Hassat Hunter

Bugs and minor inconveniences with TSLRCM 1.8.4

First off, I'd be just a bit wary of trusting Gamefaqs, it is very prone to hoaxes. Second, you might be on the wrong topic for that question. And third, no, I'm almost certain that Hanharr can't be redeemed. It's one thing to try to redeem somebody like a Sith, it's another thing to try to redeem somebody who is literally insane.

Yeah i didnt know where to post, guess i shouldn't have posted here in retrospect... But if anybody cares, no you cannot redeem Hanharr and still get DS points, but if you deny his strenght you gain bonus to wisdom, kreia is impressed and gain LS points.

I came across a fairly huge issue.

1) When did the problem begin to occur?

When trying to start the game.

2) Did you install the latest version of the mod?

Yes.

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

Steam.

4) Did you update your game as required by your game's region?

Yes.

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?

It's a fresh install.

6) Did you use the TSLPatcher, if provided?

Yes.

7) Were there any errors in the TSLPatcher installation?

None that I saw.

8) What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

Party Swap 1.2 by Darth Tyren

Hanharr's Jedi Training by Darth_Sapiens

9) Can you be more specific about the error? At what point did it happen?

I'm pressing "play" and the game immediately crashes before any logo can even come up. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game/mods, but nothing is working.

10) Have you tried re-downloading the mod?

Yes.

11) Have you tried using a different save game?

N/A

12) Have you tried starting a new game?

N/A

13) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Windows 7.

EDIT: I just reinstalled for like the fifth time and I even tried reinstalling Steam itself. I tried launching just the vanilla game immediately, and the same issues occurs. I can only surmise that the Steam update is responsible for this. Sorry for setting off any false alarms, though I'd still like to know how to solve this if anybody has any advice.

When you read your party's minds en route to Malachor V, Mandalore's line about not surrendering is unvoiced.

New Steam version error... something Aspyr needs to fix.

How do I do that?

Set windowed=1 in both locations in the swkotor2.ini

Hm, the minor bug where Kreia destroys whatever weapon you gave her when she creates a sword out of thin air to confront Sion still persists. Didn't I submit a fix like two versions ago...?

New Steam version error... something Aspyr needs to fix.

Is there a good place to report that error?  (Or has it already been reported?)

Eh, forget it. Guess I'll look for my KotOR Collection or maybe even my original 4 CD version to try to keep it up

Hm, there's an infinite influence+LS points exploit with Atton, on Telos, in Atris' academy. Probably a vanilla bug, but whatever. If you
1. question him about his Echani techniques,
2. try to persuade him to talk,
3. then restart the conversation and persuade him that you meant no harm,
then you can restart the conversation again and go back to that line of questioning again, ad infinitum.

Gonna fix this presently.

EDIT: Done. I threw in all my fixes so far for 1.8.4, nothing terribly important but uploading in case anyone would like to have them anyway:

• Telos: The above infinite rewards exploit
  • Harbinger: Kreia destroying whatever weapon you gave her before facing Sion. Improved compared to my fix for 1.8.2: now also remembers her secondary weapon slots.
  • Telos: dialogue cleanup - you won't keep seeing the useless dialogue option about the illegal blaster after the smuggling quest is over.

Update Posted 13 August 2015 - 07:38 AM

It seems Suulru's dialogue reverted to vanilla for some reason, undoing the Kaevee-related changes. I didn't check if any other things reverted, too, but maybe you guys changed something in 602DAN between 1.8.3. and 1.8.4. and used the wrong base?

I just checked with a fresh install. In 1.8.4 when I gave him his modulator back, the option was "it was a salvager", just as in vanilla. In 1.8.3 you could tell him about Kaevee.

Update Posted 13 August 2015 - 02:15 PM

Also, in retrospect it's weird that we never fixed the Plague and Affliction bugs.

