Sign in to follow this  
ttlan

Let’s have a Kotor 2 and 1.7 last run - Bugs and stuff recapitulation

Arrrggh !

Found 30 sentences remaining with 4 dots, in French !

The never ending story.

I'll be looking at that tomorrow. Too tired right now.

The French dialog.tlk is updated and uploaded quite every day!

Added (128) Borna Lys stumbles between Exchange and Hutt

Added (129) Tinkering C9-T9 without opening the cage!

Added (130) Help from Bao-Dur or T3 to sabotage C9-T9

Added (131) Nar Shaddaa Swoop Gallery - This Gizka-infested hole

Added (132) Improve the camera looking at Lupo Shar and the Lupo Shar position.

Added (133) Lupo and Modo walk away together

See http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/894-let%e2%80%99s-have-a-kotor-2-and-17-last-run-bugs-and-stuff-recapitulation/page__view__findpost__p__10280

Edited by ttlan

128. I don't see the issue. Hutts and Exchange aren't exactly allies (See: Vogga vs. Goto). It's a Hutt operation. Disabling increases your attention from the Exchange... in a positive way. Catch being the racer droid of the Hutts is programmed by Goto to spy. Such an intrigue web, don't you say?

129. Issue with this is as soon as the field goes down, the droid explodes. So making it quite impossible to do that operation then :/. Oversight on OE's part, but gotta do a lot of rigeting to tweak it...

130. Sure. If you're a Guardian with a lack of skills. I had it happen... Not everyone is a Sentinel. Though 0 for Repair does seem a bit low, yes. Updated to 5 to match the other check.

131. It's an expression.

132. I've already tried some times to improve him running towards C9, but doesn't seem like there is anything able to do about it :/.

133. What exactly is wrong here? See "TEMP"? Implenting Gameplay designer wishes, okay. But placeholders? Not so much...

128. I don't see the issue. Hutts and Exchange aren't exactly allies (See: Vogga vs. Goto). It's a Hutt operation. Disabling increases your attention from the Exchange... in a positive way. Catch being the racer droid of the Hutts is programmed by Goto to spy. Such an intrigue web, don't you say?

No, it's an Exchange operation.

C9-T9 is trapped by GoTo as every droïd on Nar Shaddaa, as it is for the 32 droïds of Tienn Tubb, as it is for the droïd playing pazaak, as it is for the droïd of the bith...

Sure disabling C9-T9 increase my attention from the Exchange

Bao-Dur says it's GoTo who operate the droïds, if he is with you on the GoTo's Yacht

113503 :

{Surprised}Looks like someone's been busy. This is a droid control center - but on a huge scale. It could control thousands of droids, on Nar Shaddaa and elsewhere.

Nar Shaddaa is in the Hutt space but has been invaded by GoTo and the Exchange

The Exchange rule all business on Nar Shaddaa, ruining the Hutt

The Swoop Galery was also ruled by the Exchange, as it is for the Pazaak Temple.

Borna simply says : Lupo don't race anymore so the Exchange dont hounded him for their cut of the profits because even the Exchenge have rules.

Simply, Borna has to say

"84463 : It is not the Exchange's racer winning anymore. Even the Exchange have rules."

instead of

"84463 : It is not the Exchange's racer winning anymore. Even the Hutt have rules."

I have allready pointed out that nothing prevents the Exchange to seek the owner of C9-T9!

Edited by ttlan

Did you read what I wrote? Did you listen to the dialogue in KOTOR2?

Swoop racing is now a Hutt-sponsored event. Yes, C9 was programmed by Goto. To keep an eye on things, without having the Hutts know.

However, Visquish, unknowing, thinks you do him a deed by disabling C9, and thus helping the Exchange regain a foothold in Swoop Racing on Nar Shaddaa.

Seems I wasn't completely correct, it is his own practice (not the Hutt's)... But both the Hutt and Exachange have drivers, so her statement isn't completely incorrect.

Also noticed some odd behavior with the C9 dialogue, there is a -Exchange favor, but only 1 of 4 paths leads you there. Odd. Also, why exactly would demolish the droid hurt the Exchange? It would help them after all.

