What This Mod Does:
Unlike the disaster that was the original soundtrack of TSL, the music of the original KOTOR was actually reasonably mixed. However, the quality was still lacking, as it was encoded in one channel with a sample rate of 22kHz and a sample size of only 8-bit. This mod will remaster the music of KOTOR.
All decodable music files were decompressed and subsequently remastered with two channel stereo audio with a sample rate of 44kHz and a sample size of 16-bit. The resultant files were then recoded as MP3 files at the maximum bitrate of 320kbps. In addition, the soundtrack files have ID3 tags attached to them so that you can put the entire soundtrack on an MP3 player.
To install this file, there are several steps to follow. First, go to your default KOTOR installation folder, usually at C:\Program Files\Steam\ Steamapps\ common\SWKOTOR\ and backup your entire StreamMusic folder. Keep it in a safe place in case you wish to uninstall this mod. Afterward, go to the StreamMusic folder that you will use and delete all the WAV files. Lastly, copy over all the files from this mod folder into your StreamMusic folder.
To uninstall this mod, delete the StreamMusic folder from your main KOTOR folder and restore the one that you backed up when you installed this mod.
As this mod edits sound files only, it will be compatible with any other mod that doesn’t also change the sound files inside the StreamMusic folder. Bugs:None that I know of. If there is, it is most likely due to a misnaming of a sound file.
Naturally, you can modify these files for your personal use. You also may use them in any mod if you would like, but please give me credit. That's all I ask.
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.
By N-DReW25A Mod for Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic
2.0.0 Release Date: 1.04.2022
Make sure you backup your "Streamsounds" folder before installing this mod!
Copy the files from the "For Streamsounds" to the "Streamsounds" folder within the "swkotor" folder! For easier installation, be sure to hit "Ctrl", "Shift" and "A" on your keyboard to select ALL of the files within "For Streamsounds".
Depends on what you've chosen to install.
Copy the files within the generated "backup" folder and place the file inside your modules folder, make sure you overwrite.
When I first released this mod, it was April 2nd 2022. But for my American fans, it was April 1st 2022.
I had uploaded this mod late at night on my April 1st so that those living in the American eastern time zone would see my mod early in the morning of their April 1st. Apparently, April Fools jokes only "work" somehow if it happened before 12PM in the afternoon and since I live in a totally different time zone I'm probably now updating the mod around 10PM for those living in the American eastern time zone... so that probably makes me the fool! (If you ignore the fact I uploaded this mod about an hour before April 2nd in my timezone)
In the original description of the mod, I had a "What does this mod do" section with an empty spoiler thingy, so without further ado...
What does this mod ACTUALLY DO???!!!:
This mod replaces EVERY SINGLE Party Member soundset audio and replaces them with the Tach's "Battle 1" soundset... AKA, that god awful Tach screech you hear in the Shadowlands!!!!
EVERY. SINGLE. AUDIO FILE. Is a Tach sound... from attack grunts, death sounds, skill related sounds, ALL. OF. THEM! Including the Player character!
In addition, the dead sounds of EVERY. OTHER. SOUNDSET. Is ALSO a Tach grunt... so whenever you kill an NPC, you're going to hear a Tach grunt!
This mod shouldn't have bugs but if there is report it on Deadlystream.com.
Report any incompatibilities to me on Deadlystream.com.
Do NOT claim credit for this mod and do not use assets from this mod without my permission.
Bioware: For such an amazing game
Fred Tetra: For Kotor Tool
Everyone who downloads the mod!
THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT, LUCASARTS, DISNEY OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE-MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.
This mod replaces the KOTOR legal screen with a high-resolution version that stays faithful to the original.
The two options for installation are the Classic (4x3 with black borders) and Widescreen (16x9) editions. If you don't see your resolution listed as a download, I may add additional options in the future if requested.
Installation & Widescreen Patching
To install this mod, simply drop legal.bik into the Movies folder in your game's directory. Make a backup copy of the original if you might uninstall this mod later.
In order for this mod to work properly, your game must be patched to run in widescreen. Here's a couple of useful links in doing so.
