ebmar

MOD:[K1] Selven "Legends"

[K1] Selven "Legends"

1232858116_SELVENLEGENDSMerged-resized.png.55bda62db4e745d3a5547f6891e41bf2.png

This mod presents you an overhauled version of Selven; a human high-profile assassin who became infamous for her extermination of the Ulgo family on Taris and tons of other assassination attempts.

# Background #

"Now you'll see why I'm the most dangerous assassin on Taris".

Spoiler-alert!:

Spoiler

A line that will make most KotORians be like "Really? Hmm... let's see what you've got then, Selven!"- and less than 20 seconds later, feels like nothing is really happening then #truestory.

Bugged with the fact that Selven could possibly be beaten in less than 20 seconds with under-leveled PC and companions, along with her looks that just too ordinary point to the fact that she was a high-profile assassin who became infamous for extermination of the Ulgo family on Taris and tons of other assassination attempts; the project was started then.

# About this Mod #

• Changes to both the head and body texture so now Selven is more Selven. [Updated in 1.3]
  • Selven's much harder to fight. She was now designed to be encountered with high level PCs; more likely with Bastila in the party. [Updated in 1.3]
  • Some tweaks to the voice to fit her new personality.
  • Selven got a new pair of blaster and blade. They were described as SS-SL7 Rapid Blaster and DM-SL7 Vibroblade. [Updated in 1.3]
  • Some new stuffs in her inventory also; which some are proven to be valuable loots- if, she has been defeated. [Updated in 1.3 - 'Selven's "Vanilla" Difficulty and Inventory' patch included]

# Final Remarks #

Critiques, comments, suggestions, questions and any feedbacks for the next update are very much appreciated- PM me at deadlystream.com [ebmar] or just write a public message on my feed. And thank you! for downloading, and playing this mod.

Hope you enjoy the mod as much as I do!

Installation: Run the installer [TSLPatcher.exe]. [Updated in 1.3]

Uninstallation: Remove tar03_selven031.utc from the 'Override' folder. As to uninstall only the new voices, you can overwrite them again by choosing the option "Optional: Selven's Vanilla Voices" from the installer directory. [Updated in 1.3]

Compatibility: Will not compatible with T7nowhere's "Weapons of the Old Republic" and any other mods that changes the value nor conflicted with tar03_selven031.utc. If you want to ensure this mod to work properly, install this mod after T7's "WotOR" and/or all other mods has. This mod is 100% compatible with Sithspecter's "High Quality Blasters" and DeadMan's "[K1] Vibrosword Replacement Pack", as the textures and models inside this mod are using different variations from the said mods. [Updated in 1.3]

RedistributionDo not redistribute this mod or re-release it on any website at all. If you're planning to re-use the assets from this mod- please, ask me for permission first. Most likely it will be granted. More importantly, give credits to Sithspecter and DeadMan, as SS provides us the blaster's resource and DM actually asking on his mod's page to only give him credits for using the blade's assets. And if you're planning to re-use the blade assets to a mod that you're going to release on Steam Workshop, it seems a permission would not be granted; referring to DM's wishes on the mod's page. While for others, a bit of credits to my name is always a welcome, welcome. :cheers: [Updated in 1.3]

Credits: [Updated in 1.3]

• DarthParametric for literally everything. This mod would not be possible without DP's hands-on approach. And with later development of this mod, I've been using DP's "addheader.bat" to re-compressed the .WAV files which tools have been proven very useful.
  • Sithspecter for "High Quality Blasters: Modder's Resource".
  • DeadMan for "[K1] Vibrosword Replacement Pack".
  • A Future Pilot for the assistance with new entries of the blaster and the blade. If you find the new descriptions are somewhat interesting, they are AFP's work there.
  • N-DReW25 and JustABitAgroed for their input to the updated .utc's inventory and some advices regarding to the attribution of both the blaster and the blade.
  • Salk for the input to include the optional 'Selven's "Vanilla" Difficulty and Inventory' patch.
  • Sith Holocron, UnusualCharacters and CarthOnasty for advices and discussions which having great influence on the creative process of this mod.
  • BioWare & LucasArts for the 'Game of the 21st Century'.
  • All streamers on DeadlyStream which indirectly involved on this project that I couldn't possibly mentioned one by one.
  • All modders either active or inactive.
  • bead-v and ndix UR for the MDLedit.
  • Fred Tetra for the KotOR Tool.
  • stoffe and Fair Strides for the TSLPatcher setup.
  • DeadlyStream for a place to hangout and to discuss.

