Sign in to follow this  
zbyl2

M4-78 Official Progress Report #1

I would try to mix it up with the colors a bit. Kavar has blue, Vrook has green, Zez has what, purple? If we're going by here likely jedi Class, it would probably make most sense to make her a Jedi Guardian.

Otherwise, of the other available colors you'd have yellow, silver, orange or cyan, right? am I missing one?

I'd maybe go with cyan.

Blue is what I went with originaly for Vash because she is a jedi gaurdian so it made sense,Kaah we really don't know a lot about(not much info) other than he was her padawan. I gave him yellow and made him a Sentinal due to his profficiency with computers,but he can be any class for that matter.

Well, according to Wookieepedia (I know, I know):

She is shown in cut content wielding a lightsaber with a silver blade

Is this the same cut content? And if so, why change that? Would be nice seeing some silver blades. ;)

Otherwise, of the other available colors you'd have yellow, silver, orange or cyan, right? am I missing one?

Viridian too.

Blue is what I went with originaly for Vash because she is a jedi gaurdian so it made sense,Kaah we really don't know a lot about(not much info) other than he was her padawan. I gave him yellow and made him a Sentinal due to his profficiency with computers,but he can be any class for that matter.

I was thinking if we actually don't know what Kaah's saber hilt or color is?

Maybe there can be a script placed in where the player can choose it. This could be easily done with talking to a non voiced droid like T3 model where the player can respond back and restate that the droid sensors or security cameras caught a figure with what believed to be a blank hilt with a blank color from the device. This will allow player to choose the saber hilt and color which will give a nice touch.

Logan

Maybe there can be a script placed in where the player can choose it. This could be easily done with talking to a non voiced droid like T3 model where the player can respond back and restate that the droid sensors or security cameras caught a figure with what believed to be a blank hilt with a blank color from the device. This will allow player to choose the saber hilt and color which will give a nice touch.

Logan

I could see this being added to the Cutscene of the exile on Coruscant.

"-Why did you come back?

[NAME] glare's in Vash's direction and set its eyes upon her lightsaber."

Then the player gets the option of choosing the color:

"This blade has always been chilling you, Master Vash being a dangerous duelist."

Guest bendarby24

Master Vash is orange in usm :?

Logan

Brilliant idea! The player should be allowed to choose the LS. color for both vash and kaah! Im just sayin':D

Ok. I must not be getting something here, but why does it matter what her lightsaber color is? I mean it's HERS not yours. On the one hand, in my opinion, you shouldn't have any say in what someone else's lightsaber color is. On the other hand wouldn't creating such an opportunity in the mod to choose her saber cause it to be delayed? I'd much rather them focus on making the content great and not worry about something as trivial as that.

Personally if you want her to be different, why not go with Yellow or Orange? Those colors aren't used on the council currently.

Anyway, regardless, I look forward to the mod.

Ok. I must not be getting something here, but why does it matter what her lightsaber color is? I mean it's HERS not yours. On the one hand, in my opinion, you shouldn't have any say in what someone else's lightsaber color is. On the other hand wouldn't creating such an opportunity in the mod to choose her saber cause it to be delayed? I'd much rather them focus on making the content great and not worry about something as trivial as that.

Personally if you want her to be different, why not go with Yellow or Orange? Those colors aren't used on the council currently.

Anyway, regardless, I look forward to the mod.

(Atton RULZ,LOL) Well, let me lay it out for ya', in case you haven't noticed, in the movies the only saber colors that are shown are Blue, Green, Red, Purple!

Some of the colors like: Silver (wtf?) Orange, Viridian, Cyan and all those kind of bullshit recently invented like black and other stuff are quite exagerated and annoying! Where are the classic saber colors??

For me personally, the only colors on which I agree upon in the SW universe are only: Blue, Red (only for bad guys), Green, Purple and Yellow:D

(Atton RULZ,LOL) Well, let me lay it out for ya', in case you haven't noticed, in the movies the only saber colors that are shown are Blue, Green, Red, Purple!

Some of the colors like: Silver (wtf?) Orange, Viridian, Cyan and all those kind of bullshit recently invented like black and other stuff are quite exagerated and annoying! Where are the classic saber colors??

For me personally, the only colors on which I agree upon in the SW universe are only: Blue, Red (only for bad guys), Green, Purple and Yellow:D

There are a lot of things in KoTOR and any other form of Star Wars media that differs from the movies. They are different eyes seeing the same thing.

