Jorak Uln

Kotor 2 Movie Style Overhaul

Recommended Posts

I wasn't disagreeing with that. 

I was just saying, unless you're going to completely redo each games FMVs, you might want to stay to the look of the areas presented in said FMVs, for consistency. For example in the Telos opening FMV, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsESeX3StNE Because we see this area in the FMV, you might want to leave that area looking sort of as it does already, that's all. (:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NeverLooksBack said:

 Do you know when these textures might be available? I have loved the ones for Citadel Station, and Telos now for quite sometime.

Well thanks! This is indeed a good question.. and difficult to answer ^^ What i can say, is - its making surprisingly good progress in both quality and quantity, and using e.g. UHQ nature resources recently has helped a lot actually -  so, i already can see the finish, but its still some way to go.

On 4/2/2020 at 9:39 AM, Sam Fisher said:

I wasn't disagreeing with that. 

I was just saying, unless you're going to completely redo each games FMVs, you might want to stay to the look of the areas presented in said FMVs, for consistency. For example in the Telos opening FMV, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsESeX3StNE Because we see this area in the FMV, you might want to leave that area looking sort of as it does already, that's all. 🙂


I know what you mean.  But as Malkior said -especially K2 art design is not well thought and if i can achieve a better look- why not? Since those FMV only play for a few seconds anyway-  but keep in mind that the game play goes on for hours & hours and its better to have those 10 sec inconsistency instead of compromises in  overall visual quality .

That doesn't mean I don't try to make it as canon as possible, but I try to up the color variety whenever i can, every area should look unique after all:

Especially areas like Telos Military Base & Ravager look too generic in vanilla game, so I also changed the color scheme:

K2_00076_1.thumb.png.60a8eca5cd6c7d334f00209cb53713c0.png

K2_00072_1.thumb.png.d3910937c91191b099526003ef3b23b3.png

K2_00083_1.thumb.png.fee690fcd8db4d6c5ab41a26244a46d5.png

K2_00084_1.thumb.png.e85748f6a2665b2413ce185cf82499f9.png

Bare steel visible on the edges when turning the camera 

K2_00085_1.thumb.png.072548a8f1efd8c247edb17f6d2c2777.png

K2_00086_1.thumb.png.ce4963ae2325ca7a053ec8fe6a29af60.png

Countless improvements have been made for Dantooine, including 8k rock textures:

K2_00071_1.thumb.png.fc5534feed8bee2e14a90f60c8e7f8e9.png

K2_00074_1.thumb.png.5aa6f5730cc49c6e99378af488527138.png

WIP skybox:

K2_00087_1.thumb.png.0194d6a25a8e2b9e648a2ee1e35cef81.png

K2_00077_1.thumb.png.cc258a0d44b2c394ba7f40a987a8be86.png

Animated brushed aluminum panels when turning cam:

K2_00069_1.thumb.png.3499be7d9a71b28dfc80ee860c33a984.png

K2_00070_1.thumb.png.f456c7e66f5472639daf1c7c6821e80e.png

Ultra-realistic 8K grass texture:

K2_00067_1.thumb.png.870f148895891bfe0a4ac958d34da1bf.png

You can see the sand grain in game:

K2_00080_1.thumb.png.743fc3e814804038b553f2feda5d9fdd.png

New marble & windows for Onderon, shimmering in sunlight:

K2_00062_1.thumb.png.557a297cd043a2fc71774950a32b7bdf.png

K2_00066_1.thumb.png.7c597ce40c8a2fb57647d14cb96a0226.png

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Light Side Points 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hm, are those dark side points suppose to be bad? I  wonder for what i deserve them...

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jorak Uln said:

hm, are those dark side points suppose to be bad? I  wonder for what i deserve them...

Do the dark side points have a negative to them? Because I just thought the darkside points could mean how sick these textures look! 😎😂 

Edited by NeverLooksBack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, NeverLooksBack said:

Do the dark side points have a negative to them? Because I just thought the darkside points could mean how sick these textures look! 😎😂 

Nah, i dont think this is the usual reaction of approval, thats why i asked.
Do you know what i think? 
The DS points were regarding your question about the release date!
And as we both know, for obvious reasons its impossible to determine one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That wood texture for the Khoonda interior, just..

