In KOTOR2 is it possible to kill one Jedi Master, spare the other two and still remain on the Light Side? I don't want to fall in the Dark Side, but merely want to kill Vrook. How would that affect last scene at the Jedi Academy courtyard on Dantooine? Or is it like when you kill one, there is no escape, there are no more dialogue lines when facing masters, just to kill. Or even if you chose to save them, you would still be judged as a dark sider on Dantooine, wouldn't it?

Please help (I'm approaching Vrook...)!

How would that affect last scene at the Jedi Academy courtyard on Dantooine? Or is it like when you kill one, there is no escape, there are no more dialogue lines when facing masters, just to kill. Or even if you chose to save them, you would still be judged as a dark sider on Dantooine, wouldn't it?

Please help (I'm approaching Vrook...)!

I guess you better have a save game before you meet Vrook . . . just in case.

I have a save, but waiting to meet another master, lest completing all three cases (and then revert to Dantooine - its my first planet) is too unsettling without knowing what will you become.

I think I remember that you can kill/save as many jedi as you want. For some of them, though, you have to be careful on your mission choices because you might be obligated to kill a master depending on what you chose.

If any of the Masters do not show at the enclave, you will have to fight the other two.

According to what you say, Disturbed205, if I killed one of them, just do this one "evil thing" and then do good and only good and be "very light-side" character until the end, it would still lead to dark-side ending (player stays on Malachor V and not leaves it)??? It's nonesense. Can someone confirm it?

All I know for sure is if you kill Kavar (by siding with Valku) that the Masters will "know what happened to Kavar" and you will be forced into a fight with them and have to kill them. Kreia will then scold you just as if you had murdered all 3 of them on their respective planets.

I'm not sure if it leads to the Dark Side staying on Malachor 5 as it's been around 7 years since I've done it but I think it's likely.

According to what you say, Disturbed205, if I killed one of them, just do this one "evil thing" and then do good and only good and be "very light-side" character until the end, it would still lead to dark-side ending (player stays on Malachor V and not leaves it)??? It's nonesense. Can someone confirm it?

Ultimately, the player can choose which way to end the game. You aren't stuck after the Enclave scene. It all depends on your confrontation with Kreia at the end.

I see. Thanks you all for answers. This is gonna be an interesting playthrough!

If you use TSLRCM (which you should ;) it doesn't depend soley on DS/LS but also if Remote is alive or dead.

But the masters have no influence on the ending, it's a simple Light/Dark check there (in vanilla, and aside from the remote thing, TSLRCM).

Thanks. That partially resolves my issue. So to say, suppose I'm light-side AND remote is dead, what then? And why remote check? Remote seems always to die after a few encounters with G0-T0 (if that's what you're refering to - a scene on Ebon Hawk)?

Ah, I remember. Because on Malachor V the remote is defended by HK-47. Still, I'm confused.

Of course I use restoration mod - its awesome. Should be labeled as a mandatory patch.

Well, I played up to the moment when you meet up with Jedi Masters (or what's left of them). As I said before, I killed Vrook (cos' he was an annoying old grandpa in both games) and saved two other Jedi Masters (Vash does not count). Well, yes, somehow they did know about Vrook's death and initiated a duel. After killing them all, there was a long talk with Kreia that I have failed her "completely and utterly" :D, then she stabbed herself with a lightsaber. Surprisingly, perhaps because the dialogue choices I made while talking with her, I didn't get any of dark or light side points. Also didn't get Force Enlightment or Force Crush for that matter, only an entry in the log. This is where the problem appeared. I got out of the room with dead Masters and again ended up with Kreia standing out there and also 3 handmaidens not far from there (of course that particular cutscene with them coming fired after Kreia left me). So I talked with Kreia and AGAIN the whole long talk with Kreia began. She left me, I got up only to AGAIN end up with her. OK, I though, leave here be (it's a glitch - more on it later). I went back to the ship and flew to Telos, with a small exception that we landed in Citadel Station and NOT in Secret Academy! This made me really angry. And I tell ya, this hasn't happened with Restoration Mod alone, only after adding m3-47 mod this mess surfaced up. Ok, I though, I have only those two mods in Override. I'll move Override somewhere else and load that save when I am about to fly to Telos. It didn't work. Same thing. Ok, what about a save before entering the Academy on Dantooine? Things got fucked up even worse. Now the cutscene with Masters didn't fire up at all, even at vanilla game (the save game got modified, it was too late). So it was clear to me m3-47 mod wasn't tested ENOUGH as it fucks up Dantooine encounter with Masters. So what did I do? I warped straight into Polar Plateau, entered the Hidden Academy and from there things seem to go as per normal. I'm now in HK's hidden factory (one the most boring parts of restored content, btw. you know why developers sometimes CUT things from the final game? It's because it's not enough on quality to be released with a full product (it's just simply too boring to force players to go through to it, so why we don't cut it if it's a trash? -- it's a reasonable thinking. Some things got "CUT", not only because of time constraints, you know? It's called QC.))