Lastly also some broken checks with Borna. 7-10 on a skill (Rep/Com) works, while 10-14 doesn't, and 14+ does? Also lots of requirement typo's. What the???

Seems I wasn't completely correct, it is his own practice (not the Hutt's)... But both the Hutt and Exchange have drivers, so her statement isn't completely incorrect.

Also noticed some odd behavior with the C9 dialogue, there is a -Exchange favor, but only 1 of 4 paths leads you there. Odd. Also, why exactly would demolish the droid hurt the Exchange? It would help them after all.

Lastly also some broken checks with Borna. 7-10 on a skill (Rep/Com) works, while 10-14 doesn't, and 14+ does? Also lots of requirement typo's. What the???

I think Lupo is an individual, hounded by the Exchange for their cut of the profits, as long as he was winning money, him in person but not the Swoop Gallery market place.

Perhaps you were thinking, rightly, at the Hutt that rule all market places in K1.

Here, if you disable the C9-T9 spy module, you do not help the Exchange, you harm it. The Exchange loses a spy. They do not lose a money collector but the Hutt loses a money collector as, I think, they do not operate the droid nor Lupo nor the Swoop Gallery.

So, increase (+1) on 300NAR_Exchange_Gap

So I do not understand why there is a second 300NAR_Exchange_Gap increase when you destroy C9-T9. There would be only 1 300NAR_Exchange_Gap increase (if you explode C9-T9, you destroy the GoTo's module at the same time), and if you have destroyed the GoTo's module prior, exploding C9-T9 would be indifferent for the Exchange.

If you destroy C9-T9, you can race and win, that is all.

Another thing: Perhaps an error: the 300NAR_Exchange_Gap increase for the module is at R3 but you can exit with R5 (130925 – “Leave the module alone.”). I did not verify yet if that works and if it is an unlimited increase.

Edit: I've verified that - ok, you can only do that one time - if you do not destroy the module the first time you see it, you cannot access it after.

Another thing: For instance, I do not understand what 300NAR_Exchange_Favor is used for.

Before C9-T9

300NAR_Exchange_Favor = 255

300NAR_Exchange_Gap=2

After C9-T9 (disable first and, then, destroy)

300NAR_Exchange_Favor = 253

300NAR_Exchange_Gap=4

(117) Vanilla : Bonded Plates Mark IV

118099, 124576, 125179 and 126264

"Ballistic Shielding Mark IV" instead of "Bonded Plates Mark IV"

Well, it's a good thing I DIDN'T change the spelling of this, and decided to check it out instead.

It IS Bonded Plates Mark IV. However it seems to be misplaced on the workbench... wrong skill, wrong location. Fixed it for Create all Mira's Rockets, will also be in 1.8 (without Mira's rockets of course).

Thanks for reporting!

Well, it's a good thing I DIDN'T change the spelling of this, and decided to check it out instead.

It IS Bonded Plates Mark IV. However it seems to be misplaced on the workbench... wrong skill, wrong location. Fixed it for Create all Mira's Rockets, will also be in 1.8 (without Mira's rockets of course).

Thanks for reporting!

It seems to me that the description is of an enhanced Ballistic Shielding Mark III

Look too at the skill to create it

The pieces to make it

The price

Here, if you disable the C9-T9 spy module, you do not help the Exchange, you harm it. The Exchange looses a spy. They do not loose a money collector but the Hutt too do not loose a money collector as, I think, they do not operate the droid nor Lupo nor the Swoop Gallery.

So, increase (+1) on 300NAR_Exchange_Gap

Except it's Goto's droid, and Visquish should not be interested in it (or heck, even know about it), and you want to flush him out, not Goto yourself.

But it seems the other droids you can check have the same increase in the gap and decrease of favor... :/

So I do not understand why there is a second 300NAR_Exchange_Gap increase when you destroy C9-T9. There would be only 1 300NAR_Exchange_Gap increase (if you explode C9-T9, you destroy the GoTo's module at the same time), and if you have destroyed the GoTo's module prior, exploding C9-T9 would be indifferent for the Exchange.

That second increase if very rickety there. Only 1 out of 4 lines to kill C9 leads through there. I might just erase it... put it up in the group.

