Because there's something to be gained from each. Hanharr's influence tree gives some nice attribute bonuses and a good lesson from Kreia which increases Force points, and overall Hanharr is way better in combat with his Wookiee Rage and stuff. However, Mira is immune to mines and can become a Jedi, though I don't think she has anything to offter in terms of stats

Because there's something to be gained from each. Hanharr's influence tree gives some nice attribute bonuses and a good lesson from Kreia which increases Force points, and overall Hanharr is way better in combat with his Wookiee Rage and stuff. However, Mira is immune to mines and can become a Jedi, though I don't think she has anything to offter in terms of stats

Yeah... but doesn't that kind of character decision pro/con thing happen in RPGs all the time? Besides one or two points in a few attributes and five extra Force Points, there's no bonus to having Hanharr; conversely, besides being weak in Demolitions and thus can't pick up a mine, there is no way Mira could be any more useful.

Regardless of the character's physical usefulness, Darth Tyren already laid down good in-game reasons why the two can't be in the same group. Not only would you have to make a Mira version of Kreia's Hanharr cutscene in Visguis' base, Hanharr thinks she's dead. Throwing the two of them together in the same ship, knowing that one wants to kill the other, is just a recipe for disaster and chaos, breaking the mood in some cases, and most likely requiring cutscenes involving the two of them. I don't know about you, but I don't have Mira's VA on speeddial...

• Like 1

Came across a pretty big letdown

At the very end, I could only ask Kreia about the futures of Mira, Mandalore, and Visas. Nobody else would come up

Came across a pretty big letdown

At the very end, I could only ask Kreia about the futures of Mira, Mandalore, and Visas. Nobody else would come up

First off, is everyone else still alive/available?

Second, what other mods do you have installed?

I think that it also might have to do with the TSLPatcher not liking new blank fields in GFF files. One of the few trade-offs for compatibility.

First off, is everyone else still alive/available?

Second, what other mods do you have installed?

I think that it also might have to do with the TSLPatcher not liking new blank fields in GFF files. One of the few trade-offs for compatibility.

Yes, everyone was alive. Visas survived the Ravager, Mira survived Hanharr, Atton survived Sion, and I saved everyone from their prison cells

Only this and TSLRCM 1.8.3. Not sure if this will work with 1.8.4 now.

The only thing I can think of that may have screwed with this is I made a quicksave before freeing everyone, cause I wanted to test killing them first I noticed Disciple didn't die while Handmaiden in the same cell did)

I reloaded and then properly saved everyone. I wonder if that could have interfered with it?

Okay, well I know one way to make it work. It would entail replacing the dialog with the modified one rather than merging it, which I'm not sure is okay because I don't know if other mods would modify that file.

And thanks for pointing 1.8.4 out, I didn't notice it. The patch notes say that I may have a bit of cleaning up to do if this will work with the newest version of TSLRCM. That said, give me a while to think this through, and 1.2 will be on the way.

Excuse me guys, is it allowed to upload here some minor modifications while not being their author? I'm asking because filefront is down and I happen to be in possession of some that are not here in download section. Sorry for posting in inappropriate topic.

Excuse me guys, is it allowed to upload here some minor modifications while not being their author? I'm asking because filefront is down and I happen to be in possession of some that are not here in download section. Sorry for posting in inappropriate topic.

No.
  • Like 1

I just read through this topic and then it hit me. The scripting behind this mod could give opportunity to something completely new: New companions/ party members/ New Characters! Let's say we want another another companion instead of, let's say,  Goto. just use the Goto/newguy/switch to exchange them.

Would this theoretically be possible?

• Like 1

No. Because what this mod does is it doesn't replace one companion with the other. Trust me, I tried it that way and it didn't work.

In order to make it work like it does in the mod, one would have to add a new line to the npc.2da and recode the game to put that new companion in G0-T0's slot on the party table. Which won't happen.

However, one could add a new companion into the Mira/Hanharr slot (whichever is empty), just to replace one of them. But then you get into the logistical nightmare of influence and leftover dialogue from the companion that was replaced.

Seriously, I will report the next post that doesn't have anything to do with this thread. I find it quite annoying. If you have something to say or ask that doesn't have a place in this thread, shoot me a PM. Seriously, I don't mind answering your questions if they're asked the right way.

