Sign in to follow this  
Salk

Selphadur's KotOR Texture Redux

Hello!

I just thought about informing the local denizens of Deadlystream about a great modification that has recently been released which upscales through ESRGAN a huge number of in-game textures. A new version, according to the author is in the works and will add 750 more, making the upscaling practically apply to each single texture used in the game. I have tested the results myself and it's impressive.

Cheers!

• Like 2

Not seeing any before and after pictures on that page. If you've used it, perhaps you have some to share?

1 hour ago, Sith Holocron said:

Not seeing any before and after pictures on that page. If you've used it, perhaps you have some to share?

Before:

Aqual2.png.3f5f1db26549fea1a7327362b416d733.png

After:

Aqual.PNG.619254536989cce79947af5ec4a8b0e8.PNG

• Thanks 1

In the absence of higher-resolution textures, these are pretty good. They are a particular improvement for the random NPCs who seldom have any recent texture mods done for them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mutilator57 said:

In the absence of higher-resolution textures, these are pretty good. They are a particular improvement for the random NPCs who seldom have any recent texture mods done for them.

While I like the idea to preserve the original look by remastering the visuals it's - at least in my eyes - not enough anymore. Kotor is getting pretty old by today's standards and remaking textures is the only real option when you look at how detailed Dark Hope did those.

• Like 1