Dragonrider364

SLM issues and other things

You probably want to update the mod if it was made for 1.8.3 rather than 1.8.3b (and it outright replaces .mod files rather than just add files to it, which is my preference)

crap, I really liked the idea of each character having their own unique lightsaber hilt.

Update:  Help, I accidentally deleted my lucasarts folder trying to remove the mod, i thought reinstalling the game would get it back but it didn't, now I can't add the holowan mod what do i do, what do I do?!!

crap, I really liked the idea of each character having their own unique lightsaber hilt.

Update:  Help, I accidentally deleted my lucasarts folder trying to remove the mod, i thought reinstalling the game would get it back but it didn't, now I can't add the holowan mod what do i do, what do I do?!!

??? 

If you installed the game from Steam, there will be no LucasArts folder. Instead your game folder is located in Steam, Steamapps, Common, Knights of the Old Republic II.

Dunno how I had a lucasarts folder then.  And I tried installing the holowan duplisaber mod into the game with the steamapps kotor 2 folder and it didn't work. Maybe someone could link me the previous version of the restored content mod then?  1.8.3?  because SLM doesn't have a 1.8.3B version and I don't know how to access standard 1.8.3 :(

No links to old versions of TSLRCM will be provided on the forums nor will advice be given on fixing old versions.  The reasons they make new versions of TSLRCM is to fix problems.

Consult this video if you need to learn how to install TSLRCM

Kaidon Jorn, we have a compatibility problem with M4-78EP. The cutscene with M4-78 and ES-05 keeps crashing.

Kaidon Jorn, we have a compatibility problem with M4-78EP. The cutscene with M4-78 and ES-05 keeps crashing.

Okay, but...

1. What were your character set-ups?

2. Were you or any of your party members using the new lightsabers?

3. Did you try it multiple times with different lightsabers?

4. Have you tried it with the normal, original lightsabers with the mod installed?

He needs some sort of a starting point, otherwise you just told him, "Hey, we lost the watch back in Ukraine! Find it!"...

Okay, but...

1. What were your character set-ups?

2. Were you or any of your party members using the new lightsabers?

3. Did you try it multiple times with different lightsabers?

4. Have you tried it with the normal, original lightsabers with the mod installed?

He needs some sort of a starting point, otherwise you just told him, "Hey, we lost the watch back in Ukraine! Find it!"...

I was a level 31 Jedi Guardian/Jedi Weapon Master, plenty of party members and myself were using the new lightsabers.

Yeah gimme a while - I'm having to start from scratch and reinstall the entire game and mods. Not even finished with a new build of SLM. 

I tried again, this time with no new lightsabers equipped on me. But the scene with Sith Holocron- I mean M4-78 continued crashing when ES-05 was supposed to disappear.

Until I can get a new version of SLM out and fix compatibilty with M4-78 1.1B, you could just go into SLM's backup folder and replace 805DRO.mod into the game's Modules folder. 

No, when you come back up from the dormitories level to the main part of the mining facility she is standing there and says "We must leave at once" or whatever. She will ignite her lightsaber.

(You cannot use her lightsaber, and it isn't upgradeable, but you can use Kreia to cut through locked doors!) 

So yeah, once she joins you she should have it.

Running into a bit of an issue with Kreia's lightsaber.

Kreia got her lightsaber just fine, and it might have been a mod conflict, but for the life of me I can't get her lightsaber back on Citadel Station.  Kreia's lightsaber vanished after Peragus and didn't show up in the Telos Security Lockers.  I even tried talking to Kreia like a reviewer on SLM suggested and no dice.  I'm going to try a reinstall and see if that fixes it, but since the lightsaber disappearing has happened before, I thought I'd bring it up here.

I really like this mod and its prior incarnation in HOTOR, so you do great work Jorn and keep it up.

One last little thing:  I know that NPC Overhaul can work with SLM if Overhaul goes first, but it looks to me like both mods go into the module folder to make changes...if there's a way to make them a bit more compatible, that would be very cool. 

Once again, great work and thanks for the wonderful mod.

One last little thing:  I know that NPC Overhaul can work with SLM if Overhaul goes first, but it looks to me like both mods go into the module folder to make changes...if there's a way to make them a bit more compatible, that would be very cool. 

The thing is, they insert files into the .mod modules or edit existing ones to add them to the level. The only other way of doing it would be to hijack the behaviour that happens when you enter a level, which can be a BIG source of incompatibilities...

Running into a bit of an issue with Kreia's lightsaber.

Kreia got her lightsaber just fine, and it might have been a mod conflict, but for the life of me I can't get her lightsaber back on Citadel Station.  Kreia's lightsaber vanished after Peragus and didn't show up in the Telos Security Lockers.  I even tried talking to Kreia like a reviewer on SLM suggested and no dice.  I'm going to try a reinstall and see if that fixes it, but since the lightsaber disappearing has happened before, I thought I'd bring it up here.

I really like this mod and its prior incarnation in HOTOR, so you do great work Jorn and keep it up.

Once again, great work and thanks for the wonderful mod.

Kreia loses her hand respectively her lightsaber so you are not supposed to get her lightsaber back however in the future she might just build another one ...

^^^^^

this guy gets it.

Kreia's original saber was left behind on the Harbinger because she ran away from Sion.

I hope you didn't reinstall the mod on account of that. if so,...sorry dude.

i suppose I should make a tutorial or a walkthrough or whatever.

And basically, about NPC Overhaul....

What I do is to extract TSLRCM modules with KotOR Tool into a folder to make my changes to, add scripts and edit dialogs and entries in the .git file etc etc.

So I'm actually thinking that NPC Overhaul should go first (edited) if all it does is edit appearances with TSL Patcher.

It's when you start editing weapons in hand and dropped loot that it gets tricky.

I am downloading that mod right now to find out exactly what it does.

Edit: Ooohhhh...uuhmmm...not good. 

Yeah ok, I got alot to do huh?

Edit2: Well it's not that much actually, just waiting to hear back from Kainzorus

Edited by Kaidon Jorn

Okay, guess that one's on me...I'm used to Kreia getting her 'saber back since she did with USM and HOTOR.  Thanks for clarifying that.

Sorry to make more work for you EDIT:Jorn.  :(

Thanks for the replies to my question and all your hard work.  And thanks for being patient with the nut behind my keyboard. :P

EDIT: Sorry for getting your name wrong.   :wallbash: