Sith Holocron

What color lightsaber should Kaah Ohtok wield?

Padawan Kaah Ohtok's Lightsaber  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Chosen Color for Kaah Ohtok's lightsaber?

This topic enables us to clearly see what everyone's top choice is for Padawan Kaah Ohtok's lightsaber color? Please choose a color from the above list. Feel free to expand why you think your color should be chosen. Keep in mind favorite color is a subjective thing. (Let's keep the flamebaiting down, if we can.)

I vote yellow for Kaah. A lot of people seem to be thinking this, not sure why exactly. I don't know a lot about the guy, but I suppose yellow is a good padawan color.

I say orange.

1.) Like my argument for Vash's blade color, not a single NPC uses the KotOR 2 blade colors. That's just not right.

2.) Yellow is used by Bastila in KotOR already. Do we really need yet another KotOR character with a color not in the movies (since that's an argument people seem to like)? Again, especially since the KotOR 2 colors are completely unrepresented? And since there are enough blue (cyan is too close to that), and Vash I say should be silver, that leaves orange/bronze (basically the same color). *See #3

3.) As much as I love viridian, when you select that as the Exile's color, they specifically say that it was a totally unique color for them. Seeing another Jedi with that same color, not connected to the Exile, would just be strange.

I've voted in the Master Vash thread but I'm holding off on picking out a choice in this thread. I'm hoping someone will help sway my opinions for Kaah's lightsaber color choice.

I've voted in the Master Vash thread but I'm holding off on picking out a choice in this thread. I'm hoping someone will help sway my opinions for Kaah's lightsaber color choice.

I could help sway your opinion if I knew more than the guy's name. I was thinking about asking this in the official mod's thread, but it feels more appropriate here since this thread is about him specifically.

I know he was Vash's padawan, but what else? Everyone seems to be talking about him like they know the guy, but I'm still sort of in the dark. Can anyone give a brief summary about him?

I could help sway your opinion if I knew more than the guy's name. I was thinking about asking this in the official mod's thread, but it feels more appropriate here since this thread is about him specifically.

I know he was Vash's padawan, but what else? Everyone seems to be talking about him like they know the guy, but I'm still sort of in the dark. Can anyone give a brief summary about him?

Since I don't wish to spoil the plot, I'll quote publicly available sources - namely Wookiepedia . . .

Kaah Ohtok was the Padawan of Jedi Master Lonna Vash.

Behind the scenes section

Originally, Kaah, like Master Vash, was supposed to be met by the Jedi Exile on the planet M4-78 before it was cut from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords. According to files left in the game Kaah and Vash had developed a force bond during Kaah's training which was damaged as the two were separated during their fight to free M4-78 from Sith occupation. Upon losing his connection to Vash he believed her dead, which lead him to seek revenge, and take up a misguided quest to prevent any Sith from retaking M4-78. As the Exile explored parts of M4-78 Kaah took on the identity of ES-05, the planet's environmental Archon, and accused the Exile of being a Sith Lord. Kaah, refusing to listen to anything the Exile had to say, sent several waves of droids to attack her, in an attempt to prevent, what he saw as, the beginning of another Sith occupation. Eventually the Exile was to reach Kaah where his true identity as Vash's apprentice would be revealed. The Exile then had the option of helping to guide him back to the light, killing him, or driving him to the point where he killed himself. The cut content had no indication what species Kaah was, and he is usually assumed to be either a Human or a Twi'lek.

Ah. Thanks very much. I was going to suggest a certain color...but then realized it'd be odd if he suddenly had the crystals for said color laying around. Although once again, considering events that took place there according to your source, it IS possible.

Kreia, (Or is it Bao-Dur?) Regardless, somebody says that ones lightsaber should reflect it's wielder, crystal color included. If Kaah's personality is as described in that source, then it should be one that matches it. In my opinion, then it should be yellow or orange, which seem to be popular choices according to the poll.

Honestly, I can't really explain why without spoiling I suppose. So, Holocron, in accordance with Kaah's personality, Yellow/Orange sort of fit's it, don't you think? If he acts the way I think he does (Brash, fiery, inexperienced pupil-type), then that "spirited"-ness sort of reflects a fiery color like Yellow/Orange.

Then again, I'm reading WAY too deep into this aren't I? Cripes, I need to get out more...

Guest hkmandalore47

same thing as with vash, kaah should have whatever lightsaber was originally inteded for him. if there is none, then it depends on what he looks like

I voted Bronze for this one, for the same reason I voted Silver for Vash, you never see these colours on any other characters unless you equip them yourself.

Quick question which may lead to a spoiler, in Stoney's original M4-78 there was a female Twi'lek Jedi who attacks you, is she going to be included or has she been cut from this version? :cheers:

Yay for my arguments sort of holding up and swaying people on both counts! :cheers:

Of course, thanks to Trayusstudent1, I have to ask.... since they're practically the same color, can the orange and bronze votes be looked at as combined? Or do the others who have voted for either one only want the one they voted for? I mean, since I see little/no difference between them, even though my vote was for orange, I'd still consider it a "win" if it was bronze. And if I had voted bronze instead, the reverse would hold true. In other words, am I the only one who sees them as the exact same color, and thus the tally really being 11 to 10?