Back to topic, thanks to the TSLRCM team and their decision to post the list of files changed in the newest version, and Fair Strides for sending me the files (I really didn't feel like possibly having to reinstall the game again), I'm ready to start looking for the changes. I'll try to have 1.2 out by next weekend.

Update Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:35 AM
Alright all, PartySwap 1.2 is out today. I decided not to wait until Friday because I noticed that Wednesdays have kind of become my thing since the first release of this mod. Enjoy!

Click here for the file page!

• Like 1

(Its been a few years since I last played, so I may be missing a few key details, if so, just let me know)

Small question about how this works... is Handmaiden always the one on the armband, regardless of gender? How does that apply to off-the-ship cutscenes?

Example: Let's say I play a female exile and have both Handmaiden and Disciple. Disciple replaces Handmaiden on the character select... Now I know next time I exit the ship, I'll immediately be caught in a batlle with the Exchange or whatever. I want to exit the ship with Handmaiden and HK-47, so that she is in my party when the battle starts (so I also get her banter)... How would that work?

Regardless of the answer...love the idea of this mod...I really really do..can't wait to try it regardless.. along with 1.8.4 and the new Steam patch.... (so much glee right now).

(Its been a few years since I last played, so I may be missing a few key details, if so, just let me know)

Small question about how this works... is Handmaiden always the one on the armband, regardless of gender? How does that apply to off-the-ship cutscenes?

Example: Let's say I play a female exile and have both Handmaiden and Disciple. Disciple replaces Handmaiden on the character select... Now I know next time I exit the ship, I'll immediately be caught in a batlle with the Exchange or whatever. I want to exit the ship with Handmaiden and HK-47, so that she is in my party when the battle starts (so I also get her banter)... How would that work?

Regardless of the answer...love the idea of this mod...I really really do..can't wait to try it regardless.. along with 1.8.4 and the new Steam patch.... (so much glee right now).

Three things:

1.) Yes, because Disciple is available through the Party Selection Screen.

2.) That particular example - I don't remember ever having that happen in the game. Usually for something like that, the entire party spawns outside the ship (like on Nar Shaddaa).

3.) If you're going to use Steam, I'd suggest making sure you install using the TSLPatcher correctly by following the instructions here. (I haven't tried this method of installation, I don't know if it's worth it to get the game on Steam yet.)

Three things:

1.) Yes, because Disciple is available through the Party Selection Screen.

2.) That particular example - I don't remember ever having that happen in the game. Usually for something like that, the entire party spawns outside the ship (like on Nar Shaddaa).

3.) If you're going to use Steam, I'd suggest making sure you install using the TSLPatcher correctly by following the instructions here. (I haven't tried this method of installation, I don't know if it's worth it to get the game on Steam yet.)

1) Ok. Honestly, I prefer Handmaiden's face to Disciples ugly mug on the Party Screen, but no biggy. :P

2) Perhaps it is a trait limited to just KOTOR1. I remember having to constantly enter and exit the ship with multiple party configurations to get all the party specific cutscenes. Was worried, in case you couldn't "exit" with handmaiden.

3) I never use the workshop anyway, and I am only buying the steam version as a giant hug to them actually taking the effort to patch a game 10 years later. (Have all the original discs) We need more of that. But I will look through the guide, in case there's anything special i still need to do.

1) Ok. Honestly, I prefer Handmaiden's face to Disciples ugly mug on the Party Screen, but no biggy. :P

2) Perhaps it is a trait limited to just KOTOR1. I remember having to constantly enter and exit the ship with multiple party configurations to get all the party specific cutscenes. Was worried, in case you couldn't "exit" with handmaiden.

3) I never use the workshop anyway, and I am only buying the steam version as a giant hug to them actually taking the effort to patch a game 10 years later. (Have all the original discs) We need more of that. But I will look through the guide, in case there's anything special i still need to do.

1.) Sadly, Disciple is the one that gets loaded onto the screen because he has a higher number than Handmaiden in the npc.2da. Handmaiden is '4', while Disciple is '11'.

2.) I remember that happening a few times in KotOR, but I don't recall it happening in TSL. Essentially what will happen if you use this mod is if both of them are available to banter, the game will automatically read the one that has a higher node in the dialog, unless there is(should be) a gender check on that particular line of dialogue.

