Quanon

Quanons many projects.

100th reply :D !!! :P

Apart from this Quanon, I am in love with the textures. I do agree with L0ki194 - that I too thought this was taken from Jedi Outcast module for the missions on Nar Shaddaa, I'm interested in the following: When you say like a solo mission, will it be dark and will you be able to side with parts of the exchange and have missions like bounty contracts with them?

Ahhhhhh Jedi Outcast. The king of all Star Wars games. Lookin' forward to that flythrough, Quanon!

100th reply :D !!! :P

Apart from this Quanon, I am in love with the textures. I do agree with L0ki194 - that I too thought this was taken from Jedi Outcast module for the missions on Nar Shaddaa, I'm interested in the following: When you say like a solo mission, will it be dark and will you be able to side with parts of the exchange and have missions like bounty contracts with them?

Congrats! It's not a full solo mission. Two other friends team up with you to help out and get things done. You're not really part of the Exchange, your boss has his contacts and it all takes place in the criminal life on Nar Shaddaa, but you're not really part of the Exchange - more of a hired thug. You're really at the bottom of the food chain so to say :P

It'll have it's darker tones, but I want to get some humor in it as well. Dark humor then  I would guess :D

The 'quests' will involve information gathering, dealing, grand theft speeder or swoops... Still I do have LS/ DS situations in mind.

As you'll be able to choose to be more of a brute enforcer or a sleek sort of guy.

Ahhhhhh Jedi Outcast. The king of all Star Wars games. Lookin' forward to that flythrough, Quanon!

On that, some good news. PC just finished a 24hour session of rendering. 850frames= 28seconds added. I started the session at 20:00, watched TV, went to bed, got up at 5:50, out to work 9hrs , still busy rendering when I got home, had something to eat, hit the shower and then it was finally done! 

A few more teaser shots:

movie_Shot01.jpg

movie_Shot02.jpg

movie_Shot03.jpg

• Like 2

Oooh, the second screenshot gets me some Jedi Knight Dark Forces II Nar Shaddaa vibe! I love-it!

By the way, how do you post your screenshots, Quanon? It seems I am unable to post mine in the same way and that bugs me!

Well, I use photobucket or this site: http://postimage.org to upload my pictures.

Once uploaded you can use a http://code to link your image to a post in any forum.

Some of them offer different sorts of code; to post a thumbnail, etc... I always use the DIRECT option to get my pics straight into the WIP thread.

I always use the little image button on the top toolbar for posting replies here on the forum. You then just need to paste in the http:// thing and presto you got your image!

Man, this looks so cool. Now I'm wanting to play Jedi Outcast and Dark Forces II. Good thing I bought the Jedi Knight Collection on steam a few years ago. (I actually haven't played Dark Forces 1, 2 or MotS to completion... *crawls into shame box*) I'll be happy to see when this is done!

Quanon, your work is just too damn good mate! Lovely work, I'm loving that custom module - looks superb! 

I did tell you he was the Area-Modelling Guru...:)

Man, this looks so cool. Now I'm wanting to play Jedi Outcast and Dark Forces II. Good thing I bought the Jedi Knight Collection on steam a few years ago. (I actually haven't played Dark Forces 1, 2 or MotS to completion... *crawls into shame box*) I'll be happy to see when this is done!

*crawls into shame box with you...* I have them installed, but haven't actually played much of them...

*crawls into shame box with you...* I have them installed, but haven't actually played much of them...

Same. It says I've only played 17 minutes of MotS, 33 minutes of Dark Forces 2 and 79 minutes for Dark Forces 1, but I was just screwing around in the first missions... or ended up getting lost. I do plan on playing them, I just need to fix a few things because oh boy are there graphical issues... I get one for all 3 of them that makes my game look all thermal vision. I think I fixed Dark Forces 1. Don't know when exactly I'll be doing that but I'll get to it one day. Right now I recently got the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (MGS 2. MGS 3, MGS Peace Walker + original Metal Gear 1 & 2) and Resident Evil Revelations for Xbox 360 so I'll be busy... plus Dark Souls will be free for Xbox Gold Members June 1st, so that too... so many games...

