Sign in to follow this  
zbyl2

M4-78 Official Progress Report #1

Been awhile, huh?

Yes, the mod is still being worked on, progress have been kinda slow lately but it's gonna get faster now. For those who don't know yet, I've taken over as a new project leader, Stoney is still around though, working on some cool stuff for the mod and helping whenever possible : )

Now to actual progress. Main story is pretty much done, some side-quest ideas exist though we're not worrying about those just yet. Very first quest on the planet, also known as "Droid's quest" where you, well, control one of your droid is done and working, as is first part of planet's Industrial Zone - the other part is currently being populated with NPCs, placeables and all other kind of cool stuff.

k200075.jpg

k200076.jpg

k200079.jpg

I'm also trying script some random (well, maybe not so random) changes on the planet as player progresses, so you'll be actually able to see how droids do things and go about their business, instead of simply standing around not doing much whole time as it is on most of KotOR's planet. Just a small example of what I'm talking about:

k200072.jpg

k200073.jpg

As you can see, droids in recharge station changed at some point in a story - idea is that droid on the first screen got recharged enough, while the droids on second screenshot needed to use a station for whatever reason. Careful players will notice more of such changes throughout the planet.

Now if I was to guess a percentage of how much is done, I'd say 30% of main quest. That includes dialogs, module editing and all that.

I have no idea what else to talk about so I'll just spam with more screenshots and get back to work.

k200080.jpg

k200081.jpg

Feel free to ask about anything and everything, and don't feel offended if I don't answer your question - I might keep more interesting ones for next "big" progress report, whenever that happens.

Guest Slstoev

This is gonna be one of the best mods ever.

In the second spoiler I can't see the first image.

Alright, I'll throw out the big question then. Will it be compatible with TSLRCM? I should most definitely think not, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Alright, I'll throw out the big question then. Will it be compatible with TSLRCM? I should most definitely think not, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

This version most definitely "will" be compatible with TSLRCM. What exist of it currently works just fine with TSLRCM. All incompatible content(the enclave stuff) was removed and the Korriban link is re-done a little.

Alright then, that's all I needed to hear. Definitely looking forward to this now.

TSLRCM + Malachor VI Complete Mod + M4-78 MOD = Complete Kotor II? Only time will tell, but hopefully when the other two are done, I'll be able to tell for myself.

And by the Korriban link to it being re-done, does that in any way refer to Vash? M4-78 was originally the planet you traveled to, to find her right? So I assume that means we won't find her corpse on Korriban with this mod in? Or will we?

I've seen the redux version of the 'Council Scene' on Dantooine with Vash there, and it isn't too great. She has only one or two lines in the whole thing, but I guess it could still work anyway. So, are you planning to restore M4-78 with or without her? Personally I'd rather without, as I think it makes the Korriban/Dantooine bits a little better, but either way is fine.

Guest darthkrull

Wow can't wait for this to come out. I still play this game alot and was starting to get bored with it. Not now

Alright then, that's all I needed to hear. Definitely looking forward to this now.

TSLRCM + Malachor VI Complete Mod + M4-78 MOD = Complete Kotor II? Only time will tell, but hopefully when the other two are done, I'll be able to tell for myself.

Nope, you're missing a few, including some that haven't even been announced yet :)

Feel free to ask about anything and everything, and don't feel offended if I don't answer your question - I might keep more interesting ones for next "big" progress report, whenever that happens.

Take your time. No rush.

(Yes, this is actually coming from the guy who's always asking for his lines!)

I've seen the redux version of the 'Council Scene' on Dantooine with Vash there, and it isn't too great. She has only one or two lines in the whole thing, but I guess it could still work anyway. So, are you planning to restore M4-78 with or without her? Personally I'd rather without, as I think it makes the Korriban/Dantooine bits a little better, but either way is fine.

Yes, Master Vash will be alive and well on the planet, doesn't mean she'll stay that way by the time you take off... :)

You will still have to travel to Korriban - that's where you learn Master Vash went to a mysterious planet called M4-78.

Nope, you're missing a few, including some that haven't even been announced yet :)

You don't say? Well, that's pretty much just doubly awesome. I thought the experience couldn't get any better, but you guys have even more up your sleeve than these 3 monster mods? Cannot wait, that's all I can say, for all of this to come together in the end.

Yes, Master Vash will be alive and well on the planet, doesn't mean she'll stay that way by the time you take off... :)

You will still have to travel to Korriban - that's where you learn Master Vash went to a mysterious planet called M4-78.

Also, glad to hear that, as odd as it sounds. I really wasn't too peachy on Vash showing up during the council scene. However, I AM glad that she's alive for a little bit more story, M4-78 proves to be doubly epic just with her being there. And if I'm not mistaken...doesn't Sion have a brief bit there as well?

Guest Bob Ta'aar

aaah, just sweet-ass awesome :)! can't say how much I look forward to this!

Guest Crazzyy

great news. can't wait for more info. keep up the good work.

Guest DH-010

Wow and it isn't even Christmas yet.

I look forward to the updates!

So... I guess Vash's story is similar to the original M4-78 mod?

No wait, I don't want to be spoiled yet :).

Wow. I honestly can't think of anything else to say but `wow`.

Guest bendarby24

you forgot the geoharad mod, and allso a mod that i need help with because it is biger then super content mod ..... it inproves the game by puting more items, side quests and all that so the game does not feel so empty :)

Guest Lex

And there's also Drewton's Massive Improvement Mod, assuming he's still working on it. :)

And there's also Drewton's Massive Improvement Mod, assuming he's still working on it. :)

I wouldn't hold my breath on that one but I'd love to pleasantly surprised.

But back to the topic . . .

Something I've noticed from a couple of the screenies, the droid that's shown with the Exile, that isn't a party member is it? If it is I'd certainly be impressed, even if was just for the one world.

I'm actually happy about that. It would seem a little out of place, even if it were just a guest character. Any idea at how long M4-78 is looking at in-game? As in, how long it will take to complete the world? Main quest/Side quests included.

It's too early to say how long the planet is, surely longer than Korriban, but not as long as Nar Shaddaa with all its side-quests. Dantooine length, maybe? But I'm just speculating now.

Last time I played trough already implemented quests it took me around a hour, I believe, but there's still over half a planet to do, and "last time I played" I only talked to characters I needed to. And I'm not counting any side-quests! There are also numerous ways to do some things, just like on other planets, so if you want to see most of content, you'll have to play mod at least twice.

you forgot the geoharad mod, and allso a mod that i need help with because it is biger then super content mod ..... it inproves the game by puting more items, side quests and all that so the game does not feel so empty :)

Genoharadan is one of them yes, whether it will be of such ginormous proportions though is yet to be determined.

Don't forget Disciple's Holocron quest, and let's just say that Telos isn't all that it could be either.

And by the Korriban link to it being re-done, does that in any way refer to Vash? M4-78 was originally the planet you traveled to, to find her right? So I assume that means we won't find her corpse on Korriban with this mod in? Or will we?

Don't forget the GenoHaradan Restoration:D

Don't forget Disciple's Holocron quest, and let's just say that Telos isn't all that it could be either.

Snif snif, hum, it smells like desire of possible modder involvment, doesn't it?

He he, anyway gotta get back on topic so, awaiting for the next progress report.

Phil out.