Sith Holocron

Ebon Hawk model fix for areas displaying LEH_scre02 texture (both games)

The request where Sith Holocron asks for too much. Probably...

Inside the Ebon Hawk, there's a texture that gets repeated throughout the interior.  It's file name is "LEH_scre02" and if you've played the game, you've seen it everywhere.

hYbCi2c.png

LEH_scre02 (original size)

You may have seen Dark Hope's much larger version which was also bundled with one of my my packs. 

EvavV3r.png

LEH_scre02 (Dark Hope's version, but a static image that is not animated here)

You may have seen Dark Hope's much larger version which was also bundled with one of my texture packs. 

The problem are how the texture is applied in the Ebon Hawk - in both KotOR and TSL.  What I assume are "cutouts" of some kind to emphasize and de-emphasize lights appear on the texture wrecking the look of the these textures.  What I was hoping some kind soul would do is to create a model fix that would get rid of that effect in any area that displays this particular texture. As this issue is in both games - and the EH is different in each game - this issue would need a separate fix for KotOR and TSL.

Not sure I'll get any takers on this but it's worth a shot.

• Like 5

I can confirm that this does have issues in K1 with black boxes appearing around the pulsing lights.

Hoping to see a fix for it 🙂

I can supply some screenshots if need be.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

Those would be very helpful.  Thanks!

Okay, I greatly apologize for the extreme poor quality of this video. I have never used a screen recording software before and my daughter was too busy crying for me to figure out exactly how to use it. Apologies again but it shows the issue

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PapaZinos said:

I'll try and get a fix up for this within the next few days, this is just a model issue.

Thanks!  There's not too many areas in both of the Ebon Hawks to tackle this?

13 minutes ago, Sith Holocron said:

It's just a matter of deleting the animations and some small lighting adjustments for the geometry whose default state is the darker phase of the animation. I don't expect it to take so long.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, PapaZinos said:

It's just a matter of deleting the animations and some small lighting adjustments for the geometry whose default state is the darker phase of the animation. I don't expect it to take so long.

I'll look forward to your updates then. @Dark Hope, have you seen this thread?

This would be a much welcome correction! The panels in the Ebon Hawk have needed a good deal of love over time, so to see this corrected would be great!

Okay, I will be releasing v1.1 of Ultimate Ebon Hawk Model Repairs for TSL as soon as I hear back from staff on current technical issues with uploads. It will include an animations fix version to download that removes the blinking animation from the computer panels throughout the ship. Up next will be a fix for K1.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Salk said:

Hello, PapaZinos!

Will the K1 version be compatible with the K1 Community Patch? 

Yes, these will be compatible.

12 hours ago, ConansHair said:

I can offer an alternate version that adds the panel from the communications room to the cockpit for a compatible version.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, PapaZinos said:

I can offer an alternate version that adds the panel from the communications room to the cockpit for a compatible version.

I would use that too.

Thanks!

The animation fix for the K1 Ebon Hawk is now available here. I expanded the mod's scope to include the model fixes I made available to TSL. The "animation fix" version is the one to download for anyone looking for a solution to the issue reported in this thread. Either version of the mod will work natively alongside K1CP and Taris Escape Sequence Adjustments so long as it is installed after those.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, PapaZinos said:

The animation fix for the K1 Ebon Hawk is now available here. I expanded the mod's scope to include the model fixes I made available to TSL. The "animation fix" version is the one to download for anyone looking for a solution to the issue reported in this thread. Either version of the mod will work natively alongside K1CP and Taris Escape Sequence Adjustments so long as it is installed after those.

I'm assuming the following are the fixes requested mentioned in your read me.

-- Added UV fix to the small wall panel in navigation

-- Added UV fix to the main switchboard in the cockpit

Were the panels on the holoprojector fixed as well?

Those UV fixes are just general corrections to some texture applications, and are separate from the animation fixes. All of the relevant animations are fixed in all release versions of the animation fix mod. That includes the cockpit, navigation, main hold, and medical.

2 hours ago, PapaZinos said:

Would it be possible to have the panels on the sides/rear of the hyperdrive adjusted to display the awesome high res animated textures as well??

EDIT:NVM, that is a placeable texture...😕

2022-03-30 (4).png

2022-03-30 (3).png

2022-03-30 (5).png

57 minutes ago, ConansHair said:

Would it be possible to have the panels on the sides/rear of the hyperdrive adjusted to display the awesome high res animated textures as well??

EDIT:NVM, that is a placeable texture...😕

The placeable textures are named PLC_HyperSc01 and PLC_HyperSc02. There are some mods out there like this one (which was made for TSL but the .tga and .txi files work with K1) which provide upscaled alternatives to those textures. You could also copy a new version of the LEH_scre01 and LEH_scre02 in your override and rename them to PLC_HyperSc01 and PLC_HyperSc02, but I could not tell you how the UV mapping for that would look on the hyperdrive.

On 3/22/2022 at 12:47 AM, Sith Holocron said:

It's used on Dxun in Mandalore's Outpost.

Hex editing either of the area models to look for a duplicate texture would solve the issue. It's just a matter of deciding which one, and what they look like.

To replace the Ebon Hawk model's screens, you need to know what room .mdl of the Ebon Hawk's area uses the LEH_SCRE02 entry, and switch it to something like "L2H_SCRE02" and then make that .TGA and put it in override. Using the "Find" function in a hex editor to look for "LEH_SCRE02" and setting the search to look from "Begin" not "Cursor", and also make sure the search isn't set to "Case Sensitive".

Then, you have to take the default LEH_SCRE02.TGA and make it something generic

I was just wondering how many more models have similar issues in the K1 game if we just use the Ebon Hawk repairs as generic reference.

I know that the K1 CP fixes a number of geometry issues but I am quite sure there are plenty more that were never detected and addressed.

The Leviathan uses Ebon Hawk's window texture, on the floor in the hangar.

I know the Leviathan's Sith textures are found all over K1 like on Taris and Manann, for the Sith parts.

I don't remember, but I know K1's panels are LEH_SCRE02 in Mandalore's outpost, but the entire Dxun probably uses LEH_ textures as well although I don't believe the screen appears in the jungle.

Reskinning the Ebon Hawk will probably change bits of Dxun, Malachor, and the Leviathan if you change the windows. Hex editing or texture editing will create ways around this issue.

Fair Strides' ModHex program is really good at isolating Module resources, especially default modules.

LEH_Scre01 and LEH_Scre02 are the ones to focus on, LEH_Scre03 is the galaxy map image.

K1 overview video as promised. Don't worry - it's short.

BTW, any questions about other mods in this video should be asked on the video's page.  Please don't derail this thread's purpose.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1