Ooops, included an unnecesary file in the fixes. Just delete 203b4d4.dlg from override if you got the previous version.

plaguefix.zip

RCM fixes2.zip

• Like 2

When Kreia confronts Atris at the academy, there's a distinct pause in dialogue before Atris goes "You seem familiar to me." Like she was supposed to turn around and actually look at Kreia and continue the conversation face to face. It would make more sense in my opinion.

Also another thing, that was everpresent even in vanilla game - you know how on Malachor you have these fissures with green gas-lightshafts coming out of them, and sometimes a poison gas cloud comes out as you pass. I understand this was supposed to be the same effect as in Korriban academy, but here we have VISIBLE POISON GRENADES FLOATING THERE instead. I think making them invisible would be a good alternative to replacing 90% of these placeables with scripted poison spews.

Well the experiments go on.... after undoing the Steam update just to be able to start, I came across an interesting problem

The main menu/loading screens

Yes.

3) What version of the game do you have? (Steam, 4CD, KotOR Collection?) What region is the game designed for if it's the 4 CD version?

Steam.

Yes.

5) Did you install this over the previous version(s), or did you perform a fresh installation as required by the TSLRCM's read-me file?

It's a fresh install.

Yes.

None that I saw.

8) What other mods did you have installed? Please give an accurate list and provide links to each of these mods - even if they are found on this site. (We don't actually know them all!.)

The TSLRCM custom graphic seems to be giving me some attitude. Shows up like this on loading screens too: http://i.snag.gy/Wdkcc.jpg

Yes.

N/A

N/A

13) What Operating System do you use? (List Virtual Machines as well if you are using them.)

Windows 7. Tested also on my Windows 8 laptop and this does not happen

The TSLRCM custom graphic seems to be giving me some attitude. Shows up like this on loading screens too: http://i.snag.gy/Wdkcc.jpg

That's a simple bug that occurs on some graphic cards with textures with resolutions other than powers of two.

Simply delete KOTOR2Logo.tga from your Override folder. You'll have the original logo without TSLRCM again but that's better than a white square I guess^^

And I think someone posted a version with the proper size in some thread here on DS. You could look for that if you absolutely want to have the TSLRCM logo (or simply resize it yourself).

That fixed it! Thanks

Uhh

Why is this happening though?

http://i.snag.gy/c8kX6.jpg

I think I know what's up. I DID have a "make Hanharr a Jedi" mod, but I deleted it manually - still all white.

Could I have accidentally deleted his textures when trying to remove the incompatible ones? If so, how do I find the vanilla files for hist texture again?

UPDATE: just got weirder. I used the "addlightside 100" code on my character before going to the docks (I was almost full DS) and then Hanharr went back to normal after I took control of Mira in the enviro suit

Could I have accidentally deleted his textures when trying to remove the incompatible ones? If so, how do I find the vanilla files for hist texture again?

UPDATE: just got weirder. I used the "addlightside 100" code on my character before going to the docks (I was almost full DS) and then Hanharr went back to normal after I took control of Mira in the enviro suit

The only way this could happen due to a deleted texture is if you removed it from your Override while playing the game. But then it should be back to vanilla the next time you restart the game. Or you deleted the actual texture but I wouldn't even know how to do that^^

When Kreia confronts Atris at the academy, there's a distinct pause in dialogue before Atris goes "You seem familiar to me." Like she was supposed to turn around and actually look at Kreia and continue the conversation face to face. It would make more sense in my opinion.

It's to give Atris some time to get to her epihany. Because instantly going from the 2 lines was most jarring. I've added it just for that, no need to read more into that.

Also another thing, that was everpresent even in vanilla game - you know how on Malachor you have these fissures with green gas-lightshafts coming out of them, and sometimes a poison gas cloud comes out as you pass. I understand this was supposed to be the same effect as in Korriban academy, but here we have VISIBLE POISON GRENADES FLOATING THERE instead. I think making them invisible would be a good alternative to replacing 90% of these placeables with scripted poison spews.

