Hassat Hunter

Progress on 1.8.2

It doesn't really bring anything meaningful. As feat, it is so underwhelming that people can't even notice weather it is working or not without specific tests. The impact on the game is neglectable: who is interested in a feat that allows to run a 10% faster? Not to mention that it feels a duplication of the Burst of Speed Jedi Power.

It will be a nice small addition nothing more.

I don't think version 2.0 has been released yet, has it? I know the current version is a bit buggy, especially for female exiles ( http://deadlystream....dpost__p__18157 ).

New version will be released soon. All bugs will be fixed.

Don't like it? Don't use it. The way I see it the more restored content the better.

I don't mean to be disrespectful but that kind of answer is really inane.

Not only because Hassat Hunter was asking explicitly whether or not this is worth including and I am providing feedback, but also because it presumes that adding/restoring is always a plus while instead being selective is a quality that in the end is reflected in the final product.

• Like 1

Well, now when 1.8.2 is been worked on I have to ask about one issue... I had finished my 1.8 playthrough some weeks ago, with female LS Exile, and I'm must say that I haven't encountered a single notifiable bug , which was delightful, except ONE, which seems to be an old vanilla problem. Black screen after exiting Ebon Hawk during a last visit to Dantooine.

When transiting from Hawk to Khoonda plain screen just goes black and I can't do anything. I had to warp to Jedi Courtyard to continue... All I had installed was TSLRCM 1.8 and a few small texture replacements.

I goggled it and from some older forum topics it seems that it's vanilla issue that some people encountered before (they said that it most likely happens when Dantooine is the first planet you choose to visit) and it was very strange, since I have never encountered such bug before and I usually visit Dantooine first (because of crystal cave).

So, what do you think? Can it bee reproduced by somebody else and possibly fixed if it's inside scope of modding possibilities?

(There is also a VERY miniscule bug in which Atton intercepts Nar Shadaa cantina Twi'lek Pazaak player when you want just to talk to her instead when you want to play, like it should be. But I doubt that anyone else really noticed that :P ).

I've had it happen ONCE (out of god-knows how many time I ran through TSL).

Would love to fix it... but so far, it's completely unreproducable. Pretty much like the Onderon Crashing.

Atleast the one time I hit it, I found a walkaway, which is adding 601DAN.git to your override, effectively resetting the module. That 'fixes' it...

I don't know if this a bug or not, but isn't asking Keevee about Vrook supposed to update the "Lost In The Shadows" quest? In my last few playthroughs, even after talking to her, I have to see the datapad in order to get the quest update.

If it isn't a bug, I guess it makes sense, given that she doesn't tell you where they took him. At least, I've never seen a line that suggests she knows.

(There is also a VERY miniscule bug in which Atton intercepts Nar Shadaa cantina Twi'lek Pazaak player when you want just to talk to her instead when you want to play, like it should be. But I doubt that anyone else really noticed that :P ).

Seems intentional.

Looking at the .dlg did find a convobreak (male-only line having female-only requirement... break), so thanks for, although not intentional, making me fix that...

• Like 1

I've had it happen ONCE (out of god-knows how many time I ran through TSL).

Exactly the same here. Only one time out of x playthroughs (x = shitload). Ah well, it seams that people will have to hope not to get too unlucky.

Seems intentional.

Not exactly : It seams that intention was for Atton to jump instead of you when you want to play with her. Not to skip entire conversation and go straight to Pazaak, like it is now. When it happened I was puzzled for a second, because it didn't give me an option to ask her anything at all ("Who are you?" for example).

Looking at the .dlg did find a convobreak (male-only line having female-only requirement... break), so thanks for, although not intentional, making me fix that...

At least something nice of it. :)

Not exactly : It seams that intention was for Atton to jump instead of you when you want to play with her. Not to skip entire conversation and go straight to Pazaak, like it is now. When it happened I was puzzled for a second, because it didn't give me an option to ask her anything at all ("Who are you?" for example).

Not really, the answer to that question is...

1) Atton chimes in.

2) No, I want to play Disciple

3) No, I want to play Bao-Dur

4) No. Do you want to play pazaak?

So it's not skipping anything... who are you? can never be asked...

I tried running timed runs, but... on a much smaller area, which wasn't so smart looking back it. Longer stretch like you did would be better.

But thanks for taking all that time to measure it, and confirm it indeed does work.

So, let's add it to 1.8.2 what say you all? :cool:

I'm all for it.

I don't mean to be disrespectful but that kind of answer is really inane.

Compared to your suggestion? :P

• Like 1

So it's not skipping anything... who are you? can never be asked...

I didn't mean "who are you" literally, just put it there as example of general question, because I forgot what exact dialog options are.

Anyway, just looked at dialog file and as you said everything is fine there. But when I played I never got an option to ask her anything (play Pazaak, "Do you have cards to sell?", etc.) just skipped right to Atton's line, for as it seams no apparent reason at all. Let's forget this, it seams that this game likes to play tricks on me.

For patience with debugging a game with quirky engine like this, you sir deserve a medal. Keep up the good job.