Another thing: Perhaps an error: the 300NAR_Exchange_Gap increase for the module is at R3 but you can exit with R5 (130925 – “Leave the module alone.”). I did not verify yet if that works and if it is an unlimited increase.

You got one shot at it, leaving it alone... well, you gotta need to get more influence with Goto. Since this one is lost to you...

Edit: I've verified that - ok, you can only do that one time - if you do not destroy the module the first time you see it, you cannot access it after.

Okay, reading and replying at the same time failed me here... 0_o. Usually it helps.

Another thing: For instance, I do not understand what 300NAR_Exchange_Favor is used for.

It's the leadup to Visquish contacting you. It needs to get high enough... and you need to meet the other requirements (Red Eclipse, having visited 302NAR and 303NAR).

"255" seems to be -1. So 253 is -3. Meaning they are starting to dislike you.

It seems to me that the description is of an enhanced Ballistic Shielding Mark III

Every part has the same description. It's the generic "overlay description".

Look too at the skill to create it

Which was wrong, and has now been corrected.

As for the rest;

The bonuses are Bonded Plating 3 + bonuses, different than Ballistic Shielding.

The icon matched Bonded Plating, not Ballistic Shielding.

The "what can you use it on" (Only Medium and Heavy Armor) matches Bonded Plating, Ballistic Shielding can also be used with Light Armor.

Every part has the same description. It's the generic "overlay description".

Which was wrong, and has now been corrected.

As for the rest;

The bonuses are Bonded Plating 3 + bonuses, different than Ballistic Shielding.

The icon matched Bonded Plating, not Ballistic Shielding.

The "what can you use it on" (Only Medium and Heavy Armor) matches Bonded Plating, Ballistic Shielding can also be used with Light Armor.

Grrrr ! I can't open any more the workbench with this /#£!%@# bug probably due to a "compatible" MOD !!!

T3 only allow me to upgrade things, not to create them !

That... has always been the case?

:unsure:

Or do you mean you cannot use the workbench (how so?) and wish T3 had the function to create?

That... has always been the case?

:unsure:

Or do you mean you cannot use the workbench (how so?) and wish T3 had the function to create?

Ok: test and report in (nearly) real-time.

All was OK after Telos and Dantooine. I have used the workbench of the Enclave without any problem before leaving for Nar Shaddaa.

I have then boarded the EH for Nar Shaddaa and, there, in the EH, the workbench fails. Now at Nar Shaddaa, it fails too.

I have loaded a save at Dantooine. The workbench is OK.

I have loaded a save at Nar Shaddaa. The workbench in Tienn Tubb's office fails. I boarded the EH. The workbench in the EH fails. I take the EH and go to Dantooine. Hey! Daraala has not yet returned. Yet now she has gone to Zherron office several days before! :mad:

I go to the Enclave workbench. It fails.

Humpfff ! Is something going wrong in the saves?

Well, I have completely emptied the inventory. Fails!

I go naked. It works!!! :confused:

So it's something I'm warring : eek:

It is probably something I have made at the workbench of Dantooine before leaving Dantooine. I have an idea.

Yeah! That's it! I have used the "Super Saber" tip in order to not waste my time fighting but, as always, spending time on dialogs.

I have always used this tip for the 6 last years ! Fighting is of no interest for me.

Why the workbench crashes now, after that? Perhaps the MOD "Extended workbench»?

T3 with the function to create?

To use a workbench in a manufacturing mode, it must reasonably be in a workshop, with equipment and a lot of tools. I think that turning T3 in a manufacturing workbench would be ridiculous. But I suppose the question has already existed (and, perhaps, is still an actual wishes). Personally, I do not agree at all a such thing.

You can always use the Killstick or Killblaster, which I use if I want to test without opposition in my way... No mod required.

You can always use the Killstick or Killblaster, which I use if I want to test without opposition in my way... No mod required.

Well, I had never seen!

DD 100 !

Attak + 50 !

Etc...

My lightsaber

Energy 43-61

CC 17-20*2 + 16-96

Attak + 49

My small lightsaber

Energy 50-74

CC 19-20*2 +19-114

Attak + 59

They are made of about 20 to 25 Ultima Perl, without any mod (only using the Ultima perl when it is found (no KSE), duplicating it with T3 and upgrading at the workbench)

Very funny to make and use.