Taking a break from all the rendering. Started to work on a new helmet, based on those sketches I posted earlier. Alas my skill with a pencil trumps my 3D modelling, but I like what I have so far. Just like the crest helmet its a bit 'whack'. I'll do a new Bandon reskin aswell to match with the helmet. Or would you guys opt for the heavy armour?[/size]

Here's a peek on how things look now:

Sith_Helm01_zps8058ed2d.jpeg

Sith_Helm02_zps0a1be245.jpeg

Sith_Helm03_zps9ac39a0f.jpeg

Feel free to spew comments!

Your Nar Shaddaa addon looks superb!

Are you planning to do it as a single player add-in? (e.g. you see Atton talking to exile about his adventures on Nar Shaddaa...you play Atton...then you see Atton talking to the Exile again etc.)

I think there's even a dialogue where Exile asks Atton if he was on N.Sh. already, and he said: Every pilot has to be there at least once or so...

By the way, I accidentally found this:

http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http://www.starwars-union.de/bilder/news/20080227_kotor3_idriss_bg.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.starwars-union.de/nachrichten/8780/KotOR_3_Konzeptbilder_aufgetaucht_-_Nachrichten/&h=648&w=485&tbnid=T4w_CN0PJe6JZM:&zoom=1&tbnh=90&tbnw=67&usg=__PVhrY_xYmRNWS_0qtHORNxkch2g=&docid=6f65hkSWqfm8FM&client=opera&sa=X&ei=1CmQU5jFB-T9yAO76oCYCg&ved=0CDwQ9QEwBQ&dur=4693

what about making some of these ones for your mod??

Same. It says I've only played 17 minutes of MotS, 33 minutes of Dark Forces 2 and 79 minutes for Dark Forces 1, but I was just screwing around in the first missions... or ended up getting lost. I do plan on playing them, I just need to fix a few things because oh boy are there graphical issues... I get one for all 3 of them that makes my game look all thermal vision. I think I fixed Dark Forces 1. Don't know when exactly I'll be doing that but I'll get to it one day. Right now I recently got the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (MGS 2. MGS 3, MGS Peace Walker + original Metal Gear 1 & 2) and Resident Evil Revelations for Xbox 360 so I'll be busy... plus Dark Souls will be free for Xbox Gold Members June 1st, so that too... so many games...

I bought DF and DF2 when I was a kid. What a blast to play. I did the same like you guys and got them on steam in a sale.

And I did start a new playthrough but never finished it. So shame on me to :P

Both games certainly have their influence on me. Since they are my first serious shooter experience on PC.

Your Nar Shaddaa addon looks superb!

Are you planning to do it as a single player add-in? (e.g. you see Atton talking to exile about his adventures on Nar Shaddaa...you play Atton...then you see Atton talking to the Exile again etc.)

I think there's even a dialogue where the Exile asks Atton if he was on N.Sh. already, and he said: Every pilot has to be there at least once or so...

By the way, I accidentally found this:

http://www.google.de/imgres?imgurl=http://www.starwars-union.de/bilder/news/20080227_kotor3_idriss_bg.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.starwars-union.de/nachrichten/8780/KotOR_3_Konzeptbilder_aufgetaucht_-_Nachrichten/&h=648&w=485&tbnid=T4w_CN0PJe6JZM:&zoom=1&tbnh=90&tbnw=67&usg=__PVhrY_xYmRNWS_0qtHORNxkch2g=&docid=6f65hkSWqfm8FM&client=opera&sa=X&ei=1CmQU5jFB-T9yAO76oCYCg&ved=0CDwQ9QEwBQ&dur=4693

what about making some of these ones for your mod??

Well, the kotor games don't have multiplayer so to speak ;)

The story isn't about Atton, though I don't see why he can't make a cameo. Just for the fun of it.

Not sure what I could do with those concept art pieces. But I've got a speeder gang in mind; who needs pimped rides :D

I got enough parts rendered for a first clip of my Nar Shaddaa model. But is there an easy to use program to stitch all the parts together.

The windows live movie maker  somehow screws up the contrast in my clips; shadows just get flat black. Very ugly quality :-/

Hahaha, depends how big the request is :P

And you might have to wait a bit to see it fullfillled.

