Sith Holocron

End Credit Music: An Plea to Those Hoping to Resolve the Recent Issue

As has been pointed out here, TSLRCM and M4-78 EP are currently not available in Deadly Stream due to the Ending Credits for each mod having music from KOTOR1.  As Hassat Hunter has proved resistant to other music exclusively from KOTOR2 replacing what's already there, perhaps you fine viewers could show us "how it's done" by applying your own take on the credits.

I've asked JCarter426 - the creator of the next credits - for his take on how long the credit sequence should be.  He's replied with the following.

Ideal time:

TSLRCM only: 1 minute 22 seconds
TSLRCM + M4-78: 2 minutes 7 seconds

There's some wiggle room, of course... I'd say anything between 80 and 125% speed would work, so between 1:05 and 1:42 for TSLRCM and between 1:42 and 2:38 for M4-78. It's easier to make it shorter than longer, but I can deal with that if necessary.

For the M4-78 EP credits music mix, Hassat Hunter seems to favor the "M4-78 March" being used somewhere in the M4-78 Credits so try to use it if possible. Here's the song that I'm talking about.

If you're interested in such a thing, create a YouTube video with your music mix and reply to this post. There's no guarantee that your mix would be used but it (somehow) seems more useful to focus our attentions on resolving the issue than doing nothing about it. (This coming from the guy that took down both mods in the first place.)

Just a suggestion. He has a lot more songs and I think they're all ok to use if you credit him. Good luck

• Like 1

Put these two together quickly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smrpisjpy3k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqyJe_-Ngrs

I tried to keep the same time lengths JC mentioned as well as I could, the text also changes signify when the credits switch from TSLRCM to M4-78 EP. The first video uses the M4-78 music Sith Holocron suggested for the M4-78 part, whereas the second video is a mixture of two other tracks from the game.

• Like 2

I don't have the appropriate sound mixing technology with me, so I will list the tracks out by the names in the files.

To start, I would suggest a faster and more upbeat track like Nihilis's Theme, Peragus Battle, or maybe just cliche John Williams Star Wars (this happens to be in the files)

Afterward, either Kreia's Theme, Sion's Theme, or Valley of the Dark Lords for a somber vibe.

(this is generally how Star Wars music is structured and I think they encompass the Exile's journey as well)

Nar Shadaa could also be strewn into the mix as it also has a dark tone and symbolizes the intrigue throughout the story.

• Like 3

Working on some mixes, I'll edit this post with links when I'm done.

Edit: Got the audio done. If the "March" part of the song seems too loud, don't worry I fixed that with the MP3 files already, just need to zip them up and upload them.
Mix 1

Mix 2

Tracks.zip

Edited by L0ki194
  • Like 3

DarthVarkor's first mix seems like the simplest and most obvious thing to do (rebuilt enclave for tslrcm, hero's walk for m478). Actually, hero's walk is pretty much perfect for m478.

Here's two more suggestions for tslrcm in case you're looking for something more bombastic in the beginning.

• Like 3

Well, there's another slight complication. A lot of the themes mentioned here are already in the game credits. The original game credit music is as follows:

Star Wars credit music, mus_a_main ("The Sith Lords"), mus_a_800core, mus_nihilus ("Nihilus' Theme"), mus_jedi ("The Jedi"), and the unused "KOTOR March" - the credits are where M4-78 got that in the first place. Remember all those themes would be playing before these credits when you finish the game.

• Like 4

Yes, while the Rebuild Academy made sense, it's strongly connected to the level that I didn't want to touch, AND was part of the original credits. M4's music was too, but since it really defines M4-78EP imo and isn't used ingame (except for our mod) aside from the credits I figured it could pass on.

Like said, there's been put quite a bit of thought into the original pick of credits music.

And if you're adamant on keeping KOTOR March for M4-78, then it's actually already just about the right length, so all that's left is something to replace the Old Republic theme for TSLRCM.

• Like 3

Great mixes L0ki & bead-v, I'll have another stab at this later on today if I get the chance.

