Sign in to follow this  
Hassat Hunter

1.7 first impressions

My 1.7 report... part 1;

As expected, Ilum exploded after 1.7's release. 10 full instances? Server has trouble.

Overall dailies are fun. PvP still sucks. Not noticing you are flagged than getting gangbanged solo by 8 imperials isn't fun.

Aside from that, it's something new.

Some quirks though... to limit traffic on the heroic there are 5 points to do it. Good you say? Well, they planted 2 damn inside the PVP zone. And trust me, the Heroic is hard enough without having to worry about PvP groups killing you. So in reality, only 3 are in use, and one of them also has severe imperial raid parties hanging about.

Final result; it really only has 2 nodes, where constantly about 3+ groups battle for the spawns and useable items... :/

Also funny was we got a group to do the heroic, got 1/3, then our healer vanished. Returned a while later... "Guess they didn't fix the crashes"... After that went flawless though, excluding the lag.

And last annoying bug/quirk; In the north was a quest marker. You would think you have to go around there. There was a champion opponent there. Okay. Tried attacking it, insta-kill. Worst of it was that unlike other types of such defense you did need to pay repair costs. 5000 credits to waste due to a stupid marker being too high up. And the damn turret (why is it there anyway) being bugged.

Also seems repair costs gone up... might have to do with them fixing enchantments being in selling (and repair?) prices.

End of report of the first 2 hours with 1.7

part 2 (a few hours late);

My authorisation I mentioned before? I noticed it changed. It now says it's for the player char, not the account. Aargh. And worst is... it STILL DOESN'T work.

They also made changes to the GTN. "any" doesn't work anymore, you need "cheap or higher"... that it's the same exact thing makes no difference. They added a 3-char limit for search. So finding mod 7? Fat chance, can't search for 7 anymore, good luck finding 7 between pages of other mods.

They added new legacy unlocks. Ship teleport. Also 3 to make it from 18-1 hour. They are already pre-unlocked though. Wonder if BioWare is going to turn that back...

The "gree" pvp event on Ilum is horrible. Apparently the want people to contest in the middle. But all it leads to it's 12 enemies being bored waiting for respawn there. And sometimes you do get a group of 4 thinking it's fun to kill single people around. So much joy. I'll never do that daily ever again.

Also got a big ops group of about 10 people for the Heroic. So much hectic fighting. And somehow half the people never got stuff to update properly, making us fight way more than we really had to, and much trouble shooting was needed.

Aside that the usual with lag, players getting kicked and crashing.

It started with fun, but when the evening went on, I logged out being utterly annoyed. Mostly noticing my item change and the gtn. *sigh*

What are yours?

Anyone else notices heavily increased repair costs? I did. Less than 3000 for wipe before, now over 5000 for wipe. Almost double.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=596970

Let's hope they hear our dissatisfaction and change it back. I can only dread how much repair costs if I actually had items worth mentioning 0_o

EDIT:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5847876#edit5847876

Can I say "called it"?

Have they even changed something in Ilum's PvP? From what I've seen on youtube it was either zerg fest (for the imps, mostly) or it was two 20+ groups just sitting at the opposite sides of a hill, waiting for somebody to make the wrong move and then almost insta killing him.... and then they continue to "stalk" each other.

1.7.0a Patch Notes

General

If a player that is abusing the chat system in the game is reported frequently by various players, they will be completely unable to post in chat for 12 hours.

Players who have not logged in since Game Update 1.4 will no longer be kicked to character select under rare circumstances.

Legacy

Removed the character level requirement for Improved Priority Transport: Personal Starship. This Legacy Global Unlock still has a Legacy Level requirement.

Corrected an issue that would automatically unlock all levels of Improved Priority Transport: Personal Starship.

Of all the issues... they fix THIS? Seriously...

They are quick to patch out stuff that profits us. But actual fixes to them breaking the game or messing up in our neglectance... forget it.

This isn't worthy of emergency patching. The GTN and repair is.

Do you really believe after all of the mistakes they've done they are gonna start listening now? I'm just waiting for when they release it absolutely for free. Either this or they'll just close the servers.

Someone else said this on TOR's forums but I kinda believe it...

That EA is trying to make everyone quit the game and unsub, so they can just shut down the servers and be done with it. But that's alot of pent up negativity on my part, and really - they're probably making alot of money off the cash shop.

Maybe I'm being overly pessimistic, but I remember the days before the F2P, when the trial was still active, and the servers where definitely not as full as they are now. There was only one instance on each of the origin worlds, Tython and Korriban being around 70-80 people (same goes for Coruscant and Dromund Kaas), and Ord Mantell and Hutta where around 30-40. F2P was a lifesaver for this game, and since Bio aren't treating the F2P population very well... I think you get my point.

I'm not doing too well with this Gree expansion. The Sith folks are wiping the floor with my wife and me. Eeeek. Jedi help on the "Jedi Covenant" would be appreciated.

Did you try the fleet? Or the general chat on Ilum?

Well, it would be nice to get some assistance from those I know here first.

Statement: I'm loving the new stuff. Took down the three world bosses already.  One of them three times. But that's what a guild is for.

Really? I've had quite the parties for Coruscant and Taris, I actually started some of them, even convinced two 50's from the fleet to help me. I'm at Alderaan now with my trooper and I'm proud to say that I've killed at least once every world boss up until now, except the one on Alderaan. Took down the one on Dromund Kaas with my sorc healer too.

Remember, anyone on Jedi Covenant is free to ask me (Vriff ingame) for help. Too late now, but SH remember that haha.