Darth Paulus

New Toydarians in KotOR II

Hi, I have an idea for a mod that would change the appearance of Toydarian characters Quello and Fassa (TSLRCM version). I know they are pretty minor characters in KotOR II but it always bothered me that they look all grey and naked (all other Toydarians in Star Wars are blue-ish and clothed). Also it would be cool if they would look unique.  Thanks a lot if anyone will do this!  :handy:

Thanks! However, this is only half the solution. I don t mind the hat. What bothers me is that they look naked. And still, Quello is even more minor character than Fassa. 

There's only a single Toydarian appearance as far as I know, so any change should affect all instances.

I'd suggest clothes would require an extensive remodelling of the Toydarian mesh, which is highly unlikely to be undertaken by anyone.

I did a toydarian clothing retex a long while back by literally painting them on. The results were less than fantastic, but at least it wasn't naked..

I did a toydarian clothing retex a long while back by literally painting them on. The results were less than fantastic, but at least it wasn't naked..

Well, this could be somewhat sufficient for the time being. Even less than fantastic is better than the current state. :-)

Here's a picture of it

K2_00111_2.jpg

I basically took the vest texture and cut pieces off then pasted them onto the Toydarian to create makeshift "clothes". If you would like, I can send you the .tga via PM.

Yeah. I figured Watto was the most accurate example of Toydarian attire, and he wears crotchless leggings in the movies.

Edit: After looking through some images from the movies, Watto may wearing some sort of leather thong, which is possibly one of the weirder things I've typed..

I could try fashioning pants, but they might look strange.

Fassa never had these problems when he was a twi'lek...

Leather thong....I can't believe I've heard those 2 words put together...and on Deadly Stream....

Here's a picture of it

I basically took the vest texture and cut pieces off then pasted them onto the Toydarian to create makeshift "clothes". If you would like, I can send you the .tga via PM.

That picture looks like his belly is uncovered, not his crotch. Here's a link to a  picture of Watto: http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/6/6e/Wattoep2promotionalfull.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20081222024850

*Notice how his "thong" sticks out.* (*=the worst sentence I've typed).

Alright. A few hours of work, and now he can go out in public without incurring those pesky common decency fines.

As I anticipated, it looks a little odd on the Toydarians, but not too much...

K2_00118_3.jpg

Unfortunately, everything I had previously done looks much worse in comparison now (This was one of my oldest retextures), so I'm probably going to revisit this whole thing and probably switch a lot around. :P

Wow, that's actually quite good. Model might need a slight update though to make it look like there is actual volume to his clothing.

Would there be different versions for both Quello and Fassa?

Would probably require a new row in appearance.2da and then a .utc edit of either Quello or Fassa to use the new row, but it'd be entirely possible if Malkior wants to do a second version of clothing.

Would probably require a new row in appearance.2da and then a .utc edit of either Quello or Fassa to use the new row, but it'd be entirely possible if Malkior wants to do a second version of clothing.

Or edit the Toydarian row in appearance.2da so that they look different with and without clothing for example and then change one of their inventories. That is, if they are allowed to wear clothing or some other kind of armor item.

Or edit the Toydarian row in appearance.2da so that they look different with and without clothing for example and then change one of their inventories. That is, if they are allowed to wear clothing or some other kind of armor item.

That'd be an interesting idea... a Toydarian party member, complete with different armor models... so freaking tempting. :)

• Like 1

That'd be an interesting idea... a Toydarian party member, complete with different armor models... so freaking tempting. :D

I somehow doubt that they have all the necessary animations ;)

So far, I'm liking the ideas. :) I believe people may also want the Toydarian from Azgath N'Dul to look different as well.. ;)

• Like 1