Sith Holocron

Knights of the Fallen Empire

The SWTOR official Fallen Empire page is live and here are all the info on the latest SWTOR expansion coming this October.

First . . . the trailer. The full GCI trailer for Knights of the Fallen Empire, titled Sacrifice, is now available on Bioware’s Youtube channel but I've added it below.

Now the details . . .

SWTOR Knights of the Fallen Empire Official Expansion Info

Overview

A man can have anything… If he’s willing to sacrifice everything.

Step into an epic story-driven adventure as your character becomes The Outlander, a veteran of the Great Galactic War. A third faction threatens the galaxy as we know it, and your choices will determine the fate of both the Sith Empire and Galactic Republic. Knights of the Fallen Empire includes the first nine chapters, fueled by BioWare-style cinematic storytelling, that kicks off a new player-driven story arc that puts you at the center of a conflict where your choices have impact on outcomes including unexpected twists and betrayals. Choose your path…join or betray companions, old and new…and shape the future of the entire galaxy as well as your own. Best of all, this is only the beginning…

THE ADVENTURE BEGINS ON OCTOBER 27TH, FREE FOR ALL SUBSCRIBERS! PREPARE TO FACE YOUR DESTINY.

Features

Continuous Storyline. Choices that matter. BioWare Storytelling. And MORE.

• CHOICES THAT MATTER
    Be at the center of a personal Star Wars™ story where choices matter and impact outcomes.
  • START AT LEVEL 60
    You will become The Outlander, a Level 60 veteran of the Great Galactic War.
  • BUILD AN ALLIANCE
    Build a team of hand-picked allies to join your alliance; meet new companions and reunite with existing companions ready to offer you their loyalty.
  • YOUR PERSONAL SAGA
    Play one of eight class stories enhanced to offer a deeper, more accessible experience purely focused on immersing you in a personal Star Wars story.
  • CONTINUOUS STORY
    This is only the beginning of an evolving Star Wars story, new chapters released on a regular basis.
  • Very early on in Knights of Fallen Empire, you are frozen in carbonite. When you are awoken, years have passed and you quickly learn that Empire/Republic - as you have known it - have all fallen.
  • Five new companions will be available, with very different allegiances
  • The story picks up right from end of the trailer. You are an Outlander. You can either use existing level 60 characters or create a new level 60 character right from the start.
  • Brand new companions and new stories with new companions.
  • New iconic abilities for each class, everything you can expect from a Bioware RPG when you level up.
  • To recruit help, you will need to travel around the galaxy and do missions to make yourself favorable to them.”If you want to recruit a character who’s favorable to the Mandalorians, you’ll be able to do missions for them. You want to recruit a character who hates the Hutts, you’ll do missions to build your alliance standing against them." You are able to recruit help and additional companions from an expanded cast, including companions who were previously exclusive to other classes.
  • It's still a MMO . . . just very streamlined. 
  • They are still doing flashpoints, operations, raids bosses, and pvp but it is all about story this year.
  • Like 1

Meeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhh

I'll get around to it.

After Fallout 3...

And Skyrim.....

And Fallout 4...

And Zelda Wii U...

It's not high on my list.

Funny, BioWare has always been at the top of my list, whereas everything Bethesda has disappointed me in some way.

It's about time to send SWTOR back to the classic BioWare cinematic storytelling. I'm pretty pumped. I better finish DA:I soon.

Funny, BioWare has always been at the top of my list, whereas everything Bethesda has disappointed me in some way.

It's about time to send SWTOR back to the classic BioWare cinematic storytelling. I'm pretty pumped. I better finish DA:I soon.

I think CD Project is what Bioware once was - these guys make not even slight compromises in quality at all, honestly forget about Inquisition and play Witcher 3, in terms of storytelling, interaction and atmosphere its overwhelmingly good - i never experienced this to that degree in any other game - ever. 

about the trailer: well these scenes remind me how cool a offline SWTOR would have been, MMOs by nature are way too big for developers to create a dense atmosphere with multiple cutscenes, subtle care for details and exiting combat system like in Mass Effect.

From my own perception, it looks like they have somehow managed to reboot their own game, which means they have another chance to deliver the highly interactive story they discussed in their developer documentaries and cinematics.

I'm not going to say that what they released was "bad" per se, but it fell very short of the goal of interactive storytelling of the level they promised, and instead turned into a grind to fight bosses.

I waited for years for that very promise of consistent "Bioware-level" storytelling, so I am also rather excited that they get another chance to deliver that experience.

(That said, I did like the set-pieces and absolutely enjoyed the way the party used cinematic voting to tell the story, but it started to become a slog when you ended up doing a bunch of random quests instead of your mission to save the galaxy.)

I think CD Project is what Bioware once was - these guys make not even slight compromises in quality at all, honestly forget about Inquisition and play Witcher 3, in terms of storytelling, interaction and atmosphere its overwhelmingly good - i never experienced this to that degree in any other game - ever. 

Honestly, I've seen videos of Witcher 3, and it looks decent, I'm just not as invested in that world as I am in Dragon Age. I have 303.5 hours invested in Dragon Age, almost half of that is in Inquisition.

Honestly, I've seen videos of Witcher 3, and it looks decent, I'm just not as invested in that world as I am in Dragon Age. I have 303.5 hours invested in Dragon Age, almost half of that is in Inquisition.

Believe me, i know Dragon Age very well too - do you remember the epic intro cutscene from Origins at the battle of Ostagar? 

Its these moments that make the game great - but Witcher 3? Oh Lord, its in a different league... Even a simple sidequest gives you the feeling - hey wow, what was that? I cant believe...