I voted Bronze for this one, for the same reason I voted Silver for Vash, you never see these colours on any other characters unless you equip them yourself.

Quick question which may lead to a spoiler, in Stoney's original M4-78 there was a female Twi'lek Jedi who attacks you, is she going to be included or has she been cut from this version? :thumbup:

Bronze? Good god. I forget that color even exists. I've NEVER seen it during any playthrough, not once. Plus I don't know how keen I am to the idea of a brown lightsaber. It's close enough to orange, so you might as well have orange, yeah?

Bronze? Good god. I forget that color even exists. I've NEVER seen it during any playthrough, not once. Plus I don't know how keen I am to the idea of a brown lightsaber. It's close enough to orange, so you might as well have orange, yeah?

You mean to tell me you see a difference in the colors? Or are you just talking theoretically? Since I was next to a workbench, I figured I'd do this just to see:

orangeandbronze.jpg

One of the blades is orange and the other is bronze. Unless there's just something wrong with my game, I cannot see any difference.

You mean to tell me you see a difference in the colors? Or are you just talking theoretically? Since I was next to a workbench, I figured I'd do this just to see:

orangeandbronze.jpg

One of the blades is orange and the other is bronze. Unless there's just something wrong with my game, I cannot see any difference.

Huh, those are pretty similar, exact in fact. Like I said, never seen a Bronze saber before, I was just considering that the color bronze is orange-ish, and must be similar. But now I see how similar they actually are in Kotor, at any rate.

Huh, those are pretty similar, exact in fact. Like I said, never seen a Bronze saber before, I was just considering that the color bronze is orange-ish, and must be similar. But now I see how similar they actually are in Kotor, at any rate.

Which is exactly why I asked, upon thinking about it, if the orange and bronze votes would/could be added together. And in case anyone's wondering, regarding that screenshot and which is which:

regular lightsaber (right hand) is orange and short (left) is bronze.

Isn't it possible to give-it a more bronze feeling? As in this color Bronze.gif

Is it? If so, I would love to know how to! Of course, I'm also not a modder.

OK, it's time for me to pick a color. I'm just surprised I didn't get a back lash for putting the color red in the light saber poll. LOL

I personally don't have an issue with "non-canon" colors so I'll be going with Orange myself.

orangeandbronze.jpg

I decided I'd ask DarthJacen to see if he could alter either Orange or Bronze of the lightsaber textures in his mod called Movie-Style Lightsaber Retextures (TSL).

Can't we just modify the colors for ourselves when the mod will be released??? (by modding)

Okay, changed my vote from orange to bronze, so long as it's the bronze in VP's Hi Poly Tin Cans mod. :) Without, it still doesn't change my previous thought of orange and bronze being combined if they're the same color.

Can't we just modify the colors for ourselves when the mod will be released??? (by modding)

Yes, but the question is what color should Kaah have as his default saber for M4-78.

Guest HK-47

Explanation: I went with yellow because no named characters except for Bastila have a Yellow saber, and it would be nice to have another who does. Also that's what he had in the first version of M4-78.

Guest HK-47

I say orange.

1.) Like my argument for Vash's blade color, not a single NPC uses the KotOR 2 blade colors. That's just not right.

2.) Yellow is used by Bastila in KotOR already. Do we really need yet another KotOR character with a color not in the movies (since that's an argument people seem to like)? Again, especially since the KotOR 2 colors are completely unrepresented? And since there are enough blue (cyan is too close to that), and Vash I say should be silver, that leaves orange/bronze (basically the same color). *See #3

3.) As much as I love viridian, when you select that as the Exile's color, they specifically say that it was a totally unique color for them. Seeing another Jedi with that same color, not connected to the Exile, would just be strange.

Correction: Your number 1 argument is faulty. There was one Sith in the Trayus Academy that has a short Viridian saber. But your point is made.

That is why I use New Lightsaber Color Crystals mod by Eagleracer38x. It actually makes bronze and orange different.

Without a mod, the bronze crystal is just orange. Heck, it even says unused for the bronze crystal with the KSE editor.

The funny thing would be if Orange was chosen for Kaah, to make Kaah's saber the second orange(bronze). Without the the mod, Kaah's saber is orange. With the mod, it is bronze.

Im going to vote red just to be different, and hk-47 your point of another npc using virridan is wrong in trayus academy rank reformation where he dosent have the short saber

But seriously I think that he should use orange or bronze because if Vash is using silver it is the single unrepresented color. (Besides Cyan)

You should also change the poll so orange and bronze are the same because because the are the same color and together they currently have the second most votes.

Edited by darthbdaman

Guest ADG12311990

Im going to vote red just to be different, and hk-47 your point of another npc using virridan is wrong in trayus academy rank reformation where he dosent have the short saber

Yes, but in the Vanilla TSL, there is a Sith who has a short Viridian saber.