• Like 2

Here's my third one: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgHvXKYkI6A

This uses "The Tomb of Freedon Nadd" and "Aboard the Ebon Hawk" for TSLRCM, and "Hero's Walk" for M4-78.

If you guys decide not to use the latter for M4-78, perhaps B-4D4 could work? 

It's a tad short, though, so would have to be either extended or mixed with another track, just a thought.
  • Like 4

Here's my third one:

I'm liking this one as well!

@TSLRCM_team: There's been plenty of proposals, you're bound to find something among them that works. This issue ain't worth keeping the mods off the site, so.... make TSLRCM and M4-78EP downloadable again!

• Like 5

Decided to do one last crack at this with 2 more variants.

I wanted to have a mix that opens with Dxun Battle (given the Exile's past), and another opening with the beginning of "The Royal Palace". I was also trying to do a mix that opens with "Restoration Zone Battle", but I had trouble trying to mesh it right and eventually gave up.

EDIT: Added a zip file with the tracks (wouldn't let me upload it earlier when I first posted)

Mix 3 (TSLRCM only)

Mix 3 (TSLRCM + M4-78)

Mix 4 (TSLRCM + M4-78)

Tracks2.zip

• Like 3

Curious about what I turned in and got turned down?  It's your turn to listen to what I did. Obviously, some of these were created without the knowledge of how long the songs should be. As I've done these some time ago, I couldn't even say which song parts I used anymore!

Anyway, here's my stuff:

• Like 2

And why were those turned down again?
I think the sound great

I think I am not the person that should be detailing the answer. I can only point you to the link in the first post.

And why were those turned down again?

I think the sound great

Because they're a bit on the long side. Also, and this is just my personal opinion, I don't think a mix of themes works very well here, because of how short the credits are. TSLRCM is under a minute and a half, and then M4-78 half that. No matter how well the music is edited, it's going to sound abrupt if it changes in the middle of the beta testers or translators or whatever. There's no transition in the credits to justify a change in music, in my opinion. It's just too short.

With that in mind, I aimed for one track for each credit. M4-78 is going to have KOTOR March, as previously discussed; for TSLRCM, in my proposal, I went with the Sith action theme, since I noticed that cropped up in a few mixes here, and it wasn't in the original credits. "Sith Action" is what I call it, anyway. If you string together the Korriban and Malachor battle tracks, it amounts to a single three and a half minute theme, and parts of this were used in other areas in the game. I edited that down for the TSLRCM credits. Just waiting to hear from the guys in charge now.

Also, now is as good a time as any to talk about my original plan for the credits, which was rejected due to technical reasons. Currently, the mod credits are played in a separate video, after the original game credits run, and that's not going to change with the updates. However, at first I wanted to replace the credits entirely, and have it all in one video. Hassat Hunter and Zbyl were worried about the added file size, though - it could be as much as a gigabyte - so we're not doing that.

But I already did the game credits, so I'm thinking of going through with it anyway as a separate mod. And that might require a new mix as well. I'll have to put it all together to be sure, but I think it would be shorter than the original credits (because the original credits are painfully slow) and therefore I'll have to decide what music to drop and what to keep, or maybe just do an entirely new thing. I don't know yet.

• Like 1

No matter how well the music is edited, it's going to sound abrupt if it changes in the middle of the beta testers or translators or whatever.

Well, it's easier to make a good mix if you can actually see what it's playing against :)

M4-78 is going to have KOTOR March, as previously discussed; for TSLRCM, in my proposal, I went with the Sith action theme

Sounds good! I'm hoping that's it then :) Any other ideas for the music can be considered for the separate mod that you suggested :)

• Like 1

Well, the final video hasn't been rendered yet because there might be textual changes. I don't want to release credits that aren't accurate. But it's not much different than the current video, since it was stylistically designed to be the same length for the music. The only major difference is I made it scroll from the voice actors on.

• Like 1

Seeing as this thread may have outlived it's usefulness, I'll probably be locking it up soon if there are no objections.  If JC opens a WIP thread for discussion on his upcoming connected mod, that might be the best place to discuss that. 

So . . . any objections?

• Like 2