Jorak Uln

Joraks Experiments [WIP]

For whichever version you choose, do you think you can replace the texture of Taris that can seen from the Leviathan when Malak talks to Saul? I can't find the texture myself, and I've always wanted to make it recolor it to match how the planet would look from the perspective of other texture mods.

For whichever version you choose, do you think you can replace the texture of Taris that can seen from the Leviathan when Malak talks to Saul? I can't find the texture myself, and I've always wanted to make it recolor it to match how the planet would look from the perspective of other texture mods.

will be included in Taris Overhaul. (from one Overhaul to another i only cover the planet specific textures)

Honestly I like 3 the best, albeit from a different angle to match the evening time of day when Carth drags you into the apartment (although, it's never shown whether it was midday or evening when you got out of the escape pod)

Edit: Casted my vote

Honestly I like 3 the best...

As do I. It looks more realistic to me.

EDIT: Ended up going for V5 in the end, what can I say? I'm temperamental ;)

Honestly I like 3 the best, albeit from a different angle to match the evening time of day when Carth drags you into the apartment (although, it's never shown whether it was midday or evening when you got out of the escape pod)

Do you want to make a poll, BTW?

YES.  erm, where is the poll button? 

have read this topic as well but cant seem to find it.

http://deadlystream.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=help&do=01&HID=6

I especially like the glow on the edge of the right side of the planet as it appears on picture 4.

PM'd you some poll assistance.

I especially like the glow on the edge of the right side of the planet as it appears on picture 4.

The glow is not always on the same side - as the ships constantly rotating, the glow appears turning as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------

couldnt resist to upload v6, a saturated variant of v3, for the poll..

will be included in Taris Overhaul. (from one Overhaul to another i only cover the planet specific textures)

Could you tell me the name of this texture? I've been trying to find it and I thought I found it a couple of times before but they weren't it. I'm asking because I'm testing with a place holder mod that changes the sky of Taris to red and I want to recolor the planet texture seen there to red to go with it.

I'm also now leaning towards V6 as my favorite. :)

Could you tell me the name of this texture? I've been trying to find it and I thought I found it a couple of times before but they weren't it. I'm asking because I'm testing with a place holder mod that changes the sky of Taris to red and I want to recolor the planet texture seen there to red to go with it.

I'm also now leaning towards V6 as my favorite. :)

Found it! Should be LSP_planet01.tga

Correction: Could also be LHR_Taris.tga

• Like 1

Guys, it's neither. Really hard to find but it is: Stunt_Taris.tga
  • Like 1

Thank you! I've been looking forever for that texture and that is definitely it. 

I've known about those textures in the past and got confused when naming a new texture with one of those two names wouldn't replace Taris seen from the Leviathan. I wonder what they were even used for. A galaxy map beta?

Thank you! I've been looking forever for that texture and that is definitely it. 

I've known about those textures in the past and got confused when naming a new texture with one of those two names wouldn't replace Taris seen from the Leviathan. I wonder what they were even used for. A galaxy map beta?

LSP_planet01. tga is probably the Taris texture seen during the space battle minigame when you escape from Taris. Don't know about LHR_Taris though... it certainly is named in a way that makes me think it's the texture you were looking for but apparently it isn't ^^

Guys, it's neither. Really hard to find but it is: Stunt_Taris.tga

Ah... :blush:

Still it really is strange that there are three of the same texture and Taris is the ONE planet that is impossible to show in any subsequent cutscenes.

Maybe the inappropriately named Endar Spire one was for the Malak intro?

Ah... :blush:

Still it really is strange that there are three of the same texture and Taris is the ONE planet that is impossible to show in any subsequent cutscenes.

Maybe the inappropriately named Endar Spire one was for the Malak intro?

I found that tex only by accident...so no worries..

But what do you mean with "only Taris is impossible to show in cutscenes"?

What about the other planets?

-------------------------------------------------

Update 2.0 is online now:

post-11673-0-22634500-1436387586_thumb.png

• Like 1

I found that tex only by accident...so no worries..

But what do you mean with "only Taris is impossible to show in cutscenes"?

What about the other planets?

-------------------------------------------------

Trim

Well, there are planet backdrops for the other planets in the files, but they aren't actually used. (Also, they're color-swapped versions of the same Taris texture :' ) I more literally meant that of all of the planets, Taris is the one with the shortest time in-game [13ish year old

on account it is destroyed before the second act

),

and would logically only have two chances of being shown, that being the Endar Spire and Malak intro scenes.

Another poll for you guys, please VOTE at the top of the thread.

the Endar Spire "skeleton" walls design wasnt easy on the eyes, so i made a integrated version  and want you guys to tell me which one i should include in Update 3.0

V1: Original Mod

post-11673-0-08469600-1436521860_thumb.jpg

V2: Integrated walls, Yellow Lights

post-11673-0-54802800-1436521863_thumb.jpg

post-11673-0-23950300-1436521874_thumb.jpg

V3: Integrated walls, blue lights

post-11673-0-33688200-1436522094_thumb.jpg

Without a doubt, I prefer the yellow version. Although the blue may look more appropriate for the Republic color scheme, it contrasts terribly with that particular orange color.

Without a doubt, I prefer the yellow version. Although the blue may look more appropriate for the Republic color scheme, it contrasts terribly with that particular orange color.

The lights were only a quick test, they certainly need refinement - but the most important question is what about the walls? The integrated version or the skeleton(=original) one?

I definetly prefer the new yellow lights, for both wall types.

But I think I like the old skeleton wall design a bit better but both look great, so I can't really decide^^

The lights were only a quick test, they certainly need refinement - but the most important question is what about the walls? The integrated version or the skeleton(=original) one?

I still stand by the same option. The integrated walls I believe are perfect to symbolize the connection between Kotor's Republic and the Republic personal ship you own in TOR.

This is beautiful. I can't wait to see what you do with the other planets. Keep up the amazing work.

Might I suggest a red light variant? Normally I associate alarms and warning lights with red. I think that would be pretty cool to see here.

• Like 1

Might be the wrong thread to ask in. I check on KotOR mods every few months to see check progress on ones I've been following and was wondering if you plan a TSL version to match this one?

Might I suggest a red light variant? Normally I associate alarms and warning lights with red. I think that would be pretty cool to see here.

But red is also characteristic for the sith... hmm, well i think about it.

Might be the wrong thread to ask in. I check on KotOR mods every few months to see check progress on ones I've been following and was wondering if you plan a TSL version to match this one?

Originally i intended to do K1 first, but actually im doing always that next, what inspires me.

That way i really cant tell which one will be the next release;

but with every finished tex i learn sth and by now ive done quite a increasing "pool" of textures  that i can use/modify quickly, 

yesterday i watched closely how the ME3 textures are done and brought a similar amount of shine  to the TELOS floors via cubemap (as well as new walls) -  ingame they IMHO look quite eye catching but maybe need a bit of noise though - please VOTE:

V1: (Before)

post-11673-0-11681000-1437466570_thumb.jpg

V2: After

post-11673-0-87640100-1437466576_thumb.jpg

V1: Before

post-11673-0-51433700-1429559156_thumb.jpg

V2: After

post-11673-0-87095400-1437466572_thumb.jpg

post-11673-0-18181900-1437466575_thumb.jpg

V3: New walls, no shine:

post-11673-0-06407900-1437468708_thumb.jpg