-eb

:cheers:

1.3 Preview [featuring A Future Pilot's "K1 Lite Upgrader"].

Spoiler

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/09/2018
  • Category
  • K1R Compatible
    Yes

On 7/10/2018 at 10:30 AM, N-DReW25 said:

What are the stats of the new weapon?

For the blaster [SS-SL7 Rapid Blaster]:

Spoiler

1537176324_SS-SL7RapidBlasterStats.PNG.4fb1cd728b53a37d936c6db5b012e224.PNG

And for the sword [DM-SL7 Vibrosword]:

Spoiler

1226717178_DM-SL7VibroswordStats.PNG.1f28fe3d77e05dfa597fd9c294e049ec.PNG

Feel free to leave feedbacks with anything; specifically the attribution of these items. I'll be needing those- many thanks then! :cheers:

Edited by ebmar
Attached stats set as hidden contents.

On 7/10/2018 at 2:07 PM, ebmar said:

For the blaster [SS-SL7 Rapid Blaster]:

1537176324_SS-SL7RapidBlasterStats.PNG.4fb1cd728b53a37d936c6db5b012e224.PNG

And for the sword [DM-SL7 Vibrosword]:

1226717178_DM-SL7VibroswordStats.PNG.1f28fe3d77e05dfa597fd9c294e049ec.PNG

Feel free to leave feedbacks with anything; specifically the attribution of these items. I'll be needing those- many thanks then! :cheers:

I have a bit of a concern about the stats. Now I may be wrong but from what I have heard Bludgeoning, Piercing and Slashing may "not exist" in a way, they might be left over resources from an older Bioware game. I know in K2 the Zabrak Vibroblade had 2 piercing damage but "piercing" didn't exist thus didn't work so in TSLRCM it was swapped for "unstoppable" damage. Regardless, I still think those are a bit overpowered. Perhaps if you used those weapons on your main character you should test how strong they actually are in a fight. If it makes fights very easy that is a problem.

I approve of the Stealth Field Generator, Nerve Implant, Scope and Neural Gear loot but I think that belt is too overpowered for Taris (It adds Dexterity +2 and Saves All +4, it is also found on Mika Durins inventory after the Leviathan very far from the Taris section of the game). Perhaps remove this belt from her droppable loot (Keep it on her for balance but don't drop it) because overpowered items aside isn't she wearing a Stealth Field Generator.

Last thing, that looks like a player head model so why not have her wear the neural bands and have it display on her head?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

I have a bit of a concern about the stats. Now I may be wrong but from what I have heard Bludgeoning, Piercing and Slashing may "not exist" in a way, they might be left over resources from an older Bioware game. I know in K2 the Zabrak Vibroblade had 2 piercing damage but "piercing" didn't exist thus didn't work so in TSLRCM it was swapped for "unstoppable" damage. Regardless, I still think those are a bit overpowered. Perhaps if you used those weapons on your main character you should test how strong they actually are in a fight. If it makes fights very easy that is a problem.

Nice! Appreciate the input- many thanks! It seems I'm going to tweak the stats again and having it fixed in the next update using your recommendation as the benchmark. We'll see, as this stats was given referred to the plot that this Selven was designed to be encountered after all side-quests on Taris has been done; before the PC is going with Canderous to get the Ebon Hawk on Davik's Estate, that is the time in particular.

I approve of the Stealth Field Generator, Nerve Implant, Scope and Neural Gear loot but I think that belt is too overpowered for Taris (It adds Dexterity +2 and Saves All +4, it is also found on Mika Durins inventory after the Leviathan very far from the Taris section of the game). Perhaps remove this belt from her droppable loot (Keep it on her for balance but don't drop it) because overpowered items aside isn't she wearing a Stealth Field Generator.

Thanks for the approval! And again, I'm considering your recommendation. Actually, the belt was intended as a "reward" from beating Selven. As the now Selven is much harder to fight, I thought it'd be nice to prize the player after beating her with something efficient, especially on this stage of the game. And for the equipped Stealth Field Generator; it was for immersion purpose- referring to her being always able to elude the authorities, in spite of the level of security stacked against.

Last thing, that looks like a player head model so why not have her wear the neural bands and have it display on her head?

Yes, having her not wearing the Neural Bands was intended too- and it's for appearance reason. There is a plan in future updates to have the Neural Bands looted from the footlocker inside her apartment, instead of her remains- along with some stuffs that I'm not 100% sure of.