Still have a few things on my list I should get done for some other folks here on the board. Walkmesh issues... x-S

Just couldn't resist and do an upload, a minor test to see how it can look. :P

I got enough parts rendered for a first clip of my Nar Shaddaa model. But is there an easy to use program to stitch all the parts together.

The windows live movie maker  somehow screws up the contrast in my clips; shadows just get flat black. Very ugly quality :-/

I've heard that Blender is pretty good at that -- it comes with an in-built video editor.

The only video "editing" I usually do is re-encoding movies into a format that my TV's set-top box will like, and for that I use Handbrake. Though if I had to do any serious (actual) video editing where quality was an issue, I'd probably give Blender a try first ;).

Hahaha, depends how big the request is :P

And you might have to wait a bit to see it fullfillled.

Still have a few things on my list I should get done for some other folks here on the board. Walkmesh issues... x-S

Just couldn't resist and do an upload, a minor test to see how it can look. :P

Look's like a type of mixture between the TSL/JK2 versions of  Nar Shaddaa and Coruscant in Jedi Academy. Progress looks great so far, and I can already think of the possibilities of using this map in game, story and gameplay wise. Two questions, though:

1. Will this level be intergrated in Kotor 1 or TSL?

2. This is just out of curiosity, but I've noticed a lot of Kotor maps in development will have those rectangular prisms in one or two locations in the map. I've seen them in Sleheyron, here, and in other maps. I know hardly anything about making a custom module for Kotor, so can you tell me what they're for?

Dark Ansem, I would suggest sending the request via PM - as this thread is for his WIPs and not for requests.

I've heard that Blender is pretty good at that -- it comes with an in-built video editor.

The only video "editing" I usually do is re-encoding movies into a format that my TV's set-top box will like, and for that I use Handbrake. Though if I had to do any serious (actual) video editing where quality was an issue, I'd probably give Blender a try first ;).

Nuts, I recently removed Blender to get some HD space back... x-S

I'll check out Handbrake, thanks for the tip. 

Look's like a type of mixture between the TSL/JK2 versions of  Nar Shaddaa and Coruscant in Jedi Academy. Progress looks great so far, and I can already think of the possibilities of using this map in game, story and gameplay wise. Two questions, though:

1. Will this level be intergrated in Kotor 1 or TSL?

2. This is just out of curiosity, but I've noticed a lot of Kotor maps in development will have those rectangular prisms in one or two locations in the map. I've seen them in Sleheyron, here, and in other maps. I know hardly anything about making a custom module for Kotor, so can you tell me what they're for?

Answers:

1. This mod will be for TSL. Though it's not that hard to just release the models for K1 as a resource. 

2. You mean those grey boxes? Hahaha, they are just for scale. The box (aka "MANBOX") represents a NPC or character. They won't be seen in the game.

It's too get a good idea on how big certain aspects of my map will look. It's safer to get the scale right from the start then messing about with it later on.

Full first clip of my Street Area. Not all to pleased about the quality. Think I f**cked it up in my render settings when selecting the video codec thing.

• Like 1

Well no time to dwell to long on video woes. Did my UVWmapping of the helmet and started on the texture.

Just playing around with it. Mainly looking to get  a few good dark tints and a spot color.

Prevver02_zpscd9b3933.jpg

Prevver03_zps2609d6ec.jpg

Prevver01_zpsa6e0670a.jpg

• Like 1

Hey, this looks cool... the colors remind me of Isaac Clarke's Helmet from the first Dead Space game.

Bucket update time. Have a peak on how things are progressing:

Prevzer01_zps693e9f92.jpg

Prevzer02_zpsc2c49f33.jpg

I actually think I like the colors shown in post 123 better than the one two posts up. Why should the bad guys be restricted to only black, greys, or red?

Hey, this looks cool... the colors remind me of Isaac Clarke's Helmet from the first Dead Space game.

I think that the helmet seems a little closer to Galactus' helmet from the Marvel comics without the "horn" appendages . . .

4fd4cb11af01a_229789n.jpg

. . . but that's just my opinion.