I probably should look into that one of these days

That's a simple bug that occurs on some graphic cards with textures with resolutions other than powers of two.

Simply delete KOTOR2Logo.tga from your Override folder. You'll have the original logo without TSLRCM again but that's better than a white square I guess^^

And I think someone posted a version with the proper size in some thread here on DS. You could look for that if you absolutely want to have the TSLRCM logo (or simply resize it yourself).

Yup, sadly, I got the resized .tga after 1.8.4 was released. But if it gets updated it'll be in :D

You remember the old "hey guys, we ran out of space in space" during the Telos battle during the cutscene with the admirals?

Well, guess what...

I assume that's with the Aspyr widescreen version...?

Somewhere on this site, one of the staff posted some minor fixes that includes removing the option to ask about the Modified Hold-Out Blaster after the Black Market quest is resolved.

The modified 203b4d4.dlg is borked--the dialogue when B4 calls the player while under house arrest reverts to the dialogue you would get when you talk to him at Czerka. Because of this, the Czerka Calling quest is never given, and it is impossible to proceed (since you need both Czerka and the Ithorians to call you before Grenn unlocks the door to your apartment).

My game is just being mean

After training Bao-Dur

Yes.

Steam.

Yes.

It's a fresh install.

Yes.

None that I saw.

After the training montage with Bao-Dur on board the Hawk, a second Bao-Dur appeared standing in the middle of the garage. I cannot interact with this one and he won't disappear

Yes.

Yes

No

Windows 7

Original post: September 3, 2015

Shortly after I reached Telos Restoration Zone.

Yes.

4CD UK.

Yes - firstly to 1.0a and subsequently to 1.0b.

Fresh installation of the game + patches + TSLRCM + M4-78EP.
Uninstalled, removed all leftover files, installed again - to no avail.

No TSLPather was provided:
http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/578-tsl-restored-content-mod/

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/579-m4-78-enhancement-project/

Not a TSLPatcher installation.

M4-78EP, linked above.

The bug happens when I reach this place (literally one step from there and the bug happens): http://images67.fotosik.pl/1152/38fb5e7a91b53977gen.jpg
Upon reaching this spot, Force cost of all my Force Powers is increased by 2: http://images67.fotosik.pl/1152/fbd429ea2439b2efgen.jpg

I reinstalled it, to no avail.

Multiple times.

No.

Windows 7.

Update: September 10.2015
*Cough cough* Does anyone ever look at this thread anymore?

Admin: Out of the kindness of my heart, I've merged your posts and didn't use the earlier date - this time.  However, if you "bump" the thread again, I'll have to have an infraction on your account. You have now been warned.

~SH

Thank you for your kindness, dear Admin. I know I have broken the rules but it's frustrating when every person who makes a new thread, rather than reply in this one, gets their answer, and we are ignored when we follow the rules and make a post in the thread designed for it.

Somewhere on this site, one of the staff posted some minor fixes that includes removing the option to ask about the Modified Hold-Out Blaster after the Black Market quest is resolved.

The modified 203b4d4.dlg is borked--the dialogue when B4 calls the player while under house arrest reverts to the dialogue you would get when you talk to him at Czerka. Because of this, the Czerka Calling quest is never given, and it is impossible to proceed (since you need both Czerka and the Ithorians to call you before Grenn unlocks the door to your apartment).

Yeah it's just a few posts up on this page - #285 to be exact.

My mistake. Just delete 203B4D4.dlg from override. I removed it from that post.

(I forgot to delete it after submitting it for possible integration with a hypothetical next version of RCM, before sharing here in public.

Problem is that dlg filename exists in two modules, so I'd have used TSLpatcher, except after my latest system reinstall it seems to have require extra wrestling from me to make it work for some reason. So since this is just a quick share, I included the mod file instead, a crude measure to be sure, meant to apply immediately after installing RCM 1.8.4, before any Patcher mods.)

• Like 1