About This File
This is a companion to my TSL Main Menu Model Fix for Widescreen mod. In a similar manner, it adjusts the model file for K1's main menu so that it properly fills the full screen width of widescreen aspect ratios (i.e. 16:9, 16:10). It is designed to be used in conjunction with ndix UR’s KotOR High Resolution Menus mod (as pictured).
Because the original vanilla background texture is very low resolution, it looks pretty terrible when scaled up to fullscreen at 1080 (or above). I created a new, higher resolution background texture that approximates the same look.
As of v1.1, an optional replacement logo is provided. This is a TOR-style version of the logo, created by GOG. Two versions are provided, one of which is offset in order to better align using the current version of ndix UR's GUI mod. A centered version is also provided in the even that the GUI mod is updated. Note that I have only tested this at 1080. I have no idea how the image may be positioned at different resolutions.
Obviously this mod will not be compatible with any other mod that also alters/replaces the menu model. As mentioned, it is intended to be used with ndix UR’s UI mod, and serves no real purpose without that mod.
N.B.: This is NOT a widescreen mod! This is just an addition for when you are already using a widescreen mod like UniWS.
- Extract the archive, copy the MDL, MDX, and TGA files, and paste them into your Override folder. If you also wish to use the upscaled vanilla logo or the TOR-style logo, copy the appropriate version to your Override folder as well.
- Thanks to @bead-v for MDLEdit and KOTORMax that made editing and compiling the menu model possible.
- Thanks to @ndix UR for testing the mod and various discussions pertaining to its development, as well as all the behind-the-scenes work in getting the new mod tools off the ground.
- Thanks to @JCarter426 for helping out with filtering via waifu2x to clean up some of the aliasing
What's New in Version 1.2 See changelog
- Added optional upscaled version of the vanilla logo
- With version 1.2: