I hate to bump this thread back up, but I was looking through these posts earlier & was curious as to the progress of the mod. Anything new since the last post?

On 12/19/2022 at 8:17 PM, Leilukin said:

TSLRCM doesn't package the 702KOR module into a .MOD file because it will break cutscenes, though no one is able to figure out why exactly does that happen. 401DXN is another module that TSLRCM doesn't package into a MOD file.

I have made two mods (Darth Sion and Male Exile Mod and Lonna Vash Mod for TSLRCM) that affect the 702KOR and are installed by injecting or patching files in its _dlg.erf and _s.rim, and they work fine.

What files are you trying to inject into the 702KOR module?

Posting in case someone comes along with the same question...

The reason they break cutscenes has been solved. It was not the game's fault, rather the tools modders have been using to pack .MOD's in the past.

Creating the `702KOR.mod` with Holocron Toolset for instance makes the whole thing completely playable without issue. Presumably the same with 401DXN.

So I have been playing with these blades as of late...

K2_00000.jpg.ad27c4c9d70e6f30a2fb1a351b18057b.jpg

K2_00001.jpg.09bea400a8449a7ea77748d48b10ab59.jpg

K2_00003.jpg.d23121522053a62ed5beb05297bc8c49.jpg

...what do ya think?

• Like 1

Ok well I'm still tweaking the actual blade textures, not sure if I'm going to de-level the glows around them of not, though i think I should. green is outta control, but cool at the same time.

Colored GL and CR tex's, thick blades.

Couldn't do what I wanted with them originally, so this is where I'm at.

Aight. I honestly don't know what to do with this s***.

K2_00003.jpg.5af231cf18ed05110ee2f7eeed040a68.jpg

Yellow is always a pain to deal with, and this time i have a green aura/glow around it I cant seem to get rid of.

Any suggestions?

• Like 1

@Kaidon Jorn Looks amazing, though yeah the area glow seems a little too wide/strong?

That's a detail I don't usually pay attention to when watching Star Wars media, so it could be consistent and I'm just a doofus.

I'm not familiar with the modding process at all, are you using custom shader code or just textures?

EDIT: I ask because shaders are useful for generating a volumetric light-looking haze around things like light saber beams.

• Like 1

Wait what?

Whatever you said is what I want. The problem is it only really happens on green sabers and yellow. But yellow just has an awful green one, as pictured. 

I don't know if these new blade models use shaders at all, (don't think so, but I could be wrong) but yes I'm just using textures and I've taken out the blending additive line in the .txi's for the blade core textures.

Want something completely different to what we all know, those contained glow cylinders around a saber blades core. Seriously want to get rid of that.

K2_00006.jpg.3cd0fbdfe7a3511cf4534d35b5352ed4.jpg

Green blades work great for this concept.

@Kaidon Jorn I'm sorry if I got your hopes up 😓

I'm only getting reacquainted with KOTOR modding and I wasn't sure if we have access to things like the shaders the engine uses for rendering objects.

We'll probably have to wait for one of the open source alternative engines to be useable to do that kind of thing.

Oooookaaay.

Preview for a new Default Hilt Replacements...

K2_00001.jpg.5e6b0db271b6ba1a193d9e1cce11a0c4.jpg

I am raping what's left of my TSSM sabers and HotOR 1.7 for this new version of that mod. There are still a few models people may have never seen or seen little of...

• Like 1

Maybe I don't know.

Wasn't planning to make another KSR honestly. Going to be hella busy this fall and winter so if you wanted to make them compatible you have my blessing.