• Last Updated: Apr 11 2018 03:26 PM
  • File Size: 261.9KB
  • Views: 263
  • Downloads: 31
  • Approved by: milestails
  • Approved on: 14 April 2018 - 11:20 PM
  • K1R Compatible: Yes

Previous Versions

• 11 Apr 2018 Download Weapon Base Stats Re-balance (K1)

Download Weapon Base Stats Re-balance (K1)

- - - - -
Weapon Stats Balance Damage Criticals

Screenshots

In KotOR 1 there is a obvious balancing issue concerning weapons that is especially noticeable in the early game, ie: Taris. What is it? Ranged Weapons are utterly outclassed by melee wepons. Yes, i know a stun stick isn't more powerful than a heavy repeater but I'm addressing the general problem here - In almost all situations you'll be better off charging at an enemy using your vibroblade instead of firing a blaster rifle, even when it seems like using a blaster would be the best option. The developers at Obsidian noticed this and in KotOR 2 blasters are now a viable option as well.

So this mod changes the base stats of ranged weapons (damage, criticals etc.) to be like the ones on K2. But that's not all - I've also modified the lightsabers as well. Basically, ranged weapons and lightsabers will be statistically equal to their K2 counterparts; except for ion and sonic weaponry damage values, i've kept those unaltered purposely - It doesn't make sense that, for example, a disruptor and an ion pistol would do the same damage against an organic target.

So following that:

Blaster Pistols now do 1-8 damage instead of 1-6; Disruptors' critical threat range is now 18-20x2 instead of 20-20x2; Regular lightsabers now deal 2-20 damage instead of 2-16 etc...

I have included optional files to add massive criticals to Hold Out Blasters (like in K2)

Screenshots

Screenshots Screenshots

Other files you may be interested in ..

Random Files

17 user(s) are online (in the past 15 minutes)

1 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1), Google (1), KotOR2Player2005