It looks awesome but why is she half naked? HH, I know how you like your game women now :P

It looks awesome but why is she half naked? HH, I know how you like your game women now :P

But bendarby I do that when I play games too! I think everyone probably does lol.

When I play The Last Story I use invisibility dye on the female characters.

When I play Xenoblade they wear swimsuits or any other extremely revealing equipment.

When I play K2 it's the dancer's outfit for Handmadien.

ect.

Okay, definitely not everyone does that with their female characters in games. This is going to sound stuffy and pretentious, but I think modesty is sexy, and that applies to my female NPCs clothing as well.

Anyways, back on topic: That restored line is amazing. Does it just trigger upon entering the Ebon Hawk?

What about the Fall of Kreia in-game scene? The only real problem with it is there aren't any screaming noises in the sound files. I searched through the StreamSounds folder and found nothing. I'm thinking they were added for the .bik version but who knows really. I would really like to see this in-game rather than a small low resolution video.

What about the Fall of Kreia in-game scene? The only real problem with it is there aren't any screaming noises in the sound files. I searched through the StreamSounds folder and found nothing. I'm thinking they were added for the .bik version but who knows really. I would really like to see this in-game rather than a small low resolution video.

Perhaps it could be something optional? Maybe not included in TSLRCM, but something that could be added alongside it. Although, aside for the screams, the main sound issue was the saber hilt shake, and I think the "cape-swish" for Nihlus' entrance.

Okay, definitely not everyone does that with their female characters in games. This is going to sound stuffy and pretentious, but I think modesty is sexy, and that applies to my female NPCs clothing as well.

It's really nothing like that. I just strip my characters I don't use so I have my full stock to supply to characters I do use, or for instances like the Dxun Tomb nothing is occupied already.

Anyways, back on topic: That restored line is amazing. Does it just trigger upon entering the Ebon Hawk?

It's not restored. The line is already in 1.8.1. The screenshot is a display of some fix. Something... Rebuildy ;)

I was admitting I did that in certain games and when I said everyone else probably does too I was joking, I should have been more clear apologies.

The only real problem with it is there aren't any screaming noises in the sound files. I searched through the StreamSounds folder and found nothing.

Kreia's screams are easy to find. It's other sound effects - Sion beating her, Kreia hitting the ground - that are missing.

Why not just record the in-game cutscene using something like FRAPS or Taksi and make a new Bink movie out of it using the original audio track?

I did exactly that with the improved Sion's arrival at Peragus at it worked beautifully, IMO.

While not as pretty as the in-game cutscene, it still looks vastly better than the original Bink movie files - even when scaled up from 640x272. It also avoids most of those pesky resolution changes that can make the game minimize or even CTD, and you can use the original audio track.

If you want to see what I'm talking about, I'd be happy to upload the Sion's arrival movie that I've been working on. It's not perfect yet, but it's getting close.

1) It will be hugely bigger than doing vice-versa, since biks aren't small files.

2) Why, if you can have it full-screen ingame, redown it again to a whatever by whatever sized bik? Really?

3) The action/sound mismatch will still occur.

(Last, why are you working on that? You do know with TSLRCM Sion's Arrival on Peragus *is* an ingame cutscene, right?)

EDIT:

Anyone else having suggestions what to do for 1.8.2? My 'to do' list is empty. So if you know of any bugs remaining that aren't fixed and can be (so no, not widescreen, Intel-support or that dialogue fast-forwarding one)?

Pretty please?

1) It will be hugely bigger than doing vice-versa, since biks aren't small files.

Sadly, that can't be helped.

2) Why, if you can have it full-screen ingame, redown it again to a whatever by whatever sized bik? Really?

I recorded the in-game cutscene at 1600x900 so it would be the same resolution as the movies in the high-quality movie patch, and it looks quite good.

23) The action/sound mismatch will still occur.

Not in my movie, it didn't. Granted, something like the Kreia's Fall movie would be longer and more difficult to match up, but it can be done using VirtualDub and Audacity.

(Last, why are you working on that? You do know with TSLRCM Sion's Arrival on Peragus *is* an ingame cutscene, right?)

Well, for one thing, it doesn't "flow" very well. The resolution changes take forever and part of the music is cut off. Secondly, one of the biggest gripes about TSLRCM that I've heard from people on other forums is how the multiple resolution changes can make the game minimize or even crash. The shuttle to Telos cutscenes are particularly bad in this regard. It's happened to me enough that I thought that doing something to keep those resolution changes to a minimum was a good idea.

I'm not asking for this to be part of the mod, but it is likely the only solution to what I think is a glaring problem.

If you want to see what I'm talking about, I'd be happy to upload the Sion's arrival movie that I've been working on. It's not perfect yet, but it's getting close.

I'd be interested in seeing that.

Any way I can upload it here?

The 640x272 version is 35MB. You can play it with Media Player Classic in fullscreen mode, but you'll get the best effect by playing it in-game. The 1600x680 version is 70MB and would look really good if the damned engine would scale it correctly, which is an inherent problem with all of the high-quality movies.

I just see it as building on what zbyl2 has already done.