I just tried out the mod and I really like it! I do have a few suggestions though:

1. I think the blade is somewhat overpowered as an item for the player. The stats are fine when she fights you, but as a receivable item it’s significantly stronger than anything else on Taris. I don’t think that’s necessarily a problem, as fighting her will probably be one of the last things you do now that she’s stronger, but I think it’s too strong. I’d recommend making it not upgradable, and possibly reducing the base damage as well. The blaster may need to be reduced as well, but I haven’t really checked it out much yet.

2. I think the blade and sword should be renamed to “Selven’s Vibroblade” and “Selven’s blaster pistol” to make it fit in better with vanilla item names.

3. There are some misspellings in the descriptions of the items. I’d be happy to rewrite them for you if you’d like :)

4. There are a couple lines in her dialog that sound kind of artificial because of the effects you applied.

I want you to know I think overall you did a fantastic job (I LOVE the new look and difficulty!!), and these critiques are just my opinions, and not to put down what you did at all :)

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, A Future Pilot said:

I just tried out the mod and I really like it! I do have a few suggestions though:

Many thanks, AFP! Appreciate it- go on then, as I'm all ears :cheers:

1. I think the blade is somewhat overpowered as an item for the player. The stats are fine when she fights you, but as a receivable item it’s significantly stronger than anything else on Taris. I don’t think that’s necessarily a problem, as fighting her will probably be one of the last things you do now that she’s stronger, but I think it’s too strong. I’d recommend making it not upgradable, and possibly reducing the base damage as well. The blaster may need to be reduced as well, but I haven’t really checked it out much yet.

Yes! Thanks for the suggestion! The idea of having the sword to be non-upgradable is awesome- I get the picture, and I like it! Have it noted to be applied for the next update. And yes, reducing the base damage could be a possibility too, I'll take a visit to the .uti soon.

2. I think the blade and sword should be renamed to “Selven’s Vibroblade” and “Selven’s blaster pistol” to make it fit in better with vanilla item names.

Actually, having the blaster named as "SS-SL7 Rapid Blaster" and the sword as "DM-SL7 Vibrosword" was just an idea to honor the designer of the base texture and the base modeler of both the blaster and the sword; SithSpecter and DeadMan. As putting the SL7 there was just an alias for them being customs. I'll consider this :cheers:

Oh, in fact on Wiki stated that she carrying a Vibrosword, and then I'm using that as the guidance. I actually kind of forgot when in vanilla gameplay, which one is she carrying; a blade or a sword. 😅

3. There are some misspellings in the descriptions of the items. I’d be happy to rewrite them for you if you’d like :)

Be my guest! So, here are them .utis to ease things up hopefully 😊:

4. There are a couple lines in her dialog that sound kind of artificial because of the effects you applied.

Yes, that's because of her voice being pitched down. Strange though I did not apply any filters or using multi layers for the voice there; it was all natural result. Unfortunately I can't fix that "glitch". Did you happen to know what's causing the problem? As it seems I'm still going with the new voices, as I believe they suits the now her better. Thanks for pointing that out AFP!

I want you to know I think overall you did a fantastic job (I LOVE the new look and difficulty!!), and these critiques are just my opinions, and not to put down what you did at all :)

Many thanks again! I am so happy to hear that. I take that all in both the LOVE and the critiques- and very much appreciated! :respect:

Alrighty! I rewrote the descriptions (including a couple slight modifications...let me know what you think!). I also adjusted the properties to remove the upgradeable options, as well as adjust the power.

The new stats are:
Vibrosword: Damage 1-10 (default), Damage Bonus +3 Slashing, Attack Modifier +1. This makes it the best single-bladed weapon on Taris, while still being less powerful than the Echani Vibroblade and Sanasiki's Blade which you find later.

Pistol: Damage 1-8 (default), Damage Bonus +1 Energy, Damage Bonus +1 Bludgeoning, Attack Modifier +3. This makes it the best pistol on Taris, but it does less damage than the Zybrak Tystel Mark 3 (although it does have +1 more attack modifier), and not as good as the Mandalorian Heavy Pistol, or Cassus Fett's Heavy Pistol.

I hope it's to your liking (but if it's not, it's all good! lol) :)

EDIT: I realized I was using the non-upgraded versions of the Taris weapons as a comparison. After checking the upgraded versions, I would change the attack modifier of the vibrosword to +3 instead of +1, and the Energy Damage Bonus of the pistol to +2 instead of +1.

sl7_rapidblaster.uti

sl7_vibrosword.uti

• Light Side Points 1

1 hour ago, A Future Pilot said:

Alrighty! I rewrote the descriptions (including a couple slight modifications...let me know what you think!). I also adjusted the properties to remove the upgradeable options, as well as adjust the power.

