VarsityPuppet

Batman v. Superman or Civil War?

I don't know how many here follow such things, but in addition to Star Wars I am psyched for two upcoming movies.

Both of their trailers have been released close to one another and it seems like they've been competing ever since they were first announced.

So which do you think will be the better movie?

Batman v. Superman?

http://youtu.be/yViIi3gie2c

Or Civil War?

(My vote is for Civil War)

Thats a tough one, I think civil war will be a larger scale but from the few trailers I have seen from batman vs Superman, it seems so dark (although I hate the dude who is playing Superman)... I think it would have to go to Civil war

This is a toss up for me.

I'm nervous that Civil War is going to try incorporating too many heros, and thus we'll loose some of the story. Also I'm a bit sad that they seem to be making Bucky the reason for the registration act. However, I still trust that Marvel can generate solid content - even if it is subpar when compared to other Marvel movies.

On the other hand, I am interested to see how DC will try to start their buildup for their own group movie.

Right now, I'm with Civil War...

I'm looking forward to Civil war! But Doomsday is in the batman vs superman film so I can't say if I'd prefer to watch it more haha

Winter Soldier was possibly the best Marvel movie so far, so I'm sure Civil War will be great, but I'm looking forward to Batman v Superman much more. I already know what to expect from Marvel, I want to see where DC goes with their cinematic universe.

I got less excited after that latest trailer, though. I don't like what I've seen of this Luthor so far, and it's too early for Doomsday. Only thing he's good for is to either kill Superman, or be killed to push Supes into some sort of Justice Lord territory, like in JLU cartoons (which, by the way, are great and anyone making a superhero flick should be taking inspirations from them). Either way, they should have kept Doomsday for sometime after the Justice League movie.

I concur zbyl2, winter soldier was my favourite film out of the MCU universe! The first film depicted Captain Americas fighting style as all over the place but he's a real bad ass in winter soldier. Doomsday is apparently Michael Shannon.... Who was brilliant as Zod

I highly doubt Doomsday will just get killed in this movie though. I also hate the fact that A. The new trailer for batman vs superman trumps the old ones because it displays a conclusion to the actual concept of the film.

And B. Because I really didn't want to see any of the major fight scenes In Civil war

Where can I see the trailer with Doomsday in it?

Nevermind. I don't like it that they strayed away from Doomsdays original comic book origins.

I think they'll both be bad.

Ben Affleck as Batman? Really? Who had that idea and what were they on? I will be astonished if he doesn't kill the whole film.

Civil War storyline? The same Civil War storyline that no-one liked? That complete broken mess - even trainwreck - of a storyline?

Admittedly, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2's adaption was good, very good - but I seriously doubt lightning will strike twice.

I hope the studios have learnt from their mistake from the new fantastic four movie with the display of Dooms new powers, they made me laugh

I think they'll both be bad.

Ben Affleck as Batman? Really? Who had that idea and what were they on? I will be astonished if he doesn't kill the whole film.

Civil War storyline? The same Civil War storyline that no-one liked? That complete broken mess - even trainwreck - of a storyline?

Admittedly, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2's adaption was good, very good - but I seriously doubt lightning will strike twice.

Come on though, Marvel have done a great job with their cinematic universe, im sure civil war will be just as good, if not better than what they have released thus far... After seeing that Batman vs Superman trailer, I am also irritated, I think they are trying to do too much too soon in that movie with two antagonists when the film is supposed to be about Batman and supermans conflict

The least of this movie's problems, I feel.

• Like 1

The least of this movie's problems, I feel.

From the trailers, I think Ben Affleck looks like he fits the role well. Henry Cavill as Superman is what really frustrates me, he acted in one of the worst superman movies (IMO) of the lot of them, I could not stand it

What exactly is wrong with Affleck as Batman again? There was a lot of bitching about it back when they first cast him, but from what we've seen so far he looks like the best thing about the movie. Please, explain to me why he's terrible without mentioning Daredevil.

I don't particularly want them to kill Doomsday, because that would be too much like Man of Steel, but I don't know what else they can do with a villain like that. Unless Batman figures out a way to send him to a Phantom Zone, which could be cool I guess.

The biggest problem with Cavill's acting in Man of Steel was that he had nothing to do in his own movie (and that the movie was terrible). I liked him as Clark in the latest trailer, though.

• Like 1

What exactly is wrong with Affleck as Batman again?

There was a lot of bitching about it back when they first cast him, but from what we've seen so far he looks like the best thing about the movie. Please, explain to me why he's terrible without mentioning Daredevil.

I honestly don't know. He's been great in movies that he's done recently. And yes, while Daredevil was not great, Ben Afleck was not the bad part, IMO.

It was all the early 2000's nu metal :/

I've honestly thought since it was announced that he'd do great as Batman.

The biggest problem with Cavill's acting in Man of Steel was that he had nothing to do in his own movie (and that the movie was terrible). I liked him as Clark in the latest trailer, though.

I like Henry Cavill as an actor.

The solution is get someone other than Zak Snyder to direct... well, have someone else write the screenplay.