KOTOR Editable Executable Patching Tutorial Credits
The GIMP Team, GIMP
Olive Team, Olive Video Edior
RAD Game Tools, RAD Video Tools
Sith Holocron for helping me font-match.
Thanks to the KOTOR community for keeping these games alive.
This mod is not supported by LucasArts or BioWare. It is for personal usage only and intends no copyright infringement.
Contact me on DeadlyStream or via Discord (listed on my DS profile) if you have any questions, comments, suggestions, or the like.
If you want to use this mod as a part of an external work, you must recieve my permission. This mod should only be found on Deadly Stream, no user may upload it to another modding site.
A replacer Lucasarts Logo Screen for KotOR in 1920x1080.
The SWTOR Logo is not a work of mine, it is the EXACT Lucasarts Logo used in SWTOR.
What I did was convert the video file into a BIK file using RAD Tools.
SWTOR Lucasarts Logo Video
This mod is very much inspired by VarsityPuppet's "New Legal Screens for Kotor and TSL 1.0" and by embar's [K1] Custom 'Animated Revan' Legal Screen 1.1.1
Installation: Go the the "Lucasarts SWTOR Logo" Folder. Copy the leclogo.bik file from that folder and place it within your swkotor/movies folder.
Uninstallation: Delete the said file, or overwrite it with the file stored in the Backup folder inside the mod's folder.
Compatibility: Should be compatible with anything except other mods that potentially alter the leclogo.bik file.
BioWare, LucasArts, EA for creating the 'Game Series of the 21st Century'.
All modders are either active or inactive.
stoffe and Fair Strides for the TSLPatcher setup.
Jeff Roberts for the RAD Video Tools.
PC Replacement Voices (Kira, DS Jaesa, LS Jaesa)
AUTHOR: Sith Holocron
ORIGINAL RELEASE: 25 DEC 2018
GAMES: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 1. [This mod will not work in Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2. See Description for more details.]
RECOMMENDED ADDITIONAL MODS: "TOR Ports: Kira Carsen Female Player Head for K1", "TOR Ports: Jaesa Willsaam Female Player Head for K1" - both by @DarthParametric
This mod's creation was in response to a request by @Untold Prophecy so give him a shout on his request thread if you liked his idea.
A few notes: Not all of the lines will play as that's how the game is set up. However, I've filled out as many of the options that I showed in the female PC voice lines document that I could. This also enables you - the player - to go through the lines and decide which is the best one to use. Options, people! Who doesn't like options?
Some more notes: There are no Jaesa or Kira lines for some of the mine lines that I could find so I included blank files so you won't hear the original PC character's voice. I didn't replace the injury sounds either as it won't make a noticeable difference. (One scream is much like another, IMHO.) There were also a few where all three options use the same lines but as only one of those three play in game, you won't notice a difference. (It was easier copying one line to all three options than figuring out which one plays in game - which I can't do because my computer isn't working.)
Hopefully, I've found suitable lines for the PC various scenarios. You'll have to let me know in the review section below. (Details are better than just leaving stars, you see.) Feel free to link videos of the lines in use if your review. I would've done it myself but my computer has not been brought to repair shop yet.
This mod is only for Knights of the Old Republic 1. Knights of the Old Republic 2 - although it has the voice files for the male and female PC - that game doesn't have them activated, rendering the Exile mute. In order to use this mod in Knights of the Old Republic 2, you must install JC's Player Soundset Restoration for K2 in KotOR2 before this mod. That being said: As this mod is strictly designed for KotOR1 and not for KotOR2, any sounds that do not end of playing what you expected should not be reported to me.
There are three folders in the package: one for Kira Carsen, one for light side Jaesa Willsaam, and one for dark side Jaesa Willsaam. Choose one (and only one) of these soundsets and you can't use multiple soundsets for one character. Once you've made your choice, follow these instructions.
1) Move the original KotOR1 files that share the file names in this mod to a place you can find them. (I recommend a folder on your desktop.) Those files will be located in the "Streamsounds" folder where you have KotOR1 installed.
2) Extract the files from the 7z folder. Grab the new files from that extracted folder and put them in Streamsounds folder.
