PM: Contact me at the Deadly Stream Forums or on MODDB

Name: TSLRCM Compatibility Patch for jinger's Admiralty Mod

Filename: admiralty-patch.rar

Original Release Date: 8/17/2012

ModDB Release Date: 9/21/2012

Update Realease: 1/6/2014

1. Description:

----------

This is simply an edit of the install instructions for jinger's Admiralty mod, nothing has been altered except the patcher will now install the files in a way that works with TSLRCM. :)

2. Install:

----------

(It is highly recommended that you update your game to version 2.10 (the 1.0b update) before installing this mod.) Also, TLSRCM is needed for the TSLRCM version to work, otherwise it will abort.

Extract jinger's "admiralty" mod, taking care to insure that both the "setup.exe" file and "tslpatchdata" folder are extracted to the same folder, which can be anywhere, as long it isn't the main 'SWKotOR2' folder.

Now extract "TSLRCM Compatibility Patch for jinger's Admiralty Mod" mod to the same folder you extracted "Admiralty" to. You should now have a folder called 'patch files' as well as the previously mentioned "setup.exe" file and "tslpatchdata" folder.

Open "tslpatchdata" and delete the 'changes.ini" file.

Now open "patch files" and copy "admiraltslrcm.ini", "admiralvanilla.ini", "info2.rtf", and "namespaces.ini" to the "tslpatchdata" folder.

Run setup.exe, and you should be given the option of choosing between two versions of the mod, the TSLRCM version and the Vanilla version. Choose one, and install.

Note: a new folder named "backup" will be created during insanitation within the folder the installer was run from. If you plan on uninstalling this mod this folder and the files therein must not be deleted as they are used during the uninstall process.

3. Uninstall:

----------

The files listed below were placed in override during the installation of this mod:

Within "...SWKotOR2\Override"

brfmcon.dlg

n_admrlcede.mdl

n_admrlonasi.mdl

n_admrlcede.mdx

n_admrlonasi.mdx

151spawnholos.ncs

a_spawn_admiral.ncs

N_AdmrlCede01.tga

N_AdmrlOnasi01.tga

N_Dodonna_H2.tga

N_AdmrlCede01.txi

N_AdmrlOnasi01.txi

N_Dodonna_H2.txi

a_createk1cnpcs.ncs

a_t3disc.ncs

201_carth.utc

201_cede.utc

151_carth.utc

151_cede.utc

appearance.2da

The files listed below may have been modified during the installation of this mod:

Within "...SWKotOR2\Modules"

222TEL.mod

205TEL.mod

003EBO.mod

Backups of any file that was altered were made during installation and placed in a folder called "backup" within the folder the installer was run from.

To uninstall;

1) Open the "backup" folder that was created during installation and replace the .mod files listed above and appearance.2da with the files contained within, delete the other files from your override.

4. Changelog:

-------------

Fixed a bug where the wrong file was being installed

Updated the patcher to modify more files in the moules folder instead of override.

Updated the readme.

5. Bugs:

----------

Let me know if you find any.

6. Distribution Notes:

----------

This mod may not be modified or distributed without the explicit permission of the author.

7. Thanks:

----------

My thanks go out to modders everywhere

And to Hunters Run, for catching my mistake in setting up the patcher.

THIS MODIFICATION IS PROVIDED AS-IS AND IS NOT SUPPORTED BY BIOWARE/OBSIDIAN ENTERTAINMENT OR LUCASARTS OR ANY LICENSERS/SPONSORS OF THE MENTIONED COMPANIES. USE OF THIS FILE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THE ABOVE MENTIONED COMPANIES OR THE AUTHOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR COMPUTER FOR THE USAGE OF THIS FILE.

Below is the original readme provided by jinger.

Special thanks to Holowan Laboratories (starwarsknights.com)

Overview

==================

If you found Carth's cameo to be a little weak, and the minute you saw Cede you were thinking "I know that face," or if you expected an Admiral of the Republic to look better than that, you might appreciate this mod. It's a new appearance for both of them, an Admiral's uniform, like the one we saw on Dodonna in Knights of the Old Republic. Carth shows up in the logs of the Harbinger, in a trasmission to Citadel Station, then later in the game, during the battle of Telos. He also appears in a trasmission from Khoonda, if the Disciple does not join your party. Cede only shows up if you select the dark side ending for KotOR during the first conversation with Atton. If you see a medal on Carth's uniform, that's the Cross of Glory. It was given to him by Admiral Dodonna, for his part in the defeat of Darth Malak and the Sith.

