Hassat Hunter

Update on 1.8

Yeah, I remember them saying "It will be out in 2 weeks" and now it is 5 months later. -_-

It just takes so much time for them :(

Don't think we ever gave any time-estimations. Especially not "out in 2 weeks"

If it's going to be the final version to be released, wouldn't you take a look at http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/1018-attons-plan-was-a-good-one/, please? Just because you haven't even dropped an answer ever since I opened it... Not that I'm complaining, but it bugs me a little :D

I agree, but I'm not the only member on the team...

Guest staticjoe66

TSL is a much better game today because of what's already been done--I for one am not going to sit back and pick it apart, I am going to grateful to the original team at Team Gizka for the TSLRP which allowed the TSLRCM to happen. I am going to be grateful to Stoney, Zbyl, HH, VP, SH and ALL the modders who picked up after the TSLRP bogged down and made this project happen as well as to the modders who today continue to make the game enjoyable.

Thank you all for being willing to do this on your own time for no money--I very much appreciate your efforts

Don't think we ever gave any time-estimations. Especially not "out in 2 weeks"

I agree, but I'm not the only member on the team...

Guest Ajunta

TSL is a much better game today because of what's already been done--I for one am not going to sit back and pick it apart, I am going to grateful to the original team at Team Gizka for the TSLRP which allowed the TSLRCM to happen. I am going to be grateful to Stoney, Zbyl, HH, VP, SH and ALL the modders who picked up after the TSLRP bogged down and made this project happen as well as to the modders who today continue to make the game enjoyable.

Thank you all for being willing to do this on your own time for no money--I very much appreciate your efforts

That's what I think as well!

Whether Team Gizka should be thanked is beyond my comprehension; I don't know how much their work influenced TSLRCM. They certainly never got anywhere. But TSLRCM is here, to be enjoyed by us, free of charge; so there is every reason to be thankful!

Guest dashrendar

That's what I think as well!

Whether Team Gizka should be thanked is beyond my comprehension; I don't know how much their work influenced TSLRCM. They certainly never got anywhere. But TSLRCM is here, to be enjoyed by us, free of charge; so there is every reason to be thankful!

Yeah!!! You’re right about it. These guys are really amazing with these mods!!!

Obsidian, Lucas Arts…c´mon they have a lot of resources and an army of programmers, graphic designers, etc. Whatever you wish to make a good game, they have KOTOR 2 in their hands and... …whaaaat a mess!!! I mean, what where Lucas arts executives thinking! And the most painful is that they canceled KOTOR 3. Well that would be better than another half-done game, and personally if a KOTOR 3 had happened I think they would have messed it up. Oooh yes! I’m actually playing Revenge of Revan mod and I’m really pleased.

Besides there is a lot of material and important events that happened before KOTOR, and I was wondering, why not KOTOR 0 or KOTOR “The Mandalorian Wars” wherever you wish to call it, in which the player will be able to play through Revan, Malak and the Exiled in order to now how do they interact during that period of time whit some of the characters of KOTOR 1 and 2 and of course the Jedi council members and The Sith Triumvirate before his foundation.

I just can imagine a cinematic where Revan is giving the Exile the order to detonate The Mass Shadow Generator … OHHH MY GOOD!!! (As just an example.)

THANK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR EFFORTS.

Getting off-topic there, but if I remember correctly, the TSLRP team are at least partly to blame for the tools that permitted to make a mod such as TSL RCM, though I may be mistaken. In any event, even though they did not finish their work, they certainly were an inspiration. Lol, that certainly sounded like a fanboy :P

• Like 1

If I remember correctly, the TSLRP team are at least partly to blame for the tools that permitted to make a mod such as TSL RCM, though I may be mistaken.

Yup. Infact De-NCS has been made by Dashus himself...

Guest Salk

Sweet!

Thanks, HH!

Guest Fafolo

New screenshot.

Probably latest before 1.8 is done.

