Sith Holocron

TSL (Vanilla) In-Game Mysteries

Have you noticed any thing that was unexplained in TSL - either through dialogue or cutscene?This thread is solely to discuss Plot Holes in the vanilla version of TSL.What this is thread is NOT for: This thread is not for discussing bugs or plot introduced by TSLRCM, or any other mod.I'll start off the list with a couple and if anyone else would like to add something, please do so. Please explain in detail how it's a plot hole.1) Bao-Dur unexplained disappearance from the end-game: We all know that his remote is present on Malachor V and he recorded final instructions for him. We never did find out whether he's dead or alive. If he's dead, how did he die and why? If he's alive, where is her and why did he go?2) Why did the Exile return to known space?: Discussed in depth in this thread.

There are many clues to bao-dur being dead like how he says "Hurry on remote don't let my sacrifice be for nothing" that keyword there "sacrifice" is pretty much a dead give away literally! So I believe bao-dur was on the ravager or at the battle of telos and he made some great sacrifice and in turn he died.

DCJ, find that quote in the game. (I'll wait.)

As per the article that I linked to, Bao-Dur's absence isn't a plot hole. So "boo" on me for using it incorrectly.

There is no use of sacrifice by Bao-Dur... EVER... in the entire game. Nor any dialogue files, including unused ones.

There is no use of sacrifice by Bao-Dur... EVER... in the entire game. Nor any dialogue files, including unused ones.

Awww...I was wondering how long I could've stretched that joke out.

Then I wonder where that quote came from.  Still his outcome is an interesting point that was ignored. Both in-game "wasn't in Prison" and in Kriea's Prophecies.  What we mainly know is that He Disappeared from the game between Telos Battle and Malachor which explains why he wasn't the one that set the mass shadow generator "with his earlier dialogue u can infer he would have been obligated to do it himself" and why atton and Grenn made the comments about him and HK.  unless mentioned outside of the game, why would he need to die, perhaps he was originally supposed to go off with HK and just act like his pilot, since he was originally from the area of the factory, he could have shuttled HK into the base "huge flaw in HK-50s security measures?" or more likely into the Czerka camp. maybe he never died at all? he was just the HKs taxi driver "unless they can fly there own ships" or maybe he wanted to stay at the Restoration zones "unlikely"

As neither of the two examples in the initial post are technically plot holes, I've renamed the thread.

Then I wonder where that quote came from

Google "Make my sacrifice matter" and "Bao-Dur" in the same search and you'll probably find the answer in the results.

It's just said in a teaser though, it's not even shipped with the game.

It seems like I'm the only one that saved the relevant audio portion of part 2 of the Production Diary. Too bad the line has music behind it though.

I've been wondering about one particular thing, especially since TSLRCM doesn't shed any light on it either.

Vaklu wins the civil war and rules Onderon. Tobin gets slapped by Drexl larva as usual. But in this instance Kreia doesn't revive him and go "I'm with Vaklu, war's gone against him, Jedi have struck, they're on Telos" so he can go and bait Nihilus there - she has no way or reason of saying that since Vaklu won the struggle. So why did Tobin even go to Nihilus, and how did Tobin knew of the academy on Telos in this scenario? It's even more apparent plothole when you consider he wanted Onderon to sever ties with Nihilus and had Exile slaughter the Sith forces planetside and on the moon. And then he'd just go and rat to the guy he betrayed, after the victory was secured in Vaklu's favor? Wat.

perhaps he had succumbed to the dark side, or perhaps he was "healed" instead of just knocked out, like what happened to Hanharr, but instead of by Kriea, by the Sith on Onderon who took him with them, but I guess that doenst answer how they knew about the jedi on Telos. Unless Kriea secretly sent out the information.  Or after the masters death, they felt a disturbance in the force that drew them to Telos

There are many clues to bao-dur being dead like how he says "Hurry on remote don't let my sacrifice be for nothing" that keyword there "sacrifice" is pretty much a dead give away literally! So I believe bao-dur was on the ravager or at the battle of telos and he made some great sacrifice and in turn he died.

heres the answer from Chris Avellone:

• Bao-Dur's sacrifice - In the game files, one of Bao-Dur's lines is "Make my sacrifice matter". According to Chris Avellone, Bao-Dur dies during "the attack on Telos to help HK-47 get to the HK-50 factory and shut it down to save the planet".

they just said its not in the game files though. And the same source has at least 1 mistake about what is cut and when it really wasn't