Note: If you're using the mod on Steam, this quote may prove helpful.
Remove the aforementioned contents from your Override folder.
All materials and copyrights belong to LucasArts, Bioware and Obsidian Entertainment Inc. I own none of the materials, and I'm not making any money out of this mod. It is to be distributed as-is without alteration, unless notified in writing of permission granted by me. This mod is not to be distributed for profit, either.
I hereby state that I specifically do NOT wish this mod to be uploaded to Steam Workshop. I may release this on NexusMods at a later date but I don't wish others to do so. Usage in other mods must be requested and approved by me in writing before your use.
@Untold Prophecy for the request idea.
By ebmarCustom 'Animated Revan' Legal Screen 1.1.1
A custom 'animated Revan' legal screen for KotOR in 1920x1080.
The animated Revan is not a work of mine, it is a .gif upload by Danny Russell. So all credits to him for doing the hard job!
What I do is some edits, convert, and blend the animation with the legal content I made so it can be utilized in-game.
This mod is very much inspired by VarsityPuppet's "New Legal Screens for KotOR and TSL 1.0".
Installation: Run the Installer [TSLPatcher.exe].
Uninstallation: Delete the said file, or overwrite with the file stored in the Backup folder inside the mod's folder [located at the same level as the 'tslpatchdata' folder].
Compatibility: Should be compatible with anything except other mods which potentially alter the Legal.bik file.
BioWare & LucasArts for the 'Game of the 21st Century'. Danny Russell. All modders either active or inactive. stoffe and Fair Strides for the TSLPatcher setup. Jeff Roberts for the RAD Video Tools.
This is a small file to replace the legal screen BIK file that comes with the Brotherhood of Shadows: Solomon's Revenge mod. This new movie is sized to 1920 by 1080 and is 10 seconds long. If you use it in a mod, all I ask for is a credit. Thanks.
Installation: Drop it in the Movies folder.
By Mellowtron11This is the Official 1.03 Patch for Knights of the Old Republic. I downloaded this from the Lucasarts website a long time ago before the original website went down back in the late 2000's. I didn't find it here on Deadly Stream, so I thought that I'd upload it.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic by BioWare - retail v1.03 patch
Installation: After downloading the update, double click on SWKotOR1_03.exe to
install. The installer will automatically search for the folder where you
originally installed Knights of the Old Republic and install all of the
updates. If the update does not locate Knights of the Old Republic on your
system, you may need to reinstall the game and then run the SWKotOR1_03.exe.
This update for the game has been modified to correct the following:
* Fixed a bug where the Walk key was not bindable.
* Added in detection for Soft Shadows support for ATI video cards based on the
supported driver version.
* Added the ability to map the Arrow keys for main game movement.
* Added a Walk option button; by default it is the B key. While holding down
the Walk button, your character will walk.
* Added support for 1280x1024 resolution.
* Added the ability to see all available party members character, ability, and
equip screens while on the Ebon Hawk or in the apartment.
* Added the ability to hide the game GUI when taking screenshots. Use the
following settings in your swkotor.ini in the "Game Options" section:
* The container GUI screen will no longer close everytime you click Give Item.
* Holding Shift when clicking Give Item or double-clicking the item to give
will transfer the entire stack, without shift it moves the items one at a time.
* Added in some extra error checking and logging for loading and saving save
games. If there is any problem, a file called "fileerror.log" is created.
* Made a fix to the Force Point Regeneration item property so it actually
regenerates Force points.
* Fixed an issue where in some rare cases, the player would be killed while on
* Fixed an issue with Dantooine Pazaak occasionally breaking Suvam Tan on
* The Sand Person disguise will no longer be reset when entering Anchorhead and
* Dead party members will no longer show up later in the game. What with them
being dead and all.
* Fixed the Hidden Bek Door (Security Station) to no longer display the
* Fixed a visual issue with Power Blast and using Dual Blasters where the
off-hand blaster wasn't firing.
* Fixed a problem which would cause dialogue to skip through without playing
* Fixed a problem where you would get stuck at a black screen after a game load
or an area transition.