8FC9C210-CB60-473B-9DE1-03EA0224E2F6.jpeg.3d91fa7b356c54ca7c70b170c66d08bd.jpeg

Edited by Stormie97
meant interior instead of exterior

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Jorak Uln said:

Nah, i dont think this is the usual reaction of approval, thats why i asked.
Do you know what i think? 
The DS points were regarding your question about the release date!
And as we both know, for obvious reasons its impossible to determine one.

Nah, I'm just really excited for these textures! I didn't think some of these emojis had a negative to them. But with all sincerity, I have change the emoji. 

I know how much time you guys put into these mods. I helped some friends back in the day, and I appreciate everything you do! It's not easy, and people can be jerks when it comes to asking people to rush things. If you ever have seen Sith Holocron's quote it says that those who care about a release date, don't really care about the quality. Haha!

I wish you every bit of the best! If you ever need someone to do tedious work when it comes to these textures or mods. I would always be happy to help! 🙂

 

Edited by NeverLooksBack
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, NeverLooksBack said:

Nah, I'm just really excited for these textures! I didn't think some of these emojis had a negative to them. But with all sincerity, I have change the emoji. 

I know how much time you guys put into these mods. I helped some friends back in the day, and I appreciate everything you do! It's not easy, and people can be jerks when it comes to asking people to rush things. If you ever have seen Sith Holocron's quote it says that those who care about a release date, don't really care about the quality. Haha!

I wish you every bit of the best! If you ever need some to do tedious work when it comes to these textures or mods. I would always be happy to help! 🙂

 

I didnt mean to be harsh either - you know, there always will be a few jerks around who only think about themselves and nothing else. To be honest, i dont care about any light or darkside points but just for being respectful, honest and appreciative with each other. 

So dont worry too much about it 😀  You're always welcome to help me out and im glad if you have any ideas, suggestions for feedback!

  • Thanks 1
  • Light Side Points 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jorak Uln said:

I didnt mean to be harsh either - you know, there always will be a few jerks around who only think about themselves and nothing else. To be honest, i dont care about any light or darkside points but just for being respectful, honest and appreciative with each other. 

So dont worry too much about it 😀  You're always welcome to help me out and im glad if you have any ideas, suggestions for feedback!

If you have a list, and instructions then I would love to start! 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2020 at 12:26 AM, Jorak Uln said:
4 hours ago, NeverLooksBack said:

If you have a list, and instructions then I would love to start! 😎

 

 

On 4/4/2020 at 12:26 AM, Jorak Uln said:

I've been looking at these two pictures, and well. Do you have more of Telos Military Base? 

Quote

K2_00070_1.thumb.png.f456c7e66f5472639daf1c7c6821e80e.png

And also, this banner that is red, and blue. I have seen as I've played Kotor 2 multiple times, but I'm not a big fan of it, because you have these really nice looking textures that are tan, and black, and brown on the floor, and the machines. And then there is this ugly banner that is Bright Ugly Red, and just a weird blue mixture. 

If it was a possibility- I would changed the blue to a gold color to signify the republic color, and change the white to a black color, if that's what the intention was to have a symbol of the Republic. 

Otherwise, the banner is really ugly, and from what I know that's the only place I have seen it, and it doesn't smybolize much at all 🙈

Your other textures that you post look gorgeous from Korriban to Telos' Surface to Onderon. I really dig the blaster fire on the walls, and the royal look to it. 

Brilliant job, Mate!!