You know my leitmotiv: play with the game in addition to play at the game.

Added (134) Serroco (serthug.dlg E7): We are. Now beat it.

Added (135) Red Eclipse - Wish of a mod : What does our informer?

Added (136) AirSpeeder : How do you go up to three in there?

Added (137) Red Eclipse and the ability to change members in the active group

Added (138) Surreal! A wandering airspeeder!

Added (139) For each type of mining, there are five models, but only three descriptions

Added (140) [Atton has recieved Weapon Specialization: Lightsaber.]

Added (141) StrRef 111341 - The text does not fit with the scene

Added (142) Atton (Meeting for Visquis Holo) {Sarcastic}Well, good thing it's not a trap. Said twice.

Added (143) E31 in 301NAR.mod\visquis.dlg VO and Subtitle do not match

Added (144) 301NAR.mod\zhugcut1.dlg Why StrRef 114736 to 114800, in dialog.tlk, are not used!

Added (145) Ask each specie "I'm looking for the captain of the Lunar Shadow" in the Jekk'Jekk Tarr

Added (146) Atton goes the wrong way

Added (147) Hanharr "I have brought the Jedi to you. Now where is Goto?"

Added (148) 304NAR.mod\visenter.dlg What's that ? Visas enters the Jekk'Jekk Tarr

Added (149) You have learned a new Force Power: Breath Control. Taught by Visquis !

Added (150) Suyin's Datapad - Loss of localised versions

Added (151) 305NAR.mod\305alarm.dlg Sentences used but that do not exist in dialog.tlk

Added (152) In the Jekk'Jekk Tarr, the image tremble when you approach the walls

See http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/894-let%e2%80%99s-have-a-kotor-2-and-17-last-run-bugs-and-stuff-recapitulation/page__view__findpost__p__10280

Edited by ttlan

Lots of stuff.

134. Not sure what you mean. In vanilla even if they disallow you entry you could just walk in, unharmed. With 1.7, no such luck. You either need to let them have you enter, or prepare to fight, unlike vanilla.

137. Point. Not sure how to do that though. TSLRP tried and horribly screwed over Nar Shaddaa by making it permanently unavailable :/. Could give it a shot though, if none of the actual modders try.

138. It's just everywhere. If it was only in one of three locations (where you exited) it would be even less useful than it is now. Which isn't a lot already. Gameplay sometimes triumphes over realism.

139. I guess that's pretty much since Obsidian just used BioWare's mines and added 2 "levels". Probably didn't write new descriptions.

141. Don't see an issue?

142. Can't see any such an issue. Just one instance sarcasm by Atton.

143. No? All VO lines and .tlk lines match, no errors what-so-ever.

144. Seem to use TLK entries to me. Using faulty "jeedai" instead of "jedi". That's probably why it uses -1 in 306NAR (the proper version that's used ingame). I can fix up the .tlk though, restore them to their .tlk entries. Except for one line which has no female version, so that remains -1 not to use "him" against female PC's.

145. Interesting. Though probably scrapped for the reason you mentioned. Also tries to point you to the Gand room, where he's obviously not.

148. Visquish enter... It's actually used ingame. Although with some minor bugs 1.8 will fix.

149. Yup, since it's his conversation.

150. Also dialogue typo fixes. Although obviously never should have entered the French version. You probably want to PM zbyl about that, send the originals for re-entry into the .mod.

151. Probably more typo fixes. Although 1.8's version of 305alarm has no -1 entries except for camera moves at the start, so no issues there...

152. Can't replicate that...

Added (150) Suyin's Datapad - Loss of localised versions

Fixed for 1.8.

Some bugs I've found (which I'm surprised aren't on here!): On Peragus, when arriving at the hanger door with T3 and Atton, every single line of dialogue is instantly skipped! Same thing from first boarding the Ebon Hawk to the Harbinger chase, with the movies playing without sound. Also sometimes when Bao-Dur talks about the orbital shuttle upon seeing it, or the conversation between the HK's just after you take off in the shuttle.

On Dantooine, when I first meet Jorran, the conversation goes as normal but when I talk to him at the salvager camp, it triggers the first conversation a second time, then I tell him the laigreks are dead, the conversation stops and from then on when I click on him, nothing happens.

