Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'research'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Kotor Modding
    • Mod Releases
    • General Kotor/TSL Modding
    • Modding Tools
    • Work In Progress
    • Tutorials
    • Game Saves
  • Mod Projects
    • TSLRCM
    • VarsityPuppet's Mods
    • M4-78 Enhancement Project
    • KotOR1 Restoration (K1R)
    • Revenge of Revan
    • KotOR Toolset
  • Jedi Knight Series
    • General Discussion
    • Mod Releases
  • Other Games
    • Other Games
    • Dantooine Theater Company
  • General
    • News
    • Knights of the Old Republic General
    • Star Wars
    • The Old Republic
    • Site Feedback
    • General Discussion

Blogs

There are no results to display.

There are no results to display.

Categories

  • Knights of The Old Republic
    • Media
    • Mods
    • Skins
    • Modder's Resources
  • The Sith Lords
    • Media
    • Mods
    • Skins
    • Modder's Resources
  • Jedi Knight Series
    • Maps
    • Mods
    • Skins
    • Other
  • Game Saves
  • Other Games
  • Modding Tools

Product Groups

  • Premium Membership
  • Modders Account

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 3 results

  1. Just a simple information to share to save ones from getting burnt-out, lol. Why we don't want to use TPC format for lightmaps? It broke the maps When put into a module/MOD file, it crashes your game upon reloading and/or exiting the game Stick only with the TGA for that one...
  2. Greetings, fellow Jedi! Hope you all doin' fine. On my latest attempt, I tried to edit an ASCII to attach MaskHook and GoogleHook with standard Notepad and when I convert the ASCII to Binary, it works. But when I load the Binary with MDLedit an error occurred which leaves the Binary model can't be loaded. So, I surfed the net looking for an answer and then I found this freeware: PlainEdit.NET I'm an amateur with tools and stuffs but as stated in the description; In short; when I edit the ASCII with the said tool and then save the changes, convert it again to Binary and load it with MDLedit- it loads, and all changes does loaded to the model! The MaskHook and GoogleHook does working seamlessly despite the fact some further changes would be necessary for their positioning and orientation. So I thought I share the news with fellows here whom perhaps having the same problem which I hope it can be helpful. I know many have known about editing ASCII and stuffs but I'm certain a few haven't known about it. I hope the information kind of helps; may the Force be with you all!
  3. Greetings, fellow Jedi! May the Force be with you. Along with the compiling-decompiling model attempt I have done recently, some discoveries were found regarding the end-result of using both MDLedit v1.0.3 and MDLOps v1.0.0. First, this comparison purpose is to give the potential user of both tools a preview of the compiled model using each of the tools mentioned. This also had no intention to show which tools are best and which are less; it's simply to share the discoveries been found. Here's a screenshot for details: Left image is TSL's n_quarren [Quarren's F model] model compiled using MDLedit v1.0.3 with tangentspace enabled by not ticking the bumpmap flag, but instead changing its value inside the ASCII file from 0 to 1 using a text editor. Right image is TSL's n_quarren [Quarren's F model] model compiled using MDLOps v1.0.0 with tangentspace enabled by changing its value inside the ASCII file from 0 to 1 using a text editor. As we can see there is a difference in the head part; which MDLOps version produce a noticeable line whilst MDLedit version isn't. This occurrence already emerging several times on my end; such with compiled TSL's n_commf model. I hope this discovery kind of helps with any future modding attempt, and gave an insight of what will and what won't regarding the implementation of the aforementioned method. Edit: Be advised that they had nothing to do with normal maps. It's a smoothing error, as informed by DarthParametric. The normal maps activation is just part of the compiling process.