Installation

==================

TSLPatcher (by Stoffe) will know what to do. Just run the executable and follow the instructions. The mod consists of a few files that will be installed in the override folder, and one module file. It adds two rows to appearance.2da

Permission

==================

This can be used as long as credit is given.

Click here to download this file

Thank You Thank You THANK YOUUUU!

Erm...

I am really happy that this mod is able to see the light of day (on my computer anyway)

and am grateful that you made it possible.

Thank You Thank You THANK YOUUUU!

Erm...

I am really happy that this mod is able to see the light of day (on my computer anyway)

and am grateful that you made it possible.

Funny how you were asking about its compatibility earlier this week then BOOM a patch comes out!

Glad to be of service to everyone! I hope you enjoy! And if you encounter any problems, feel free to let me know. :)

No. You might be getting it confused with jinger's Battle for Telos mod, of which TSLRCM contains a modified version.

• Like 1

This isn't working right for me. It works fine until I leave the Ravager. The next place that loads after the Ravager destroyed cutscene is back in Telos but Grenn and the other soldiers are just standing there and Grenn doesn't talk. I can't leave the module and Carth is nowhere. If I put the backup 205TEL.mod file back in the modules folder, the scene with Grenn works fine but Carth is back in the awful red armor. Does this patch not work anymore with the new TSLRCM version?

This isn't working right for me. It works fine until I leave the Ravager. The next place that loads after the Ravager destroyed cutscene is back in Telos but Grenn and the other soldiers are just standing there and Grenn doesn't talk. I can't leave the module and Carth is nowhere. If I put the backup 205TEL.mod file back in the modules folder, the scene with Grenn works fine but Carth is back in the awful red armor. Does this patch not work anymore with the new TSLRCM version?

I don't think it does because each time I install it with 1.8.2 RCM Carth never shows up on the harbinger or anywhere else. It's always Admiral Cede. Although it maybe another mod I installed that caused the conflict, dunno.

I don't think it does because each time I install it with 1.8.2 RCM Carth never shows up on the harbinger or anywhere else. It's always Admiral Cede. Although it maybe another mod I installed that caused the conflict, dunno.

One question, was Revan a sith?

...If yes, that may be your problem.

One question, was Revan a sith?

...If yes, that may be your problem.

Are you talking about the dialogue you get when you talk to Atton when he is imprisoned? I always choose Revan was male. Edited by Sith Holocron

Carth/Cede doesn't depend on his gender, but his alignment (LS or DS)...

What conversation is he talking about where you choose Revan's alignment? I don't remember.

I've just encountered the same issue as above. Is there any fix for this game breaking bug? I really do like the Admirality mod, and it'd be a shame if it wasn't compatible with TSLRCM.

After looking at the files I found the problem. The author of the compatibility patch missed a .mod file in the tslpatchdata folder. This file is 205tel.mod which is carths cut-scene.

edit: Or maybe not. The problem might be different. It could be a problem with how the .git is set up. Or a script incompatibility.

edit again: really found it this time. warped to location and the cut scene came up after I had made some changes and carth was wearing the uniform. Problem was with how the .git file was set up in the tslpatcher.

So I really want to download this mod but with the posts above talking about crashes, should I just wait for a fix to come out or is there some kind of procedure to the install that I can do to make sure that it works?

I'd suggest waiting for a fix.

On a related note, I've sent a Pm to Darth Hayze and pointed out the suggested fix by Hunter's Run. Hopefully, he'll reply in this thread about his plans (if any) for an update.

I'd suggest waiting for a fix.

On a related note, I've sent a Pm to Darth Hayze and pointed out the suggested fix by Hunter's Run. Hopefully, he'll reply in this thread about his plans (if any) for an update.

Cool. Thanks man!