Sign in to follow this  
211darthrevan443

Sith Pure Blood Head

At long last, the first Pureblood head made for kotor, I think. Kainzorus Prime requested this one, so I have fulfilled it. UPDATE: I have made the hair darker, and changed eyes to brown, but I could not add detail to the tentacles because they are stretched vertices, so the texture is stretched, added DS transitions. download to see for yourself.

Behold!

Updated download file, apologies for the inconvenience

post-16392-0-18153600-1438642575_thumb.png

Sith PureBlood.rar

• Like 3

At long last, the first Pureblood head made for kotor, I think. Kainzorus Prime requested this one, so I have fulfilled it.

Behold!

Well thats a very nice start - i like it! 

The tentacle could use a bit more structure and the face a little more detail though - but that might be something makehuman could solve...

anyway, its promising!

A unique and interesting idea, to be sure. I second Jorak's sentiment, perhaps a tad more depth and structure to the dangling tendrils to really emphasise just how 'fleshy' they are :)

Seems like you got the hang of editing head models, good job!

thank you

Well thats a very nice start - i like it! 

The tentacle could use a bit more structure and the face a little more detail though - but that might be something makehuman could solve...

anyway, its promising!

I have very sucky internet, so I don't think I can download makehuman right now, but maybe...

Technically, there is a Naga Sadow head out there. However, this has great potential. Can't wait to see what you do with this.

Just wondering, but how come this is in Mod Releases? I don't see a link to the mod anywhere...

Just wondering, but how come this is in Mod Releases? I don't see a link to the mod anywhere...

Sorry, working on it...

IDK how to use TSLpatcher, so you'll have to use kotor tools to modify the .2da's

And how do you think I should add DS transitions to a pure blood? I'm only familiar with Human DS

Sorry, working on it...

IDK how to use TSLpatcher, so you'll have to use kotor tools to modify the .2da's

And how do you think I should add DS transitions to a pure blood? I'm only familiar with Human DS

about DS transitions:

since Purebloods dont change their entire Skin tone when approaching DS, i think it still should be obvious, which Pureblood is "good" and which one "evil".

To do so, by comparison i figured that the some had dark shadows around the yellow sith eyes which made them look a lot more intimidating:

http://bestgamewallpapers.com/files/star-wars-the-old-republic/enraged-vindican_wide.jpg

I think that might be a way to go dark side, and contrasting to that to stay with the red eye/red skin standard look for LS.

Beside that, makehuman has a download size of 181 mb - idk if thats possible for you?

And before you finish the model i think it would look ages better if you could fix the tentacles to have round proportions.

[...]

How about:

yellow-ish eyes (like this specimen: http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101211095235/starwars/images/9/9c/Sith_Pureblood.jpg )

a sith-flag / branding on the forehead (like Naga Sadow: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071229171548/starwars/images/a/a3/NagaSadow2.jpg (who also has yellow eyes))

Regarding the skin itself:

Very Good BUT: The hair could be darker, most sith have black or dark brown hair, without that reddish tint. And most sith don't have red eyes. It's hard to spot in the comics, but they are mostly brown, yellow or black.

Regarding the model:

AWESOME!

Commendation: This is very well done. A few tweaks and it would be perfect. But as it is, it is still really well done.

TSLPatcher for something like this is really easy to learn, just read the included instructions .pdf and you should be able to make the needed installer.

About the head: It's looking really good already but I agree that the tentacles could use some work and the hair should be darker. And the darkside transition should be what the two posts before mine described.

And as a sidenote: If you present an unfinished mod, make a thread in the Work in Progress section. The release thread will be added when you upload the mod.

Sorry for the Necromancy!!

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but the head itself will NOT show up in game... The portrait works, but the head is invisible, in and out of character creation. How do I fix this?

edit: nevermind, fixed it myself

Edited by MrTalltree

Hey, I'm having some trouble getting this mod to work properly-I think I'm doing everything right, but the head isn't displaying and keeps crashing my game when I load it. Maybe a video would help?