7 super hero movies next year if i do believe, the one I'm not overly confident about is suicide squad. Dead pool looks funny as hell but I fear the two biggest films mentioned above will be too cluttered, and not really build a good back story for the villains, which is what I think is the reason why I think Netlflx and Marvels Daredevil/Jessica Jones did so well; you actually feel a hint of sympathy for the villains, who are depicted as quite vile and atrocious people.

7 super hero movies next year if i do believe, the one I'm not overly confident about is suicide squad. Dead pool looks funny as hell but I fear the two biggest films mentioned above will be too cluttered, and not really build a good back story for the villains, which is what I think is the reason why I think Netlflx and Marvels Daredevil/Jessica Jones did so well; you actually feel a hint of sympathy for the villains, who are depicted as quite vile and atrocious people.

Civil War has the same team behind it as Winter Soldier. Same directors and same screenplay writers. That doesn't necessarily guarantee that it'll be a good movie, but keep in mind Avengers characters were included in that as well, yet the focus stayed on Captain America, mainly

• Like 1

I like Henry Cavill as an actor.

The solution is get someone other than Zak Snyder to direct... well, have someone else write the screenplay.

I think Snyder could make a great superhero movie if he was paired with a talented writer. If you look up random clip from Man of Steel, it looks pretty cool. It just gets boring after a while, and the whole boss fight against Zod was an hour long, and nothing particularly interesting happened before that.

Insert Snyder's action scenes to a good script, though, and you just might get something decent out of it. I really hope that's the case with Batman v Superman.

not really build a good back story for the villains, which is what I think is the reason why I think Netlflx and Marvels Daredevil/Jessica Jones did so well; you actually feel a hint of sympathy for the villains, who are depicted as quite vile and atrocious people.

Oh yeah, David Tennant was the best villain Marvel put on screen and

they really shouldn't have killed him :(

Come on though, Marvel have done a great job with their cinematic universe, im sure civil war will be just as good, if not better than what they have released thus far... After seeing that Batman vs Superman trailer, I am also irritated, I think they are trying to do too much too soon in that movie with two antagonists when the film is supposed to be about Batman and supermans conflict

Gonna be honest, I found most of the MCU so far pretty meh...

In any case I'm not sure you realise how unsalvageable the Civil War storyline is. It was a planetary alignment when MUA2 got it right. Odds of it happening again are pretty slim.

On the bright side: Black Panther

The issue with MCU is how repetitive it's becoming... instead of: OH BOY ANOTHER MARVEL MOVIE, it's: ok, let's see what they're doing.

Still, the trailer looks good. I never read the comics, but as a casual fan I can say it looks good... but that final line has me itching my head. When, if ever, were Captain American and Iron Man friends in the MCU? As far as I can remember, they were rivals always snipping at each other for the most part.

As for Batman v. Superman... Couldn't that have just put the title as Dawn of Justice? Would have been far better, less of a mouthful. I'm not convinced by Jesse Eisenberg as Lex, and the trailer wasn't exactly promising.... They basically ran through the entire plot for the most part, and that's just bad...

Overall: Civil war is going to be the better movie, because I haven't seen anything from the DC heads that proves they are gonna match up. the last good DC movie was the Dark Knight (rises sucked and Man of Steel was meh at best).

That's a fair assessment, Doctor Evil.

Marvel is starting to become repetitive. Half of phase 2 was great, the other half not so much. I'm excited to see what they do with the new properties such as Doctor Strange, Black Panther, GotG 2 and Ant-Man & The Wasp. They really need to step up their game though so each of these can actual stand apart from the rest.

Part of me is worried that Civil War might just be The Winter Soldiet again, but less good :/

I still don't really know how Batman v Superman will turn out. I feel like it will be mixed, just like Man of Steel.

But let me reiterate: I do want to see Batman v Superman. I like Henry Cavill and Ben Afleck and Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman totally works IMO

I'm worried about Lex Luthor and Doomsday though...

So I'm not sure which one I prefer, but I'm leaning more toward Captain America: Civil War or what it has referred to by many people (including some of the actors) Avengers 2.5. I have really just been put off by everything I'm seeing from Dawn of Justice especially with the latest trailer that revealed way too much. It was like DC/Warner Brothers saw the Civil War trailers and said that they have throw everything at everyone now in order to show that there is a reason to go see their movie. It's looking less and less like a movie about Batman and Superman coming to blows and more and more like Justice League of America the Movie Episode Zero.

Civil war. No contest.

DC is overglorified.

Marvel always comes out on top of DC IMO.

I heard though, someone will be dying in civil war, I'm not sure how much i like that.

Hey though! In 15-20 years, I'll be able to watch these movies with my kids! And in that time, they'll be like movies from the 90s compared to the stuff they'll have in twenty years.

Civil war. No contest.

DC is overglorified.

Marvel always comes out on top of DC IMO.

I heard though, someone will be dying in civil war, I'm not sure how much i like that.

Hey though! In 15-20 years, I'll be able to watch these movies with my kids! And in that time, they'll be like movies from the 90s compared to the stuff they'll have in twenty years.

That is pretty big assumption... especially considering the best superhero trilogy from the 2000's thus far was a DC franchise (Christopher Nolans batman series which IMO is alot better than any film marvel has chucked out lately)

• Like 1