Just imagine: take the visual effects from Inquisition, the fighting system from Dark Souls, the character design/cinematic presentation from Mass Effect 2, a mission design  of Baldur's Gate 2 & Oblivion, the handpicked loot system from Gothic 2, the open world of Skyrim and on top of that, an unparalleled consequence system where almost every word you say has consequences like 20 hours later and merge that into one game - then you have a comparable product to Witcher 3.

I only can encourage you to play it, the best game I've ever played - by far!

Edit: Sorry for off-Topic.

Recently started playing TOR again. Mixed feelings about this, I like that we're getting more story, but it looks like it's a singular story, not even 2 faction-based stories that we've been getting. People asked for more class story, not just more story.

Also, most of the PvP/PvE guilds have already collapsed, this announcement will just hurry things along for the rest.

Recently started playing TOR again. Mixed feelings about this, I like that we're getting more story, but it looks like it's a singular story, not even 2 faction-based stories that we've been getting. People asked for more class story, not just more story.

Also, most of the PvP/PvE guilds have already collapsed, this announcement will just hurry things along for the rest.

While technically, KotFE looks to be a singular story, each time doing it will be unique because we can make our own choices like in KotOR I & II. Though, you do have a valid point that it is not individual class stories. As far as PvE & PvP guilds being collapsed, I'm not sure if you're on a low population server or thinking of a different game. Both PvE & PvP guilds are very active and haven't collapsed as yet, at least not on Ebon Hawk. Jung Ma, on the other hand...let's just say I'm glad my guild & I transferred when we did earlier this year. :D

While technically, KotFE looks to be a singular story, each time doing it will be unique because we can make our own choices like in KotOR I & II. Though, you do have a valid point that it is not individual class stories. As far as PvE & PvP guilds being collapsed, I'm not sure if you're on a low population server or thinking of a different game. Both PvE & PvP guilds are very active and haven't collapsed as yet, at least not on Ebon Hawk. Jung Ma, on the other hand...let's just say I'm glad my guild & I transferred when we did earlier this year. :D

I'm thinking you're probably not involved in progression PvE or ranked PvP then. There are only a hand full of guilds participating in progression PvE now, this time last year we needed several spreadsheets to cover them all. According to their own leaderboards, ranked PvP participation has dropped each and every season, most servers (read: all but 4) are lucky to get daily pops. 

Out of the top 5 progression guilds this time last year on Jedi Covenant only 1 remains.

Also they confirmed today that there will be no new operations in KOTFE, so good bye that one guild lmao.

and yes, just like Makeb, Rishi, and Yavin 4 are so different on every play-through..oh wait.

If only the game was as good as the cinematics

To be fair Bioware were not the people, who made those cinematic cut-scenes. It was Blur Studios, who also worked on the Halo Remake cinematic scenes.

Personally, I've lost faith in the game and it's story. For me, the SOR expansion wasn't really that good, and now the story is heading into a singular direction where your character story isn't going in it's own individual direction, but is instead forced onto the rails of the having to make the big choices for the entire galaxy because they were too dumb to make choices on their own, and couldn't be a giant boss 3 times their size.

-P.S. I didn't feel like proofreading what I typed so it probably sounds like a stupid rant and bashing on SWTOR.

I at least log in from time to time to buy the cosmetic armours from the GTN that come from those cartel packs.

For those that have actually played the new KOTFE expansion . . . I'd love to hear what you think! (This is just for the people that have played it.)

I suppose the same.

Though really sad they decide to make it a SW:TOR expansion with it's horrid system. I mean, if you want to make a new Star Wars storygame... MAKE A NEW GAME. One without crappy systems.

And yet they went this way.

• Like 1

I suppose the same.

Though really sad they decide to make it a SW:TOR expansion with it's horrid system. I mean, if you want to make a new Star Wars storygame... MAKE A NEW GAME. One without crappy systems.

And yet they went this way.

Yes I agree, most of the stories in TOR are good (apart from the characters they used from Kotor 1 and 2, they were all implemented really poorly and wrecked the Kotor era)... but the game mechanics make these good stories Unplayable at times, and I think the same could be said about KOTFE expansion. I enjoyed the story but the gameplay wrecks it

I will say what I always say - the most compelling way to tell a (somewhat) realistic story is either to novelize it or to make a movie. Star Wars is no different. I enjoy the mechanics of the game as I always have - it's an MMO, where party tactics matter in group content - so those didn't have any impact. Compared to what they did story-wise with the first two expansions, I'm finally in love with this game again. BioWare just needs to be kept honest.

It feels like I'm playing Dragon Age again, where any choice I make could come back to bite me later. The only thing that's holding this back, however, is how morality plays a huge role for choices in Star Wars games, unlike Dragon Age, where the only meter you have is companion approval. This hurts the replay-ability of KotFE a little, especially if you're like me and most choices you would make every time, because that's just how I role (play).

I haven't played through the entirety of what's available for KotFE as of yet (I just started Chapter 7), but I find myself wishing they'd skipped Rise of the Hutt Cartel and (most of) Shadow of Revan for it. This is a very interesting expansion. I haven't read any of the TOR novels, so going in, I didn't know much about the emperor whatsoever, and while I think the concept behind him is interesting, his presence in both vanilla* and Shadow of Revan felt fairly underwhelming. Seeing him in this expansion, however? I feel both his threat and insidiousness quite well. I feel an interesting echo of the exile's relationship with Kreia with Valkorion, but oddly, a bit more honest. 

That, and I'm very interested in what Senya has to say.

* - (From what I hear, you get the most of him from Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior, neither of which I've gotten far in.)

Mechanically speaking, though, I can only really compliment the TellTale-esque elements, and I haven't seen their endgame. I felt fairly annoyed with the aggressive peppering of skytroopers. Granted, for SWTOR, I'm much more about story and crafting than combat, but a lot of the encounters felt like a space filler.