIS FILE AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER THE AUTHOR OF THIS MOD NOR THE COMPANIES MENTIONED ABOVE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER WHEN USING THIS FILE.
What's New in Version 1.2 See changelog
Hopefully fixed an issue that would cause certain models to crash the game on Mac and mobile