Some other deliberations about kiling masters and staying on the light side of the Force:

Yes, it seems killing them isn't considered as a "bad thing". They wasn't a real Jedi Order. They would want to strip Exile from the Force anyway and end up dead anyway, because of Kreia. Either Kreia or Exile killing Masters does not influence Exile's "faith". I decided to spare Atris (no more killings I though), and Exile had an option to say that she will face chages before The Council (the real one I guess, which probably is on Coruscant still). So again, the quest of killing/saving Jedi Masters isn't about light/dark side, it's about your personal vendetta. When leaving Atris she said "save the galaxy, save yourself". And my Exile is still "high" on the Light Side meter. I tend to like this outcome. It's like a gray jedi this exile is, walking two paths and understanding both sides profoundly, much like Revan. Not like some mindless dark fools who kill everything not even sparing themselves, or pompous priests of the light who only preach and do nothing, who forget emotions, thinking they're better than average human being, for which the emotions are the core of humanity (strip the Force of them and they're nothing, 'cos they rely on it so much, then when without it thay can't even lift a fork wih a hand, I mean no any real life experience). That's why I believe Exile or Revan (hell, even Bindo and Katarn to some degree) embodies the true understanding of the Force. They're the beings of the Force. How can you understand that thing called a Force when only following ONE path? It's like trying to calculate something without the ability to write or live but unable to breathe.

Thanks for your attention.

Oh, and fix M3-47 mod.

PS. Cut the HK factory... just kidding. Leave it be. It's just it isn't that glamorous.

Point, but for me, the issue wasn't with the HK Factory, it was the Telos invasion.

You literally push through a handful of enemies, and then talk a few times, yet this constitutes an "invasion"? And the really annoying part is that you don't even go through somewhere "new" or "refreshing", like you know, the fuel controls and Citadel maintenance sector.

No, you go through the EXACT same place you were trapped for the first half of the story which was such a joy the first time around. And then, based on the evidence, apparently, the Citadel's severely limited number of resident guards have complete control of the entire station's fate that of the lives of what seems to be thousands of people (based on the size of the station) And these controls are located in the PRISON of all places..! (Where, might I add, a convict managed to escape from without any intervention.) For me, that was the worst part. (And the module is completely separate from the original Telos Station, so it could have looked different) 

At least the factory had a few fun diversions like the program installation jokes and constant banter..

It did looked different, reddish lightning or something :)

Yes, the dialogues were, as always with HK droids, very amusing, but the credit goes for, yes, HK droids (or the actor who did awesome job), not that particular level design.

Yeah.. :D I know. I was going to say, yeah, it's red. (They could have at least pretended that it was a different place or made the "locked" door at the shuttle from the residential model extend to the zones we can see when going toward the TSF prisons. The models were there, it would just require a few walkmaps and added items.. I would do it if I knew how...)

The Factory level design though was pretty much the same as a couple of the levels, such as the Ravager and to a fair extent, Onderon mid-battle; just fight through waves of enemies to reach a single goal.

At least the bit about the

reactor having to be shut down and seeing the maintenance droid before you have to go back and use him, made it at least a bit more of a challenge than merely bursting through and hearing dialogue. My biggest gripe was having the group confrontation happen before you can reprogram the HK-51s, so it became a bit tedious rather than chaotic without the extra help.

I also think the HK-50s were a pain to fight especially since they don't self-destruct as they're supposed to according to the dialogue. Lastly, the fights were a chore for me at least since droids are so limited in capability in regards to feats and a lack of boosting items; the armor does nothing more than add def instead of fancy things like saving throws or regeneration, so a solo mission makes him so weak compared to the rest of my characters, that I had to play part of it on Easy difficulty. Yet, for its flaws, the pacing was as decent as it could have been, and some of the details and visual setpieces made it better for me than a few of the other planets you visit. 

Besides all that . . .

HeeeElllLLoooOOoooo! We have an ERROR over here in M4-78 EP. It makes the game unplayable! Can I get some help from anybody?

Ehm, for M4-78, I am going under the assumption you didn't patch it with the 'missing installer files' file, right?

We have an ERROR over here in M4-78 EP. It makes the game unplayable! Can I get some help from anybody?

I see you've uploaded the game save. (Excellent.) While Hassat Hunter looks at that, could you please explain (for the rest of us) on what the nature of the error is? Answer these questions too when replying.

1) What is the error?

2) When did the problem begin to occur?

3) Did you update your game as required by your game's region?

4) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

5) Have you tried using a earlier/different save game?

1) inability to go to hidden Jedi Academy and confront Atris

2) yesterday

3) yes

4) after talking with Kreia in Jedi Enclave (killing/saving Jedi Masters cutscene)

5) of course, please read previous post(s)