Sign in to follow this  
Sith Holocron

HK-51 Revealed!

Finally, the HK series will making it in as a party member. The long-rumored party NPC has been officially announced in this official Bioware trailer.

HK-51 Revealed Trailer

no offence SH but i was announced at e3 about 2 mounths ago :/

Doesn't look much like the HK we all love... and his eyes, they are yellow! (HK-50, not HK-51).

Also, doesn't sound like Kristopher. Other voice actor?

Also good job BioWare stealing all KOTOR2 music, Telos theme running in the background... :/

no offence SH but i was announced at e3 about 2 mounths ago :/

The FULL trailer was released first at SDCC.

Doesn't look much like the HK we all love... and his eyes, they are yellow! (HK-50, not HK-51).

Also, it doesn't sound like Kristoffer. Other voice actor?

I'll give you that the eye color is wrong. And what's with the orange decals?

But that's definitely Kristoffer Tabori . . . just look at his IMDB page.

Also good job BioWare stealing all KOTOR2 music, Telos theme running in the background... :/

They have all of the KOTOR1, KOTOR2 music, as well as the music from all 6 movies in the game as well.

While I'm all for reinstating cut TSL content into canon, that just plain isn't an HK-51 unit.

Wrong eyes colour, wrong planet, wrong voice filters.

That being said, I'll be looking forward to youtube videos of him in action... especially what his backstory is going to be (I assume nothing to do with KotOR II cut content, but oh well).

(My response to the video on TOR's site)

Screeching Exclamation: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! times 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exclamation: NO! IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE THE HK FACTORY ON TELOS IV!!!

Exclamatory Quote: "Stop that Rosh (BioWare) or I will kill you!" -Kyle Katarn -- Jedi Academy Re-edited Part 3.

My first impression is that he's different (The HK-51), but TOR is set a decent amount of time after KOTOR II and it's still within the realm of possibility that someone either rebuilt the HK factory or there was a different factory all the time. That could at least explain the design differences (as the manufacturer/re-manufacturer could have made changes), and the factory could be located anywhere besides Telos, since it was never stated where "all" of the HK units were being built.

There is also the possibility that the HKs rebuilt their own factory and lay dormant (since HK-47 destroyed the factory on Telos) until you find them. I don't know if it's stated in official canon that the factory was destroyed by the exile and HK-47, but this is just my thought on the matter.

TOR really needs to stop trying to steal from KotOR. Why can't LA and Bioware get it through their skulls that they already alienated that crowd away to the point where anything TOR tries to do is hated as a matter of course? Honestly, it's not that difficult to grasp.

So, I'm a kotorian and a great TOR skeptic. But from what I've seen and heard about TOR, it's actually a fairly playable game as MMORPGs go. But it seems the parts of the game that are absolutely the worst are when it tries to steal from, or "pay homage to", the KotOR games. Most of what I hear of the gamet isn't so bad, but Revan's role is plot is absolutely terrible. They messed up Revan, then the Exile, then HK-47, and now they're going to ruin HK-51, which wasn't even canon... Man, eight years ago I would have called Bioware fantastic storytellers. How the mighty have fallen... Now they're down to pimping out cut content written by Obsidian. It's just sad. Not that Avellone's cut stuff wasn't good. Only trouble is Bioware can't write it right, because guess what? They're not Obsidian :(

TOR really needs to stop trying to steal from KotOR. Why can't LA and Bioware get it through their skulls that they already alienated that crowd away to the point where anything TOR tries to do is hated as a matter of course? Honestly, it's not that difficult to grasp.

So, I'm a kotorian and a great TOR skeptic. But from what I've seen and heard about TOR, it's actually a fairly playable game as MMORPGs go. But it seems the parts of the game that are absolutely the worst are when it tries to steal from, or "pay homage to", the KotOR games. Most of what I hear of the gamet isn't so bad, but Revan's role is plot is absolutely terrible. They messed up Revan, then the Exile, then HK-47, and now they're going to ruin HK-51, which wasn't even canon... Man, eight years ago I would have called Bioware fantastic storytellers. How the mighty have fallen... Now they're down to pimping out cut content written by Obsidian. It's just sad. Not that Avellone's cut stuff wasn't good. Only trouble is Bioware can't write it right, because guess what? They're not Obsidian :(

TOR is KOTOR, they're not stealing any ideas...

This topic is on HK-51 in TOR. Generalized hatred for TOR should be posted elsewhere. Specific hatreds are called for in here. (Or if you like the HK-51 as shown above. That's OK here too.)

Any way . . . back on topic. :P

Statement: I will not be happy if they refer to meatbags as "organics". That would be unacceptable. They wouldn't be proper copies of me if they didn't.

Statement: I will not be happy if they refer to meatbags as "organics". That would be unacceptable. They wouldn't be proper copies of me if they didn't.

They're not supposed to be copies. they're supposed to better, more advanced versions of you.

www.torhead.com once had posted many of HK-51's TOR dialogues but they have since been taken down. (I suppose EA and Lucasrtas sent a legal nastygram to them.)

You know, in Mandalorian space, the name for "legal nastygram" is "assassin". I think the HK-51 in question would agree with that (HK-47 would at least).

This topic is on HK-51 in TOR. Generalized hatred for TOR should be posted elsewhere. Specific hatreds are called for in here. (Or if you like the HK-51 as shown above. That's OK here too.)

So we're not even allowed to express our opinion on the use of HK-51 in TOR?!?

Well, I'll shut up then. I certainly would like being censored...

So we're not even allowed to express our opinion on the use of HK-51 in TOR?!?

Well, I'll shut up then. I certainly would like being censored...

Rea-read what you quoted and tell me exactly where it says that staying on the topic of HK-51 in frowned upon? As long it legitimately discusses HK-51 in TOR, it's fair game in this thread.

It's just not a thread for more generalized TOR bashing.

Was it not plain to anyone else?

I hate to necro this, but I finished the HK quest early this morning, and wanted to share this photo of the great HK-51 now sitting in my Smuggler's ship. The one thing I do hate is the Iron Man chest light. But, other then that He is awesome!

post-8990-0-88090500-1353104821_thumb.jpg

Also good job BioWare stealing all KOTOR2 music

Oh yeah. The Dantooine Council theme (whatever it's officially called) running in the freakin' character login screen after I left it alone for a few minutes was a wtf to me. That music is special, and needs to be used appropriately, dammit. Not just stuck in anywhere.