 

Edited by NeverLooksBack
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like these looks! A somewhat radical departure, but in the spirit of the originals and the gameplay vibe.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, NeverLooksBack said:

If you have a list, and instructions then I would love to start! 😎

Sounds lovely -i'll get back to you in a couple days. What i could think of for example, is that we implement some of those  animated panels for the Hawk  (they need to be drawn by a special software but later more)

http://www.blindltd.com/the-rise-of-skywalker

About the military base, currently- its definitely a weak point of the project especially the walls need some treatment:

K2_00090_1.thumb.png.1515e7d8b458b0863f394c277bcf2983.png

K2_00091_1.thumb.png.1a600d6416c4acdf7053f53ccdb3602a.png

K2_00092_1.thumb.png.b28952954ca4bb884411677b03630415.png

i will change the computer panel on the door to something more appropriate later: 

K2_00093_1.thumb.png.f24eb0c1decafa89094aab08fb046be1.png

Nice catch about the flag btw, havent thought about it.  I tried to get a golden/black color scheme  but it looks like vanilla: 

K2_00085_1.thumb.png.139c575e2cb92ba2fde4d2ce1728df68.png

K2_00086_1.thumb.png.a725f28a0fa0a7ebf18a6c815f083e39.png

so heres another try soften the colors a bit and adding a republic symbol:

K2_00087_1.thumb.png.092212cd11c86aeb6797df6de5f52b12.png

K2_00089_1.thumb.png.1fadd359507d4109330a8568849a3488.png

K2_00088_1.thumb.png.b47fc2d9c53211bd3e1d6302e9f7ed96.pngs

 

 

 

1 hour ago, Zhaboka said:

Like these looks! A somewhat radical departure, but in the spirit of the originals and the gameplay vibe.

Yeah. Like in modern games, you cannot make every area of a huge world just look more/ less the same - like Citadel Station, Mil. Base & Secret Academy being basically identical in art design. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jorak Uln said:

K2_00087_1.thumb.png.092212cd11c86aeb6797df6de5f52b12.png

K2_00089_1.thumb.png.1fadd359507d4109330a8568849a3488.png

K2_00088_1.thumb.png.b47fc2d9c53211bd3e1d6302e9f7ed96.pngs

 

@Jorak Uln These Textures are goregous! I love it! I feel like I am in a place that is trying to rebuild clinging on to the last hopes of the republic's protection. 

The Red Flag just really doesn't do anything justice. Also, the Blue effect on the telos miltary based seem like they are just a little too much.  

K2_00076_1.thumb.png.60a8eca5cd6c7d334f00209cb53713c0.png

I don't think i's a bad thing tho.. I don't know what do you think?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I may chime in about the flag. I don't think it's actually the design that's the issue but the fabric texture. A hanging flag would never fold that way as it looks more like a slightly crumpled bedsheet or something but definetly not like something hanging on a wall. And the logo isn't following the folds either so that looks pasted on and thus further increases the unrealistic look.

Many of your other screenshots look amazing though. I especially like Onderon. Great job on that one.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/6/2020 at 2:58 AM, NeverLooksBack said:

@Jorak Uln These Textures are goregous! I love it! I feel like I am in a place that is trying to rebuild clinging on to the last hopes of the republic's protection. 

The Red Flag just really doesn't do anything justice. Also, the Blue effect on the telos miltary based seem like they are just a little too much.  

I don't think i's a bad thing tho.. I don't know what do you think?

 

Glad you like it! Dantooine just has that special atmosphere, especially the first game! 

The Flag is, as @Kexikus said, quite a difficult one, because its cut into 3 pieces each with only 1 tex assigned, and also im struggling to get the logo properly distorted; anyway, here is another iteration: 

K2_00113_1.thumb.png.e8ad346743491a176fa9bb539f52f96a.png

K2_00112_1.thumb.png.7ccde8ed89ddfcd949b1b6037b57af48.png

K2_00114_1.thumb.png.86d6592765d7304b81d255347fde5f1a.png

K2_00123_1.thumb.png.7bf5255f9d5fdccc557b581d1ade434f.png

K2_00122_1.thumb.png.b2d0cba558c23806ec37134b5cc7cbf2.png

 

Made some changes to the Military Base, including some highres Concrete/ walls & getting rid of the blue tint, actually im quite happy how it turned out:

K2_00115_1.thumb.png.ec757a086afb1d60fa9b246308079038.png

K2_00116_1.thumb.png.75d2e256a7a9eda748157cdb30ee991f.png

K2_00117_1.thumb.png.651d0a66d0e0ab2501330236a985d6eb.png

K2_00119_1.thumb.png.a6348a6d86d3a99bf70b2a329c431f07.png

K2_00120_1.thumb.png.422e6eb67c1bbbe7060d85b9eb173db2.png

K2_00118_1.png

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

by when do you think you will have finished this fantastic job? Are you planning a beta before the full job? Thank you very much for this incredible work and I look forward to it.

