ZM90

Official K1R Progress Thread

Alright! Can't wait to get this in my game after exams are over. Summer break is gonna have a lot of Kotor playing

I would advise everyone hold off on installing 1.2 until I get in touch with Fair Strides. There are apparently two files missing from the installer. I just got finished installing it and apparently NM26ACFIRI0299.mp3 and NM26ACFIRI0299.wav are missing from the installer.

I would advise everyone hold off on installing 1.2 until I get in touch with Fair Strides. There are apparently two files missing from the installer. I just got finished installing it and apparently NM26ACFIRI0299.mp3 and NM26ACFIRI0299.wav are missing from the installer.

I just uploaded a version that has those so all should be well now.  People are free to download the mod as they please.  It was basically just spliced dialog for Firith Me during the Sunry investigation that will play if you have already beaten the Pazaak Tournament.

Thanks ZM. FS is currently asleep I think, so it's good we had you available to take a look at this.

Yeah I sent my copy of the file to the recycle bin for a fresh reinstall of K1R but I still had it so I renamed it and placed it in the TSLpatch data.  

Odd thing to note but spliced dialog only seems to work in KotOR 1 if the name is 14 characters or less otherwise the audio just doesn't play.

Holy crap, that is a lot of bug fixes! Really happy to see the energy shield fixes being implemented in particular. I still have to ask about the Krayt Dragon though, as that was probably one of the biggest pieces of cut content I was looking forward to. Would you ever consider making a 1.3 where it is included, or is it just a no go at this point?

I have a Polish version of the game. That's why I have a question. Is it a multi-lang modification?

I will be making a secondary installer soon and it will indeed have a polish translation.

In that case, I can't wait.

I have one more question.

Should I expect more updates, or is it a fully playable version?

I know that this is not the final version, but I want to make sure that this modification is fully playable.

All versions released have been fully playable, albeit in roundabout ways at times due to bugs. But 1.2, from what I can see of the scant reports in the bugs thread, is almost bug-free and should be 100% playable. The only reported bug so far is a case where the subtitles didn't match the audio.

All versions released have been fully playable, albeit in roundabout ways at times due to bugs. But 1.2, from what I can see of the scant reports in the bugs thread, is almost bug-free and should be 100% playable. The only reported bug so far is a case where the subtitles didn't match the audio.

Please tell me you fixed the iriaz

Well, I updated my post with a few more bugs I found, but all were minor and didn't affect gameplay too much.

That's great. Then tell me, how much it is still in the game to restore (may be in percentage), and how long it might take?

That's great. Then tell me, how much it is still in the game to restore (may be in percentage), and how long it might take?

Everything that can be restored has been restored as far as I remember.  Anything that wasn't restored falls into 1 of 2 categories.

1. Contradicts the plot of the game and thus makes no sense to restore.

or

2. Can't be restored no matter what we do (custom content or no).

So the Krayt Dragon falls into one of those two categories? I do not mean to nag, but it was a piece of cut content that I was really bummed to see leave the vanilla game. I was really hoping it would be restored, but if animating it is just too much effort, then I will respect and understand the developers' views.

For me, this is good news, because now I'll just wait for the Polish translation and any possible updates, without worry about the fact that something will be added to the game and I have to start a new game to see it.

I still haven't got around to playing K1R after all this time even though I said I was going to.

That being said, I've seen and heard 1.2 was a success in squashing most of the nasty bugs that plagued the original release and that's awesome news.

My only hope now is that Aspyr updates Kotor 1 at some point on Steam like they did with Kotor 2 and offer K1R as an optional download via. Steam workshop.

Once can dream... right?

My only hope now is that Aspyr updates Kotor 1 at some point on Steam like they did with Kotor 2 and offer K1R as an optional download via. Steam workshop.

One man's hope is another's nightmare...

Also, we'd kind of have to agree to do that. TSLRCM had agreed to put itself on the Workshop.

One man's hope is another's nightmare...

Also, we'd kind of have to agree to do that. TSLRCM had agreed to put itself on the Workshop.

Quick reply - I'm impressed haha.

The Aspyr update, while not perfect, was pretty good IMHO. If you were asked to put K1R on the workshop: would you (and the team) be in favour of this?