Oh come on, those are the best colors in KOTOR2. Silver + Viridian for me...

I believe that Team Bantha was going to have Vash use a silver blade. I'd say keep that color for Vash's blade, if only for tradition's sake.

Uh, I might be wrong. Mind you, it was a long time ago! Back in the days when I was but a child and my mother initiated me to Star Wars: A New Hope, I used to look at old Ben Kenobi's blade during the duel against Vader and think to myself, is it truly Blue, or Cyan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl70-u6O180&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oykZFNxl-cA

Maybe it was because of my TV config, but look at the 2nd video, you'll see what I mean...

I believe that Team Bantha was going to have Vash use a silver blade. I'd say keep that color for Vash's blade, if only for tradition's sake.

I was talking about for my Exile, not Vash.

But I really don't care either way what she has.

Uh, I might be wrong. Mind you, it was a long time ago! Back in the days when I was but a child and my mother initiated me to Star Wars: A New Hope, I used to look at old Ben Kenobi's blade during the duel against Vader and think to myself, is it truly Blue, or Cyan?

Maybe it was because of my TV config, but look at the 2nd video, you'll see what I mean...

No, it isn't a cyan!! It is Anakin's Lighsaber from episode III and obviously it wasn't cyan! It was looking cyan because of the weak movie effects that were at the time when the movie was re-edited for the special edition (BTW: The first release of A New Hope was having all the lightsaber colors white):D

P.S.: I think the best way it would be to put Vash's lightsaber yellow and kaah's one blue - or viceversa.

Guest bendarby24

agreed :D

No, but you can have different tastes. By the way, I tought the Cyan color was kind of due to the lightsaber getting abnormally old just like Old Ben...

Guest DH-010

For the record, these 'exotic' Lightsaber colors is not a new thing.

There were many colors in expanded universe Star Wars long before the prequel trilogy or KOTOR. Like Dark Forces II (1997), where the player could choose purple, yellow, orange and viridian (IIRC) in multiplayer beside the standard blue, green and red. In addition, in single-player Kyle Katarn wielded a yellow Lightsaber. KOTOR and FU just added a few.

To go back on-topic;

I think the blue Lightsaber for Master Vash is indeed the best choice for mentioned reasons. It is not strange in any way to have different counsel members have the same color Lightsaber. For Kaah it's more difficult, but I guess yellow could work fine. Otherwise also give him a blue saber, because that's pretty much the classic 'Padawan-color'.

Anyway, this is all not very important if you ask me, the important thing is that this mod is actually going to be released sometime! ;)

Guest Zhaboka

Having voiced the character in question, I'm gonna vote for yellow. Not that it means anything special, haha.

blue for Vash and yellow for her padawan - its the best option. dont change anything

silver, veridian, cyan etc its all bullshit

p.s. will this mod be compatible with Goto GenoHaradan Fix ?

Lol that is not Anakin's saber from episode 3. He gives that to Luke when he brings him to his place and tells him he promised his father he would give it to him when he was old enough. I thought this place was full of SW nerds :(. I like the idea of using a cyan blade personally. It says Jedi guardian but with a little extra flash. I also like the idea of her padawan being a sentinel with a yellow blade. In all my playthroughs I don't think I saw a single yellow throughout other than on my own characters.

The colors chosen for the lightsbaers should be left up to the modders' call. However, I don't think that it would be out of place to make a poll to find which are the most popular choices. One thread for Vash's lightsaber color and a separate thread should be made for Kaah's lightsaber color (as trying to combine the threads would be inefficient and would result in the longest poll on here ever.)

Discussions that deal with color should be discussed in those threads in the future - and left off of this one.

Actually, I kind of enjoy reading how people talk about such small details as lightsaber colors :( and since it's a "progress report thread", I guess people can talk about pretty much anything mod-related they want to.

Of course should anyone feel a need to start new thread for lightsaber discussion we're fine with it, it's always good to see forum grow : )

Actually, I kind of enjoy reading how people talk about such small details as lightsaber colors :( and since it's a "progress report thread", I guess people can talk about pretty much anything mod-related they want to.

Of course should anyone feel a need to start new thread for lightsaber discussion we're fine with it, it's always good to see forum grow : )

Poll threads can be found here:

What color lightsaber should Master Vash wield?

What color lightsaber should Kaah Ohtok's wield?

Granted, 'twas beginning to expand this thread too much. Now is the time to be hungry for an update :(