djnugent

SW-The Old Republic-Worth it or not...?

5 hours ago, Talyn82 said:

I knew Revan and Bastila must've had a child.  I don't know how but I think she said so in the hologram T3M4 plays for the exile.  I don't remember.

The hologram T3-M4 plays for the Exile in KotOR 2 never mentioned Bastila and Revan having any child. Nothing in KotOR 2 ever mentioned that. Only SWTOR and the Revan novel made Revan and Bastila have a child.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2018 at 12:06 AM, Leilukin said:

The hologram T3-M4 plays for the Exile in KotOR 2 never mentioned Bastila and Revan having any child. Nothing in KotOR 2 ever mentioned that. Only SWTOR and the Revan novel made Revan and Bastila have a child.

My mistake then.  I must it read it somewhere else and somehow thought I heard it when T3M4 plays the Bastila hologram.

So subscribed to the six month subscription.  I am playing as a Jedi Guardian.  Despite Revan and the Exile being canonized in the books.  I still enjoy the game.  I had to create a new character cause I like the bulky body type for my guardian.

I think I fucked up.  I bought some Sith outfit via the Cartel Market with my Jedi and I was wondering if there was anyway I could give it to my Sith character?  It's still in a package I have not opened it.

If you bought it off the Cartel Market, the container is probably bound to you, but you should be able to open it to get the items from it. They will be temporarily bound to you for around 12-24 hours, after which they can be mailed to your alt or put in Legacy storage. Just don't equip the items, as they will be Bind on Equip.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DarthParametric said:

If you bought it off the Cartel Market, the container is probably bound to you, but you should be able to open it to get the items from it. They will be temporarily bound to you for around 12-24 hours, after which they can be mailed to your alt or put in Legacy storage. Just don't equip the items, as they will be Bind on Equip.

Oh ok.  What a relief.  How do I mail it?  Or where and how do I use Legacy Storage?  Do I have to buy a stronghold?

You can mail the items once the temporary bind restriction wears off (you should see the countdown timer if you mouseover the items). As a sub you should be able to attach up to 10 items to an in-game mail I think? Preferred only get 1 attachment per mail. Just go to any mailbox, like on the fleet or other hubs. All your alt characters should automatically appear in the autocomplete list once you start typing their name in the To field.

Legacy storage is basically a shared cargo hold that all your characters on the same server can access. It's an easy way to share stuff between your characters. It can be unlocked for your personal starships, but it will cost either Cartel Coins or credits. I think it is probably something like 5 or 10 million creds. Not sure what the CC cost is.

Alternatively, you can buy both Personal and Legacy storage decorations for a Stronghold. If you want to buy a Stronghold, Coruscant and Dromund Kaas are the cheapest. Or you can visit a publicly accessible Stronghold (check out the Stronghold directory on the Fleet or capital planet) and use theirs.

• Like 1

I will either mail it or buy the Legacy Storage when I bu a Stronghold on Coruscant.  I know I bout one for my Sith Stronghold.

4 minutes ago, DarthParametric said:

Strongholds are shared. You don't need to buy one for each character. All your characters can go to any of your Strongholds, even ones on enemy faction capital worlds (they just can't exit to the planet).

Oh I did not know that.  As soon as I get off of Tython I will go to it.  I assume Coruscant is next world?

You don't need to finish Tython. You can teleport to an existing Stronghold as soon as you get out of character creation and the initial cutscene. Just go to the Stronghold list in the UI (or hit the "U" shortcut key).

SWTOR_UI_Strongholds.jpg.2f09458d02638ef6284d97284579a00b.jpg

And you can teleport back to where you came from via clicking the "Exit Area" button above the minimap:

SWTOR_UI_Exit_Stronghold.jpg.1c9284c84d76881a7e557692fb26b750.jpg

It will pop up a dialogue with some choices of where to teleport to.

• Like 1

I just started playing again. Really miss my former guild. Don't know if I'll be able to put much time into this game without them on anymore.

47 minutes ago, Canderis said:

I just started playing again. Really miss my former guild. Don't know if I'll be able to put much time into this game without them on anymore.

I was a member of a guild 2 years ago.  The same week I joined the guild leader vanished.  After several weeks missing I was given control of the guild.  That was the only social interaction I had.  I'm basically a loner and enjoy the single player aspect more.

Hey has anyone done this?  I've played both K1 and K2 so many times, that when spotting an enemy in TOR I hit the spacebar trying to pause the game so I can issue commands. :p

Anybody still playing it? I've recently returned. I'm on Darth Malgus.

I am new to the game. I already played as both jedis and sith warrior. In this moment I am collecting the HK-51 parts and once finished I will play as an inquisitor. I am kind of busy so it will take time to play the other 4 class and even longer to play as the outlander.

Just got caught up to the most recent update. A guild officer on Star Forge.

Yes, I started up again too.

Xmas is usually a good time to sub just because of the sales and stuff they start to have. I just unlocked a bunch of armors for about 1/4 the cost it would have otherwise, which is cool.