Edited by TyranoParker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Jorak Uln   I like how you did the flag in Dantoonie. I love the Telos Military Base! The Red is a nice change. 

K2_00117_1.thumb.png.651d0a66d0e0ab2501330236a985d6eb.png

This look to the Military base makes me feel like I am in a true military base. 

It's cheesy I know, but Kotor 2 has always been a dark game. Kind of a soft horror game 😆. It's nice to see the grime on the vents. Most of Kotor 2 maps are pretty scary. Peragus is infiltrated by a serial-killer droid. Telos is a world destroyed by a bombardment from the Republic Defectors/ The Sith, and a station controlled by the Criminal Organizations than the TSF. Nar Shaada, a slime pit, and ruled by Criminal Organizations. Dantoonie, a graveyard for many people, is a tomb for both Jedi, and Settlers, where the only people now are settlers, scavengers, or mercenaries. Onderon is a war torn world, and the people will kill you for the leader they want. Korriban doesn't really need to be explained. Malachor is a horror- world- destroyed place of the Sith, and the graveyard of the Mandalorian Wars.

So I have always thought that Kotor could be more darker, if you know what I mean. 

Like I said, I love your attention to detail. @Jorak Uln Seeing the dirt and grime, where you would expected to see things like that brings a wonderful sense of immersion! 

Edited by NeverLooksBack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, TyranoParker said:

by when do you think you will have finished this fantastic job? Are you planning a beta before the full job? Thank you very much for this incredible work and I look forward to it.

 No, i wont release a beta, it will be the complete package  when its done.

38 minutes ago, NeverLooksBack said:

@Jorak Uln   I like how you did the flag in Dantoonie. I love the Telos Military Base! The Red is a nice change. 

K2_00117_1.thumb.png.651d0a66d0e0ab2501330236a985d6eb.png

This look to the Military base makes me feel like I am in a true military base. 

It's cheesy I know, but Kotor 2 has always been a dark game. Kind of a soft horror game 😆. It's nice to see the grime on the vents. Most of Kotor 2 maps are pretty scary. Peragus is infiltrated by a serial-killer droid. Telos is a world destroyed by a bombardment from the Republic Defectors/ The Sith, and a station controlled by the Criminal Organizations than the TSF. Nar Shaada, a slime pit, and ruled by Criminal Organizations. Dantoonie, a graveyard for many people, is a tomb for both Jedi, and Settlers, where the only people now are settlers, scavengers, or mercenaries. Onderon is a war torn world, and the people will kill you for the leader they want. Korriban doesn't really need to be explained. Malachor is a horror- world- destroyed place of the Sith, and the graveyard of the Mandalorian Wars.

So I have always thought that Kotor could be more darker, if you know what I mean. 

Like I said, I love your attention to detail. @Jorak Uln Seeing the dirt and grime, where you would expected to see things like that brings a wonderful sense of immersion! 

Yes that haunting atmosphere suits the SW Universe. The first game had its moments, no doubt but some dialogues were just childish while the second one feels more mature and better written in general.

Do you know Control by chance? Great game - really crazy sometimes, but in a good way 😀 Something in between X-Files and Mass Effect. It also has that "soft horror" element which i really like, it makes the overall gameplay feeling much more intense. 

Edit:  I hope your offer helping me out still stands btw, would be really awesome !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Jorak Uln said:

Edit:  I hope your offer helping me out still stands btw, would be really awesome !

@Jorak UlnStill stands😎!

Edited by NeverLooksBack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely superb work. The only option's then obviously redoing the FMVs to fit your new look, but I don't know if that's possible. 

Speaking of visual consistency, what about other aspects of the games that now don't match your spectacular texture work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sam Fisher said:

Absolutely superb work. The only option's then obviously redoing the FMVs to fit your new look, but I don't know if that's possible. 

