Hassat Hunter

Update on 1.8

Guest Darth Paulus

It's placed at a location, move too far away (which is very easy to do, it's radius seems rather small) and the sound will get softer.

I'm afraid not. It quiets for good and stays that way, no matter where I'm going. Either way, the vanilla didn't do this.

That's not really a bug. It depends on how DS/LS points are awarded. There are 2 methods TSL uses, one of them has the sound, the other not.

Method 1) Adding a fixed amount of points (usually 1) to DS/LS.

Method 2) Adding an amount of points which is variable depending on how good/bad the act is (small, medium, high) and your current alignment. So being high LS a DS act gives more DS points than when you're alreadt heavily DS.

I see, but I would swear that I heard those sounds even after the first conversation with Kreia, Atton in vanilla version and now in TSLRCM I don't. A pity...

Well, that track is not set in the dialogue, so it must be done by script... in which case it probably works like the prologue thingie...

Does it? In vanilla, the sound could be heard DURING the little animation (looking upon the Ebon Hawk in the docking bay) which is triggered by entering the hangar bay (I mean the hangar bay's control room, not actual hangar, of course) with T3 for the first time. You cannot move during the animation, so it cannot be connected with location.

Thanks.

I've still heard the T3 one for sure... so don't know what would be the case for you.

Anyyyyyways...

Jinger modified the Rebuild Academy so Jedi Masters auto-died if you had killed 1 or 2. That wasn't the way in vanilla. And since this is a restoration mod.

Turned out actually restoring it to the original setting isn't easy to do. So I didn't even tried, but replicated the behavior (yup, re-inventing the wheel... *sigh*), which still wasn't that easy (especially figuring out why the hell Kreia showed up too early, until I found out masters are deemed prematurely dead, which kind of messed up my 'trigger when everyone is dead'). But well, it works now again. Yay!

In the process improved Tobin-Nihilus, so it's all good. Still rather had it didn't take 3(!) hours :(.

Guest DragonChild

I refused to play the abortion that was TSL until I heard about this restoration project awhile back. Good to hear now that it's getting some polish! Looking forward to it. Congrats on the progress thus far. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't call the 'vanilla' version of TSL an 'abortion'. It gets a lot of undeserved heat because it was rushed out the door before it could be completed resulting in a lot of cut content. Had LucasArts allowed Obsidian to complete the game it would've been worlds better and had more substance to it.

This restoration project is a godsend for those who want TSL to be more flushed out though, i'll agree with you there.

As for the progress.. played through the game with 1.7 and I must say that it's like playing a completely different game. Can't wait for 1.8.

Guest Cair

* Visas no longer remains hurt after the lightsaber training is over.

This is fantastic! The first playthrough with 1.7 I forgot to heal her and, after a while, found her dead and gone...

* Visas no longer remains hurt after the lightsaber training is over.

This is fantastic! The first playthrough with 1.7 I forgot to heal her and, after a while, found her dead and gone...

Uh? As in dead and not available anymore?

That can happen if they have +Constitutions items and you remove them, putting them below 1VP in the Ebon Hawk. It goes accompanied with the known "I AM BROKEN. SO VERY BROKEN." message.

So... don't do that!

Uh again? Need to see a pic of that broken thingy lol!

Guest wvsnl

Seeing as that there is already a 1.8 compatibility thread in the forum and that the list is changed to 1.8, does this mean that the new release is very close or still weeks away?

Seeing as that there is already a 1.8 compatibility thread in the forum and that the list is changed to 1.8, does this mean that the new release is very close or still weeks away?

I've been of opinion that renaming that thread and certain contents in it was a bad idea - especially as 1.8 is not available for anyone to play anyway.

Guest Luminous Being

Wow you guys are the best! Thanks to the team for continuing to improve TSL. I can't wait to give 1.8 a run through.

Fixed an issue with the log showing every item spawned in a module upon entering.

And if you want exactly something like that... I'll see if it can be made into a proper mod ;).

Guest bendarby24

good to see you guys are still going :)

Guest ahagner

So this post should be filed under the many annoying "release date??" questions, but I'll pose it in hopefully a less annoying way: Do you think 1.8 will be 'done' before SWTOR is released (which they say could be roughly holiday 2011)? Like many others, I'm dying to play TSL before SWTOR comes out, and I'm really stoked for 1.8! Keep up the great work!

Which holiday? I assume you mean X-mas?

Sjeesh, I hope so.

It's not like I have anything to do anymore on 1.8 after all...

Guest Qui-Don Jorn

Um,..so we are really really close then right?

So I shouldnt release HotOR 1.6?

Because I was about to...just wait some more and fix it when 1.8 is out?

• Like 1

Depends on how long it takes to dot the i's :D

I think I'm about to sound thick again, but whatever... What was that about "doting the I's?" Is that one of your british expressions? XD

Aye, but I'd be at a loss to translate this into "the list of what still needs to be done in order to finish 1.8".

Guest staticjoe66

Well hurry it up will ya? :P I'm waiting until 1.8 is released to reinstall TSL and play again...although...right now I am hip-deep into Oblivion... :Juggle:

It means "the final touches"... :)

• Like 1

Guest Kerk

I for one am not going to touch tslrcm anymore until the droid planet is ready. I feel that by the time it's ready, they'll have finished the 9th version of tslrcm. :mad:

Guest HK-47

Query: Is there anything else needing to be spliced?