* Fixed a problem where the screensaver could activate during the playback of a
* Put in a symptomatic fix for your character's attributes being reset to all
* Put in a symptomatic fix for party members getting stuck and not fighting.
* Put in a symptomatic fix for losing force points when going through area
transitions with Force Valor active.
* Removed the +2 bonus to the offhand attack when wielding a balanced weapon in
the offhand or when wielding a double bladed weapon.
* Removed the ability to bind controls to the "Alt" key. The "Alt" key was
never inteded to be a usable key in the first place.
* Fixed a rare crash bug when leaving the Ebon Hawk or the Apartments with
* Made some stability improvements.
* Added a check for the minimum graphics card driver version for ATI and NVIDIA
based video cards as stated in the Troubleshooting Guide. If you scan your
hardware and do not meet the minimum requirements for the game, you will be
prompted to launch your web browser to download the latest drivers.
* Fixed a minor bug in RAM detection where it was sometimes off by 1 or 2 MB.
* Added two new "swkotor.ini" sound options:
Environment Effects Nonstreaming=1
Environment Effects Streaming=1
NOTE: The Environment Effects Streaming=0 option was added to fix a problem
with sound pauses while playing the game with an Intel i845 or i850 chipset
motherboard and a 100 MHz Front Side Bus.
* Removed the awareness penalty when running
* Made a fix to the "Disable Vertex Buffer Objects" option in "swkotor.ini":
Disable Vertex Buffer Objects=1
* Made a fix to the Enable Hardware Mouse option when it is disabled. This
fixes a crash with certain ATI Radeon 9600 video cards.
* Made a fix to a display issue with Small Fonts.
* Made a fix to a gamma issue after movies finish playing.
* Removed the display of Force Points on portrait tool-tips for non-Jedi
* Fixed bug where some objects in the game would give a sticky mouse indicator
like they had an inventory when they did not.
* Fixed an issue where if you changed appearance while Force Speed was active
your movement rate would return to normal.
* Fixed an issue with droid animation when the item they were using ran out or
their target died.
* The turret mini-game should no longer have the blur visual effect if you
enter it with that visual effect turned on.
* The Security option no longer displays for doors which a key is required.
* Fixed a rare bug where the game could get stuck if an auto-pause was
triggered at the exact same time as an area transition.
* Fixed a rare crash that could happen when a Dark Jedi dies at the exact same
time as he deflected a blaster bolt.
* Fixed a rare crash on startup under Windows 98.
* Fixed a few memory leaks.
A VARSITYPUPPET MOD
- New Legal Screens for K1 and K2
This will change the Legal Screens that are shown when you start up the game. Just a way to mix it up a little.
-- Choose the variant from the folder you like, copy/paste Legal.bik into Movies
-- Choose the variant from the folder you like, copy/paste Legal.tga into Override
-- There is a backup folder with the original legal.bik (.mov if you're using mac)
-- Delete the file from override
- Due to the way I structured this mod, this should work with Concept Loading Screens and any loading screens added by TSLRCM or any expansion mods.
- Fred Tetra + KOTOR Tool
- HK-47 from John Gallagher
- Mandalorian Wars from Darren Tan
- Atris vs. Sion - Concept Art Gallery at GameBanshee http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotorii/conceptart.php
- Atris vs. Nihilus - Concept Art Gallery at GameBanshee http://www.gamebanshee.com/starwarskotorii/conceptart.php
- Peragus II by Trench
- Darth Sion Concept Art by Brian Menze
- Darth Revan - Corbin Hunter http://corbinhunter.deviantart.com/
- Darth Revan and Malak - Chris Trevas in Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- Darth Revan and Malak Sith Ship - Bioware, Republic promotional material
- Revan, Bastila, Star Forge collage - Bastila by Corbin Hunter, Revan mask from Sith Foundry, Star Forge by Travis Wright
- Ebon Hawk: Veltzu - Render from Foundation 3D http://www.foundation3d.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12923
- Mission vs Bastila - Master-Cyrus, Deviant Art: http://master-cyrus.deviantart.com/art/Mission-vs-Bastila-198581567