Speaking of visual consistency, what about other aspects of the games that now don't match your spectacular texture work?

Thanks.  Well, theroretically it should be possible to edit the FMVs though.

What other aspects exactly? Visually, i try to cover at least some basic things like computer panels, Ebon Hawk model, and also those dialogue windows when you open workbench & consoles.

In general, what i cant do, but Kotor  would really need: 

are features  like new cinematic camera angles during dialogues, or slo-mo finishing cutscenes during fights e.g. on critical hits etc. 

(Probably you could request some of those?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm loving the textures except for one: that flag.  I disagree with changing it either in colors or my adding symbols to it.  That flag may "pop" too much when compared to other textures in the rooms it is displayed in but flags are not designed to color coordinate with a room.  If there's one in a room, it's designed to draw attention to it.  And I personally don't think the Republic symbol belongs on it.

But I'm loving everything else!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't think that stuff is all necessary, personally, I think a genuine sense of immersion would be benefitted by a NPC Overhaul that makes it so no human NPC (in either game) is identical, or uses potential player faces. Unless you want to pretend some unnamed characters performed by the same VA in K1 and then K2 are the one character. (And then of course you could model a couple heads to have masks permanently on for a group of thugs, such as the Serreco group, and have a hooded male and female model covering most of their faces in shadow, for places like Onderon with masses of identical human NPCs)

I do think though the camera can be rather goofy at times, but on the whole I think it's alright, it's more a case of changing it in places where it clips through characters. 

And I think TSL could do with a complete rebalance in particular, the game is laughably easy, with a level cap that's never reachable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sam Fisher said:

And I think TSL could do with a complete rebalance in particular, the game is laughably easy, with a level cap that's never reachable. 

Thats true. Ive thought about it - do you know the super enhanced mod btw?

It makes the game fast paced & much more intense - i remember being 1 shotted by the first droid encounter at Peragus back in the day.  I think with a few adjustments e.g. setting blasterbolt deflection to 0 without lightsaber  and combining by disabling the saving option (only autosaving at certain points) it would be very cool indeed.

2 hours ago, Sith Holocron said:

I'm loving the textures except for one: that flag.  I disagree with changing it either in colors or my adding symbols to it.  That flag may "pop" too much when compared to other textures in the rooms it is displayed in but flags are not designed to color coordinate with a room.  If there's one in a room, it's designed to draw attention to it.  And I personally don't think the Republic symbol belongs on it.

But I'm loving everything else!

well the flag is a bit polarizing, true - but for now i did what i could so there other things that need to be finished as well. Btw, what do you guys think of making the Polar Academy with real iced walls?

To enhance the feel like traveling through different climatic zones of Telos?

K2_00114_1.thumb.png.1dceca1d4e3d4befea1ee8520d8aa590.pngK2_00115_1.thumb.png.5c51bbd9f9c9e812c64bda547e1cc0e7.png

K2_00112_1.thumb.png.f5e83693b779ee2a3cc65ab4b0088e9a.png

 

SW electronics always have those lights to indicate operational readiness:  

K2_00113_1.thumb.png.c253cff89d8363409c04a1c97668c167.png

K2_00116_1.thumb.png.839775ec2ac1920a34c1b4ffff30b2c2.png

"iced" ground/walls with slight reflections:

K2_00117_1.thumb.png.7f54571242197db565fdbb5f076dfe5e.png

K2_00118_1.thumb.png.76c84fd3092283a3b51a55e07ae49b1c.png

K2_00120_1.thumb.png.665f4059fc49158628e85b720707fa98.png

K2_00121_1.thumb.png.73d0bf5b0d73e90ff31d73ab31fbf951.png

new doors with frozen wire parts (display panel = placeholder, needs attention though)

K2_00119_1.thumb.png.197e6d6792f39708033d1c7e6122362f.png

For Dantooine, created new ground tex & muddy sinkholes:

K2_00122_1.thumb.png.27f126033b2516a4f7da0b9ae855b56c.png

K2_00123_1.thumb.png.eb3e6690277e453bfffaee7051a76077.png

K2_00124_1.thumb.png.2ca38beea75446c0ace4d38c67c82190.png

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.