Quanon

Quanons many projects.

Is there some rule written somewhere that you can't have both..?

I personally prefer the red, black and chrome, as the other seemed to bland in a sense -- but that really depends upon context and how you modify that texture further, especially with specular.

I actually think I like the colors shown in post 123 better than the one two posts up. Why should the bad guys be restricted to only black, greys, or red?

Well put. Exar Kun is just one example of how Old Republic sith had colors ranging in the browns to greens (although some Sith Lords had purple coloring..)

BTW, Isn't Galactus also purple-colored rather than red in many of his iterations?  :turned:

I think my picture of Galactus IS purple but the lighting is poor. But enough of me highjacking this thread. . .

I actually think I like the colors shown in post 123 better than the one two posts up. Why should the bad guys be restricted to only black, greys, or red?

I think that the helmet seems a little closer to Galactus' helmet from the Marvel comics without the "horn" appendages . . .

. . . but that's just my opinion.

Is there some rule written somewhere that you can't have both..?

I personally prefer the red, black and chrome, as the other seemed to bland in a sense -- but that really depends upon context and how you modify that texture further, especially with specular.

No, no rule against doing 2 skin sets for an item. I'm liking the red one more for now. So that will get finished first.

But I like the yellow copper tone to, but I'll get to that one later. I've got a good photoshop file, so altering the tints and some of the shapes shouldn't ask to much time.

This is how things have progressed so far:

Prelzer00_zps3b6cee36.jpg

Prelzer01_zps6ece95d7.jpg

Prelzer02_zps47cef7ca.jpg

Prelzer03_zpsda7159a6.jpg

Prelzer04_zpscddbdc12.jpg

I think the new scheme is better; with the back texturing, I'd be tempted to change it slightly to something more darker so that the front faceplate really stands out more, maybe the lower back half.

But in the end I think you should do what makes you happy, as I don't have the whole vision of what you intend it to look in the end ;).

Time to pick up where I left. Few shots from  a test run I did on that last helmet. Need to fix that 'darkening' effect... Someone posted a solution to it, but I can't remember right now what that was. I'll get to it eventually :P

HelmTest03_zpsb5218905.jpg

HelmTest04_zpsd62541fd.jpg

HelmTest02_zpsb9751524.jpg

Looks good, Q. As always, I'm looking forward to having this in my Override. :D

Glad to see you're still working on stuff. :D

Thanks man! That's the thread I was talking about! I've edited my model, but something went wrong. Game crashes now, lol.

I'll have to redo the export bit again.

Looks good, Q. As always, I'm looking forward to having this in my Override. :D

Glad to see you're still working on stuff. :D

Speaking of stuff, I've dusted of that Nar Shaddaa street area. I only had last quarter to do of the whole thing.

And last 2 days I've been hard at work to UVWmap that last part. I'm getting really close to start test runs in the game, Yeah baby!

Some shots, can't leave a reply without some visuel goodies now.

Indoor_Street01_zpsf3a2bb65.jpgIndoor_Street02_zps6565ac80.jpg

Indoor_Street03_zps8c756b36.jpg

Speaking of stuff, I've dusted of that Nar Shaddaa street area. I only had last quarter to do of the whole thing.

And last 2 days I've been hard at work to UVWmap that last part. I'm getting really close to start test runs in the game, Yeah baby!

How do you export a whole area of a map ex Endar Spire? Really wanting to redo the UV's there

How do you export a whole area of a map ex Endar Spire? Really wanting to redo the UV's there

I'll try to explain this in a nutshell. Areas are build up out of several models. A bit like a puzzle.

I always have to devide/ slice my own made areas into smaller bits.

The game uses a few files, so it knows which parts it needs to build up any given area.

So to redo the UVs of the Endar Spire, you'll first need to collect all the model bits.

You can find those with KotorTool. Then you'll have to import those into 3D editing program; like 3Ds Max.

Means you'll have to edit a lot of smaller models, then export them out.

Exporting an area model is just the same as for a lightsaber hilt or gun.

Hope's this helps a bit.

So here's what I've finished today. I've changed the red to be a bit darker. Solved the lighting problem.

Though still need to improve the look of the shiny effect. To flat at the moment.

D_Helm01_zpsb5fa8bb7.jpg

D_Helm02_zps6a29a70a.jpg

Yahoooo! It looks like I still got the power  :D 
Did another test run with my NarShaddaa street area, the first part of the area works like a charm. Only one faulty mesh.
It all looks good so far. Hopefully the other parts go as smoothly as this one. Then I only need to fix up the lighting.
Now it's set to be very bright, so I can spot mistakes easely.

Here's a look on how things are in the game:

QNarStr06_zpsc1c238aa.jpg

QNarStr01_zps5febb58c.jpg

QNarStr05_zps5b0d2e53.jpg

The smaller 'indoor' part; it's a bit like at the docks of the Refugee sector. Some rooms or storage/ garages and the entrance to

one of the clubs to be found in my new part of Nar Shaddaa.

QNarStr04_zps3d4413cc.jpg

QNarStr03_zpscb600bb3.jpg

• Like 1

Looks awesome as always, Q.  Can't wait to see more. :D

Had some time left this afternoon. I plunked in the the other parts that make up my Nar Shaddaa streets.
Feeling pretty happy, as just with the first part, very little faults to be found.

A few minor UV mistakes and a few bits that have no texture it seems.

Ofcourse it looks all to bright and a bit to clean for Nar Shaddaa.

I'll be adding extra models, consisting of crates and other techy looking junk in all variant sizes
and shapes. Luckely I've got already sort of back catalogue from previous attempts.

But enough chatter; time for some screenshot galore!

Q2NarStr02_zps37f3ade7.jpg

Q2NarStr03_zpse6f48423.jpg

Q2NarStr04_zps166cb549.jpg

Q2NarStr05_zps13cd58ab.jpg

Q2NarStr09_zpsc6563dd1.jpg

Q2NarStr08_zpsa24e52c9.jpg

Q2NarStr06_zpsbf5ba6ca.jpg

Q2NarStr10_zpsdb852b4e.jpg

Q, are any of those colored lights animated?

No, they are windows actually. But the texture needs more work, now it's more like a place holder :)

Thanks to SithSpecter for helping out with the lightmap business. It's all about the tiny little details. 
So I got a part of my area in the game, using a lightmap. It looks good, but there are mistakes in the UV business.

But with the tips from SS I should get better results in the future. All I did now was quick test, just to see if there was
more to the crashes.

Here's a peek how it looks so far:

Q2NarStr04_zpscb92ddfb.jpg

Q2NarStr06_zps0b7d1bea.jpg

Q2NarStr07_zps406e0296.jpg

• Like 1

Oh, wow. It really is perfect for its job. As always, Q, just incredible. :)