Nice! I like those change with the modifications and the descriptions- they all are well written, thanks! :cheers:

As now the vibrosword officially becomes vibroblade, some values was replaced in the description to add to your added points. Noticeably with removing the "Special: Upgradeable, Melee" line, and fix some mentioning of sword instead of blade. As for the blaster, the "Special: Upgradeable, Ranged" line is also removed now.

Vibrosword: Damage 1-10 (default), Damage Bonus +3 Slashing, Attack Modifier +1. This makes it the best single-bladed weapon on Taris, while still being less powerful than the Echani Vibroblade and Sanasiki's Blade which you find later.

I keep your change untouched, but I decided to give one enhancement to it; "Energy damage bonus vs Droid with 1d4 of value". I want to make it sensible as there is an energy field on the blade, it should have an actual function there.

Pistol: Damage 1-8 (default), Damage Bonus +1 Energy, Damage Bonus +1 Bludgeoning, Attack Modifier +3. This makes it the best pistol on Taris, but it does less damage than the Zybrak Tystel Mark 3 (although it does have +1 more attack modifier), and not as good as the Mandalorian Heavy Pistol, or Cassus Fett's Heavy Pistol.

I am happy and have confidence with the new blaster setup- thanks! 😁

I hope it's to your liking (but if it's not, it's all good! lol) :)

Hahah! I like some, while some others are not, but overall- these changes fits me. I'll update the mod soon as I would have to recompile the files and the patcher again-as there is this change with a .uti header. Again, many thanks for the input, AFP! :cheers:

I think it would be fine to leave it a Vibrosword...I'm not actually sure which is correct, so whichever the wiki says lol

Also, did you see my edit to change a couple values? I should have made it a new post to give you a notification, but I didn't think about it.

Finally, instead of adding the Energy damage vs droids, how would you feel about changing the +3 Slashing Damage to +3 Energy Damage?

I'm glad you liked my changes! :)

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, A Future Pilot said:

I think it would be fine to leave it a Vibrosword...I'm not actually sure which is correct, so whichever the wiki says lol

No, a vibroblade it is- hahah! [an overhaul is a overhaul indeed. In fact, I actually have made some changes to the files there so, a rollback would be a pain on my nerves- lol!].

Also, did you see my edit to change a couple values? I should have made it a new post to give you a notification, but I didn't think about it.

Oh no, I haven't seen the edited post last time I checked it. I have just seen it minutes ago actually. No, worries- no harm being done anyways. :cheers:

Finally, instead of adding the Energy damage vs droids, how would you feel about changing the +3 Slashing Damage to +3 Energy Damage?

Ah-ha! That is a one nice idea- thanks for the input!

I'm glad you liked my changes! :)

The pleasure on me! :cheers:

• Light Side Points 1

[Updated to 1.2 : July 16, 2018]

A quick heads-up to the mod's page. The mod has been updated to 1.2 version. So, what's new in version 1.2?

• Slight update to the look of the armor by toned down the opacity of the alpha channel. It'd look less "metal" now.
  • New specularity in some elements of the armor, the blaster and the blade.
  • "Vanilla Selven's Voices Patch" patch included.
  • Updated Selven's .utc particularly her attributes and stats.
  • Updated .uti's entries both the blaster and the blade.
  • Updated .utc's entry to Selven's inventory.
  • Updated Installation, Uninstallation, and Credits entry.1166114736_SelvenLegends1.2ModsPageUpdate.thumb.png.e61fa1ca9c1012ac2bb005d63586c403.png

1 hour ago, Sith Holocron said:

Selven . . . Honey. . . Get a restraining order because ebmar is stalking you.

That's it I'm closing this thread. I don't want to go to jail! :fpc:

🤣

Hello ebmar and congratulations for the release of your modification.

I was wondering if you may consider in the future an option to allow the user to enjoy the great visual overhaul without making changes to the NPC's stats and keep the challenge at a level that is similar to the original game?

I am not sure whether Selven would drop her powerful weapons she uses in the fight but I, as player, would rather that she doesn't (for balance reason). 

Thanks for your hard work on this and for sharing it with the community.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Salk said:

Hello ebmar and congratulations for the release of your modification.

Hello Salk! Many thanks, and very much appreciated! Credits to all whom along the way also take their part on releasing this mod! :cheers:

I was wondering if you may consider in the future an option to allow the user to enjoy the great visual overhaul without making changes to the NPC's stats and keep the challenge at a level that is similar to the original game?

I am not sure whether Selven would drop her powerful weapons she uses in the fight but I, as player, would rather that she doesn't (for balance reason).

Yes! Thank you for the input! That was a great idea, I'll keep it noted and be determined to make it happen in the future updates. Yes, I believe that is possible for me to achieve and I am certain that would make a great addition the mod; as an alternative for players- like me and you, to experience one or another in one mod. Thanks again, for the suggestions! :cheers:

Thanks for your hard work on this and for sharing it with the community.

The pleasure is always on my side, Salk. And again- thank you, for the kind words! :respect:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ebmar said:

Yes! Thank you for the input! That was a great idea, I'll keep it noted and be determined to make it happen in the future updates. Yes, I believe that is possible for me to achieve and I am certain that would make a great addition the mod; as an alternative for players- like me and you, to experience one or another in one mod. Thanks again, for the suggestions! :cheers:

This is optional correct? I do like the concept of having Selven be levelled as an end of Taris boss instead of her weak old mini-boss self. As for Selven's weapons, they shouldn't be an issue as long as they are balanced to Taris' difficulty.

If the "visuals only" is an optional installation that'd be good as someone like me can play the full mod while Salk and others can use the visual only version.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, N-DReW25 said:

This is optional correct?

Yes, that addition will be optional.

I do like the concept of having Selven be levelled as an end of Taris boss instead of her weak old mini-boss self. As for Selven's weapons, they shouldn't be an issue as long as they are balanced to Taris' difficulty.

Appreciate the input- keep it noted for consideration!

If the "visuals only" is an optional installation that'd be good as someone like me can play the full mod while Salk and others can use the visual only version.

Appreciate your point of view! I hope I can accommodate them all in the next update. I believe I have got the picture of how the installation going to be, but as it is now only a vision, can't really say it'd be 100% correct.

Many thanks for the feedback! :cheers:

[Updated to 1.3 : July 23, 2018]

A quick heads-up to the mod's page. The mod has been updated to 1.3 version. So, what's new in version 1.3?

• Final update to the look of the armor with some tweaks to the alpha channel. It'd look more a metal compared to the 1.2 version, but look quite less compared to the 1.0 version.
  • Selven got a new pair of eyes, which finalised her overall looks also.
  • Updated specularity in some elements of the armor, the blaster, the blade and the head.
  • "Selven's "Vanilla" Difficulty and Inventory" patch added and could be accessed from the installer directory.
  • Updated Selven's .utc particularly her attributes and stats. [1.3 Version]
  • Slight .utc's entry update to Selven's inventory. [1.3 Version]
  • Updated Installation, Uninstallation, Compatibility, Redistribution and Credits entry.
  • Readme.rtf added to the main installation folder.
  • Header typo of "wvbroshort_101" on the .mdl file has been fixed to "w_vbroshort_101". The typo potentially generate a "AR_ERROR.LOG" file to the game's main folder.

5.png.63fa8c8cb0359bf4b6bf858176e7b8d7.png

1.3 Preview [featuring A Future Pilot's "K1 Lite Upgrader"] :

Spoiler

Edited by ebmar
Preview added to 1.3 version.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Salk said:

Congratulations on the new version!

Cheers!

Many thanks for the appreciation! I hope that you enjoy the new update! :cheers:

Hello!

I have just tested the encounter using the optional Vanilla Inventory and Difficulty. I am satisfied with the difficulty and amazed by the quality of your visual overhaul but I noticed you can still take her special weapons from the remains which I was hoping not to. Could you please take the extra step and not make her drop her customized blaster and sword in your next update? ;) 

It's just a suggestion, of course. I have myself changed the .utc file already so that she won't drop her weapons. 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2018 at 11:07 PM, Salk said:

Hello!

Hello, Salk! :cheers:

I have just tested the encounter using the optional Vanilla Inventory and Difficulty. I am satisfied with the difficulty and amazed by the quality of your visual overhaul...

Thanks for downloading and playing the update! Ah, glad to hear that you were satisfied with the difficulty and was amazed by the quality of the visual overhaul, very much appreciated! :cheers:

... but I noticed you can still take her special weapons from the remains which I was hoping not to. Could you please take the extra step and not make her drop her customized blaster and sword in your next update? ;)

Haha! Wow, that thing never crossed my mind actually, to make her not dropping both her weapons. But, I believe that'd be nice to have it implemented, and I think it could be accommodated in the next update. Many thanks for the input! But as it seems it was only some minor tweaks, possibly I would hold-off the update for the meantime.

It's just a suggestion, of course. I have myself changed the .utc file already so that she won't drop her weapons.

Every suggestions are always a welcome, welcome! Also a nice improvisation there with changing the .utc. 😁

• Like 1