FF97

Different species for crime lords

Hello everyone,

I realized nearly every crime lord in TSL is a quarren. What about a mod that changes some of them into humans, twilek, trandoshans and other aliens? 

For example: Visquis could have the appearance of the cut character Dessicus.

It does seem kind of racist that three out of the four named Quarren are Exchange bosses. But would it be any better if they were changed to another alien species that already appears too much? There are only four named Quarren in the game as it is, four that I remember anyway.

Slusk is specifically described as a Quarren, so that doesn't work anyway. Also there is no unused appearance associated with Dessicus.

2 minutes ago, JCarter426 said:

It does seem kind of racist that three out of the four named Quarren are Exchange bosses

I think it's more of the classic "evil alien" stereotype which is used in many older Sci-Fi movies. Also, all the Quarren have the same appearance, which makes it a bit more strange. Btw,  there are also a few Quarren around at some bars playing pazaak.

5 minutes ago, JCarter426 said:

Also there is no unused appearance associated with Dessicus.

According to some videos on Youtube, it's a human man wearing the 'stabilizer mask' and some suit of armor.

Could change one to human, mon calamari, a third to a devaronian, keep one as quarren, have one as a cyborg (granted he or she would be human true) but that would break up the "evil alien overload" trend they insisted on for it. The fact that they went with having the player character as specifically human also seemed to fit that trend to. I'd have liked to have seen a falleen actually, in reference to Xizor, but I noticed that would be hard to do because of the spine ridges, and likely the claws to :( 

3 hours ago, NikaAlexandrov said:

Could change one to human, mon calamari, a third to a devaronian, keep one as quarren, have one as a cyborg (granted he or she would be human true) but that would break up the "evil alien overload" trend they insisted on for it. The fact that they went with having the player character as specifically human also seemed to fit that trend to. I'd have liked to have seen a falleen actually, in reference to Xizor, but I noticed that would be hard to do because of the spine ridges, and likely the claws to :( 

A Human would most likely require a custom VO, a devaronian is very doable, a Cyborg would require a custom reskin and a Falleen species would need to be modelled from scratch. Not to mention that some characters refer to the Quarren gangsters as "Squids", that would also need to be fixed.

I think giving the named Quarrens unique appearances would already be a big improvement. Maybe what is needed more are Quarrens in non-exhange-boss roles.

Who's the fourth named Quarren btw? Besides Slusk, Saquesh and Visquis ...

46 minutes ago, bead-v said:

I think giving the named Quarrens unique appearances would already be a big improvement. Maybe what is needed more are Quarrens in non-exhange-boss roles.

Who's the fourth named Quarren btw? Besides Slusk, Saquesh and Visquis ...

Qimtiq, but he's the Quarren swoop organiser on Onderon. As far as I'm aware, he's the fourth and last Quarren with a role in TSL.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

A Human would most likely require a custom VO, a devaronian is very doable, a Cyborg would require a custom reskin and a Falleen species would need to be modelled from scratch. Not to mention that some characters refer to the Quarren gangsters as "Squids", that would also need to be fixed.

Why not use juhani's build as a starting point for the falleen one? If you looked at Savan (Xizor's niece) she had some similarity, though there were differences it is true: but you'd have the top knot, and the eyes as well, would just be a matter of the clothing too, course could always use a cathar as well if you wanted to add more diversity, or an ubese as well, they do have the models for that as well.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/1/11/Savan_-_SWGTCG.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131008210435

• Like 2

A cathar or falleen one might be good idea, I''ve said again. Ditto a rattataki. With the Ventress/Kaliyo mod I'd recommend using a sultry voice. Possibly using say Kaliyo's, that way their balanced out as well.

4 hours ago, NikaAlexandrov said:

A cathar or falleen one might be good idea, I''ve said again. Ditto a rattataki. With the Ventress/Kaliyo mod I'd recommend using a sultry voice. Possibly using say Kaliyo's, that way their balanced out as well.

A Falleen might be kind of strange from a story perspective since they use strong pheremones to influence business dealings. Then again, that also might lend itself to more interesting character interactions further along the way.

• Dark Side Points 1

I would think, a falleen would be selfish and self centered. Xizor certainly was, the pheromones were just so one way he could seduce them. And that would be interesting as a falleen would be able to use the 'mones, were he was able to hold his own.

1 minute ago, NikaAlexandrov said:

I would think, a falleen would be selfish and self centered. Xizor certainly was, the pheromones were just so one way he could seduce them. And that would be interesting as a falleen would be able to use the 'mones, were he was able to hold his own.

I was just thinking of how hilarious it would be if someone said something like, "Man, Visquis is looking AMAZING today!".

• Haha 2

*grin* supposedly it's the head tendrils lol. Now as to Visquis, I could see a falleen using them in a subtle manner. Likely to get rid of Goto