djnugent

Idea for a "small" mod for KOTOR1

****POSSIBLE SPOILERS....if you've never played KOTOR****

Wasn't sure if this is the correct spot for this, so if a moderator feels that it needs to be moved, please feel free to do so.

I always thought it felt awkward that, during your initial meeting, Jolee never invites you into his home. He'd been waiting for you (expecting you, even) and here we have what feels like a "Yoda" moment and you just stand outside his front door in the wilderness chatting it up.

I think a small mod where he invites you into his studio hole-in-the-wall for a drink (tea, beer, Iridonian whiskey, whatever) would be appropriate. Just one room - Obi-Wan Kenobi meets Yoda's mud-hut. It could add another small but potentially power bit of immersion into a very weird meeting. At most - a table, couple of chairs, some lights - maybe a pot of soup cooking in a corner. Some old crap on the walls. Not sure - single retired-guy stuff.

Hell, if it was crappy enough it would at least provide some additional motivation for him to leave with you... 

There was a mod that added Jolee's hut available on Lucasforums: Jolee's Hut by Nick Vader

However, I don't know if it's any good and the download link doesn't work either. Maybe someone (looking at you miles :) ) still has this mod available somewhere.

Or maybe someone could just make a new mod^^

Couldn't be Newbiemodder one of the downloaders?  I mean, it could be possible!  Don't lose hope yet!

I support this idea, it would be great to enter Jolee's hut if only briefly. 

Guest Qui-Gon Glenn

IIRC, Nick's mod was incomplete at best and very bare bones.

The idea is cool. The issue is finding a model in-game that is properly small. Yortal's shop on Tatooine is still too big...

Does anyone remember playing RedHawke's Jawa Shop? I cannot recall the module he used, but it was the right size maybe, and sandy/dusty enough that with a reskin it could work.

The big issue is VO. It would be less interesting a place to visit with text-only dialogue.

IIRC, Nick's mod was incomplete at best and very bare bones.

The idea is cool. The issue is finding a model in-game that is properly small. Yortal's shop on Tatooine is still too big...

Does anyone remember playing RedHawke's Jawa Shop? I cannot recall the module he used, but it was the right size maybe, and sandy/dusty enough that with a reskin it could work.

The big issue is VO. It would be less interesting a place to visit with text-only dialogue.

VO wouldn't be a problem if when you first meet Jolee and he runs away to his hut; when you get there he's not outside but instead is inside his hut- then all the dialogue before he joins your party could take place inside his hut.

E.g; "Pull up a stump." 

Making it interesting would be a different challenge, what about pieces of his ship he crashed in, what about a spiral staircase which the PC can't use but we can assume leads to where he washes etc lol, crystals maybe in a wicker bin which he gathered from the Forest floor or even a dish of fruit- some of the wookie offerings he told us about? 

The issue is finding a model in-game that is properly small

p.s. he mentions the model was from a house in Rwookrrorro village

The module in redhawkes jawa shop is the droid shop module where you buy HK47, 

I made a small Jolee hut mod a while back, but people don't want the module I've used i'm guessing.

post-17976-0-06456900-1487355548_thumb.jpgpost-17976-0-82531600-1487355549_thumb.jpgpost-17976-0-51694500-1487355551_thumb.jpg

P.s the reskin is Xarwarz reskin :D

I made a small Jolee hut mod a while back, but people don't want the module I've used i'm guessing.

attachicon.gifjoleehut.jpgattachicon.gifjoleehut2.jpgattachicon.gifjoleehut3.jpg

Nice looking hut. Would download if it was a released mod.

Interesting, I just found a document I got in 2008 in one of my backup folders, it's about adding a custom module and uses a Wookiee hut as an example. See the attachment.

Module Tutorial.pdf

• Like 1

I remember seeing that mod. But I never got to it before the filefront went down.

It's the biggest thing about K1 that has bothered me. I would love it if it were done.

FML, I use to know how to do things!

It's almost ready for a release, I just can't figure out how to go out of his hut and go directly outside to where Jolee's standing. I only get this: 

post-17976-0-54108500-1487758190_thumb.jpg

I then spawn right where the basket comes down in the upper shadowlands. 

The transition is either a door or a trigger. Whichever it is, in the .git there is a field LinkedTo. Create a waypoint in the shadowlands with a unique tag, then write that tag into LinkedTo.

Actually, I think it's the perfect size...but I think it should be a little darker, or dingier...not sure. Jolee never struck me as a "neat-freak" or OCD. Just my two cents...

Actually, I think it's the perfect size...but I think it should be a little darker, or dingier...not sure. Jolee never struck me as a "neat-freak" or OCD. Just my two cents...

I know what you mean, it should be a dingy swamp hut really judging by the outside. The protocol droid is his butler, which explains the neat chairs haha. 

In addition to what Bead-v said, you also need to change the LinkedToModule field to the name of the shadowlands module, kas_m24aa.

After a few exchanges and some patience from bead-v you're able to see the correct module name and you come out directly outside his hut. Thanks for the advice though. 

Admin: link to djh269's Modder's Resource

• Like 2