Eh, that would be with the baseitems.2da

Thought about making them their own items but I dont know think that would help the cm_baremetal being all over it.

Yeah I dont know. The whole robe_Geo mesh was cm_baremetal, when it was supposed to be seperate from the rest of the model and textures. Even when I removed the Alpha channel from the robe texture.

All I can think is it won't matter because both textures are on the same model.

Well, I give up again. I tried it. Cant get it to work. Thanks all, appreciate the help, really!

The issue with cubemaps is that IIRC, if there's no Alpha layer, it just makes the whole thing metallic. You would definitely want to change the corresponding 2da to use either no EnvmapTexture, or add a TXI that changes it to something that isn't "baremetal". (Did adding a "blending punchthrough" TXI work at all?)

The issue with cubemaps is that IIRC, if there's no Alpha layer, it just makes the whole thing metallic. You would definitely want to change the corresponding 2da to use either no EnvmapTexture, or add a TXI that changes it to something that isn't "baremetal". (Did adding a "blending punchthrough" TXI work at all?)

No, it didn't. 

My guess is the way texture variants work for bodies, it doesn't like multiple textures. You get a similar thing with heads where it will ignore secondary textures when the primary texture is specified in heads.2da

Awww, why didn't I think of this before?

Just remove the freyed robe for an intact one. Personally I think I'd rather have the shiny armor parts tbh, but would other peope miss the shredded robes?

So it's either or..robe shredding or shiny armor pieces.

You be the judge.

Unless somebody wants to have a crack at it who better knows what they're doing. I could do the preliminary work (again :P) and post the files.

Edited by Kaidon Jorn

No they don't. But at this point there's no way to stop the baremetal texture from applying itself right over the shredded part of the robe. So the only other way to fix it would be to copy and paste a whole robe into the map section for it.

Not to mention that was the entire reason I was revisiting this mod in the first place - because I had only just discovered how to make the armor parts shiny.

The original version will still be there, (but you have to use KSE or cheat code them in) but I think I'm going to finish this up and get it out soon.