134340Goat

Do you usually play light or dark?

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you usually play light or dark?

• More frequently, I play a light sided playthrough.
    • More frequently, I play a dark sided playthrough.

I'm quite surprised to learn most members play dark side quite infrequently and more often than not go light.

I'm the other way around. Perhaps I'm just a sadist xD but it's fun to garner more XP by killing innocent civillians, looting them, and running off with whatever early reward you may be getting. Also beneficial getting more credits and whatnot.

"Maybe I don't like your face. Maybe I'll remove it."

Aside from that.... come on, Force Storm, anyone? Death Field? Force Crush in TSL? You know you love it

How about you guys? More frequently go LS or DS?

• Like 1

Really? I always though darkside was the more common thing... Well, it's generally what I pick anyway.

light side offers more of a challenge, although my first play through was dark and I actually prefer telling people to walk off of balconies than saving them and saying nice things. This was the first game that let me kill the guy who wouldn't let me through an unopened door. Ridiculously evil, However lightening spam got too much for me and I converted to the good old "beat your opponent with a sci-fi light infused stick" approach. and now I have skin as smooth as someone who isn't a zombie, it's nice. I never just chose not to use the lightening since if there's a chocolate bar within reach I will eat it, if there's a zap your enemies dead button I'll press it.

I never managed to do a full dark side playthrough.

Whenever I play a game with choices/moral system I always play the good guy and if I manage to get myself to try a dark playthrough I always end up with a kinda selfish and arrogant character but never with a sadist.

I don't know why but I always feel horrible when doing dark side choices...

I tend to play lightside but use loads of ds powers...

Except Revan, I almost always go evil when playing as Revan. Sometimes I'm lovely and nice... then turn ds at the last minute and kill everyone...

I've never liked playing an asshat or an evil character. There is only one instance in both games when I pick the "jerk" option, the mind trick on Nar Shaddaa. 

Even from a gameplay perspective, the Light Side bonuses trump the Dark Side ones. Credit gain is only slightly higher in KotOR 1 as DS than LS, too.

I almost always do light side; I am not a person who enjoys being evil. I only really do dark side for the alternate experience, and most of my non-light characters have had interesting personalities that generally keep them from being completely dark... Actually, playing as a neutral character can be quite an interesting experience.

Dark Side may have some better abilities, but Light Side at least has Heal to help it out.

I prefer playing the darkside... Its alot more hilarious than the light side

I usually play ...chaotic neutral. I meta-game for the best gear/bonuses so I have been known to be a LS single saber watchman with Hanhar and HK bonuses, as well as a duel gunner with Mira...love the cross fire. I figure I'm 30/70 LS/DS

I only play light. However, I might do a dark side playthrough. Although I have no idea on how to turn all of my companions into Sith.

I only play light. However, I might do a dark side playthrough. Although I have no idea on how to turn all of my companions into Sith.

You could look it up in guides. That's what I did ;).

I almost always do light, whenever I attempt for a dark side character they always end up just about neutral

I've only done one dark playthrough, I cannot make evil choices it just breaks my heart, game or no. I cannot stand doing those terrible things, but I will admit I couldn't stop laughing after I made those guys hand me their credits and commit suicide at nar shadda! My only Dark side characters name was Mardo Drak. I liked the one dark side playthrough, mainly because I was sick of about 7 LS TSL playthroughs and 2 LS kotor playthroughs.

Otherwise. I can't be evil, i literally wanted to cry after I accidentally killed Zaalbars dad in K1... Or when you were mean to missions brother. Or when you acted like atton was stupid.

I've only done one dark playthrough, I cannot make evil choices it just breaks my heart, game or no. I cannot stand doing those terrible things, but I will admit I couldn't stop laughing after I made those guys hand me their credits and commit suicide at nar shadda! My only Dark side characters name was Mardo Drak. I liked the one dark side playthrough, mainly because I was sick of about 7 LS TSL playthroughs and 2 LS kotor playthroughs.

Otherwise. I can't be evil, i literally wanted to cry after I accidentally killed Zaalbars dad in K1... Or when you were mean to missions brother. Or when you acted like atton was stupid.

Come on, DS playthroughs are alot more funner IMO

Depends on the game, Kotor I's Dark Side playthrough is largely bland and unrewarding since it's so painfully one-dimensional, but at times it's fun

TSL it's 50/50... Dark Side playthroughs are often fun, and sometimes more rewarding than light side because of how different it turns out, and how Kreia basically bitch slaps you for killing the masters... there's a lot I can cite: Fantastic writing, chilling dialogue, and the Vaklu sequence of Onderon is far more enjoyable than the Talia sequence... (assuming Vaklu is dark side

• Like 1

Depends on the game, Kotor I's Dark Side playthrough is largely bland and unrewarding since it's so painfully one-dimensional, but at times it's fun

TSL it's 50/50... Dark Side playthroughs are often fun, and sometimes more rewarding than light side because of how different it turns out, and how Kreia basically bitch slaps you for killing the masters... there's a lot I can cite: Fantastic writing, chilling dialogue, and the Vaklu sequence of Onderon is far more enjoyable than the Talia sequence... (assuming Vaklu is dark side

Couldn't have said it better myself tbh!

I'd also like to state that TSL's dark side is far more enjoyable than K1's, i am currently doing a Dark Side play through where i play as a tank (i.e. A very strong and durable, yet stupid character), i am doing the tank play through on K1, and i've gotta say: It really is quite bland, and very very one sided. 

Couldn't have said it better myself tbh!

I'd also like to state that TSL's dark side is far more enjoyable than K1's, i am currently doing a Dark Side play through where i play as a tank (i.e. A very strong and durable, yet stupid character), i am doing the tank play through on K1, and i've gotta say: It really is quite bland, and very very one sided. 

I can agree with you on the most part. Many Korriban dark side choices are good though