3.) I can respect that.

I'll assume swapping their positions in the 2da would make everything go boom?

Yes. A lot of rescripting and DLG Edtitng in the game would be needed. The biggest issue would be influence.

• Like 1

Updated for possible compatibility with M4-78EP. See the first post for the link.

I have a minor issue here but I'm not 100% sure it's Party Swap causing it. More like 80-90% sure.

In the Telos Academy, after freeing my party the scene where Atris gives the handmaiden her mission to follow the exile doesn't play. This is (as far as I can tell) regardless of my dialog choices when talking to Atris. No matter how I act - evil, neutral, selfish, good, messianic, even outright self-contradictory - the scene never triggers and as a result the handmaiden always joins my party by defying Atris.

My current playthrough is as a female exile. So far my choices have been exclusively light-sided.

I checked to see if version 1.8.4 of the restored content mod removes the scene and as far as I can tell it doesn't.

I have version 1.2a of Party Swap, version 1.8.4 of TSLRCM, version 1.2 of the M4-78 expansion. My game is fully patched.

I have quite a lot of other mods but only 2 affect the Telos Academy scripts.

These 2 are:

- SLM version 2.0 by Kaidon Jorn

- Handsister Fix by Varsity Puppet/VPcombat

Both seem unlikely to affect this scene

Could you please confirm if this scene not triggering is an oversight on your part, or down to some other error?

I have a minor issue here but I'm not 100% sure it's Party Swap causing it. More like 80-90% sure.

In the Telos Academy, after freeing my party the scene where Atris gives the handmaiden her mission to follow the exile doesn't play. This is (as far as I can tell) regardless of my dialog choices when talking to Atris. No matter how I act - evil, neutral, selfish, good, messianic, even outright self-contradictory - the scene never triggers and as a result the handmaiden always joins my party by defying Atris.

My current playthrough is as a female exile. So far my choices have been exclusively light-sided.

I checked to see if version 1.8.4 of the restored content mod removes the scene and as far as I can tell it doesn't.

I have version 1.2a of Party Swap, version 1.8.4 of TSLRCM, version 1.2 of the M4-78 expansion. My game is fully patched.

I have quite a lot of other mods but only 2 affect the Telos Academy scripts.

These 2 are:

- SLM version 2.0 by Kaidon Jorn

- Handsister Fix by Varsity Puppet/VPcombat

Both seem unlikely to affect this scene

Could you please confirm if this scene not triggering is an oversight on your part, or down to some other error?

This is intentional, if you're playing a female character. That conversation is gender-specific for the male PC.

Sorry if it's sort of a necro post, but I've found a rather interesting bug

If you do not have Handmaiden in your party when you leave the Refugee Sector, then replace a member with her before the scene where the Red Eclipse show up, the party member you replaced can never be put back into the party again

Sorry if it's sort of a necro post, but I've found a rather interesting bug

If you do not have Handmaiden in your party when you leave the Refugee Sector, then replace a member with her before the scene where the Red Eclipse show up, the party member you replaced can never be put back into the party again

Hmm, that's interesting. I wonder if it's something in the game scripts. Are they unavailable or unselectable?

Hmm, that's interesting. I wonder if it's something in the game scripts. Are they unavailable or unselectable?

I get the message "This party member cannot be added to your party at this time", or however it went. Same message you'd get if you tried to add Kreia on Korriban, for example

I assume it's because it turns off the ability to change party members after the scene triggers. Something funky about replacing a party member with Handmaiden via Partyswap might make the game think that character has something that keeps them flagged as unusable 

I get the message "This party member cannot be added to your party at this time", or however it went. Same message you'd get if you tried to add Kreia on Korriban, for example

I assume it's because it turns off the ability to change party members after the scene triggers. Something funky about replacing a party member with Handmaiden via Partyswap might make the game think that character has something that keeps them flagged as unusable 

That means they're unselectable, and if it's a conflict, it's not with this mod. I don't have a single "make unselectable" command in any of these scripts. I could take a look at the game scripts, or even TSLRCM, but I don't know if I'll find anything.

Just to be sure, you're not talking about trying to change your party after the first cutscene with the Red Eclipse, are you?