Does that mean that the release date is near? :unsure:

Guest bendarby24

we can only hope so ;)

• Like 1

Guest DragonChild

I remember playing this on the Xbox, it was a great game. 1.7 made a noticable difference in the enjoyable factor so I can't wait for 1.8. Good work to the people working on it and thanks for all your hard work.

Guest ChaosMonkey

Is it possible that the cheat console could be fixed? I think it's this mod that causing the cheat console to work only half the time for me.

Guest dooga

Just wanted to chime in on my appreciation for everyone's efforts in this project. Followed the gizka one from start to failure (Often getting my hopes up after a random and long update promising "soon") and it's nice to see this one get done correctly. Only wish I found out about it sooner.

Thank goodness there are people willing to spend their free time on fixing all the crap that lucasarts and their subsequent decisions make. How a company with such Gold for an IP consistently screw up their management decisions and actual dev teams is beyond me. It should be a crime, really.

So, thanks again everyone. :-)

Is it possible that the cheat console could be fixed? I think it's this mod that causing the cheat console to work only half the time for me.

Nope, this mod does not have anything to do with the cheat console. The problem has to be yours. There are many ways to fix-it. Some people have problem finding the right key to activate the console. This is especially true for those that have non US/UK keyboards. There is also the matter of modifying the .ini, but I think you already did that. Anyhow, good luck getting this to work.

• Like 1

Guest HK-47

Agreement: What MrPhil said.

Theory: It could also be that you're spelling the cheats wrong. If you're finding the button to activate the cheat console, then this theory is highly likely. TSLRCM does NOT affect the console.

Statement: Cheats ARE sensitive to punctuation and spaces, so be sure you're doing it right.

Guest TemujiN

I can't wait for this!

New screen!

A new screenshot showing off an alternative Nihilus main menu, triggerable without modding (well, somewhat, *hint hint*) during the course of TSLRCM 1.8!

You might have seen this main menu before. Maybe you even tried one of the mods that "restores" it. Wonder why say "restore" with quotation marks?

That's because so far I haven't run into a mod that doesn't simply replaces Nihilus screen with this (which is silly). Of course this woulnd't be the RESTORATION MOD (and I would be doing a really sloppy job) if we just implented as such instead of according to Obsidian's original design.

So you have to meet requirements set by OE for this screen to appear even when using TSLRCM 1.8. Wonder why it didn't show then in vanilla? Because the script broke leaving you with Sion instead (maybe you already know the requirement now?).

I am surely not going to tell what you need, you still have some time to doctor it out ;).

Till next time, and maybe, release!

Uh, requirements? If there is a requirement, but it was broken, doesn't that mean that you set the requirement(s)? Are we supposed to guess them, then?

No, the requirement WAS there, but the execution was broken (as stated, it produced Sion instead).

A hint; what causes the weirdest stuff to happen in the game, even without TSLRCM? :cool:

Guest staticjoe66

No, the requirement WAS there, but the execution was broken (as stated, it produced Sion instead).

A hint; what causes the weirdest stuff to happen in the game, even without TSLRCM? :cool:

A trigger...??

Lol, I guess I'll wait to get answer from another lol. What weird stuff can happen in the game? I guess it depends on the perspective. So not knowing what that weird stuff is, how should I know what causes-it :P Better go back to sleep upon that one, IMO... though I don't think I'll find-it anyway...

Guest staticjoe66

Lol, I guess I'll wait to get answer from another lol. What weird stuff can happen in the game? I guess it depends on the perspective. So not knowing what that weird stuff is, how should I know what causes-it :P Better go back to sleep upon that one, IMO... though I don't think I'll find-it anyway...

In the game the launcher changes from Sion to Kreia and if you're DS then to you--HH said Nihl's execution was broken so I'm guessing at some point you "trigger" him, for lack of a better term

Guest Kerk

hmmm.. no, in mine, all three were on the launcher at certain points.

First Sion, then Nihilus, then Kreia

• Like 1

Guest HK-47

Answer: It's always the in-game cut scenes or when talking to someone. More when talking to someone than the scenes.