Game breakers: On Dantooine, every time I kill the last laigrek to come through the locked door by the fountain in the enclave, the game crashes ("encountered a problem and had to close") and then when Gerevick attacks me at the entrance, he is invisible and his combat overlay appears blue instead of red and the game crashes the instant I click on it, meaning I can't progress any further in the game!!

Some bugs I've found (which I'm surprised aren't on here!): On Peragus, when arriving at the hanger door with T3 and Atton, every single line of dialogue is instantly skipped! Same thing from first boarding the Ebon Hawk to the Harbinger chase, with the movies playing without sound. Also sometimes when Bao-Dur talks about the orbital shuttle upon seeing it, or the conversation between the HK's just after you take off in the shuttle.

For a localized version (French not to say it) there are hundreds, thousands of problems with the duration of the pronunciation of sentences (too long, too short, completely skipped). This affects all of the game and all the sentences. There are no longer any lips movements corresponding to spoken sentences. It's a nightmare. This is an accomplished ugly. I do not know at all who take care of that (HH, Zbyl,...) and they seem to have their own problems with English. So much sentences have get away from dialog.tlk. I have no longer control over them (Spelling, grammar, translation, syntax, punctuation...). Neither correct them nor find their VOs associated etc.. ... I do not know how is managed the duration time. I think that all should be centralized in dialog.tlk for easy localization but Zbyl has his own constraints that escape me. I feel that it is the English lips files that cover the French lips files. Yet I turned to delete all the lips in override (except those of Kreia - I don't know why).

This part of the restoration is unfortunate but is marginal compared to the work accomplished (but this problem appears everywhere, every time, at each second of the game)!

I have a sensation of extreme weariness about this. I seem to be facing an impossible than others inform me and I do not understand why. I led very large IT projects and large teams of programmers in my youth, but I have no knowledge of actual languages. I feel very frustrated. I think all changes should be injected into dialog.tlk, lips, streamvoice, streamsouds etc ... And the reverse is done. Instead there is a central hub, everything is exploded.

Never mind! We are passionate but perfectionist.

An exemple of what I say just above :

This is my bug report (144) 301NAR.mod\zhugcut1.dlg why StrRef 114736 to 114800, in dialog.tlk, are not used?

First line: actual, false and coming from nowhere (but with some good ideas of translation)

Second line: Obsidian original 2004

Third line: actual, corrected / extended French 2011 - Download

Zhug Bounty Hunter

Des nouvelles de l'éclaireur ?

Zhug Bounty Hunter

Aux dernières nouvelles, le Jedi est retourné à son tas de boue quils appellent vaisseau. Fait des aller-retour continuellement, très fatiguant à regarder.

Aux dernières nouvelles, j'ai entendu dire que le Jedi était de retour à bord de sa casserolle volante qu'il appelle vaisseau. Il n'arrête pas d'aller et venir, c'est très fatigant à regarder.

Aux dernières nouvelles, j'ai entendu dire que le Jeedai était de retour à bord de sa casserolle volante qu'il appelle vaisseau. Il n'arrête pas d'aller et venir... très fatigant à surveiller.

Zhug Bounty Hunter

C'est très frustrant. Nous sommes de grands chasseurs de primes, nous autres Zhugs. Très célèbres.

C'est très frustrant. Nous sommes de grands chasseurs de primes, nous autres Zhugs. Très célèbres.

C'est très frustrant. Nous autres, Zhugs, sommes de glorieux chasseurs de primes, très importants, très célèbres.

Zhug Bounty Hunter

Mais quand la cible vient à nous, on ne peut rien faire d'autre qu'attendre.

Mais quand la cible vient à nous, on ne peut rien faire d'autre qu'attendre.

Mais lorsque la cible vient à nous pour être cueillie, on ne peut rien faire d'autre que s'assoir et attendre.

Zhug Bounty Hunter

J'ai l'impression de me retrouver au sein de la commission ouvrière de Duros. C'est une des raisons pour laquelle on a décidé de changer de politique le blaster à la main, d'ailleurs...

J'ai l'impression de me retrouver au sein de la commission ouvrière de Duros. C'est une des raisons pour laquelle on a décidé de changer de politique le blaster à la main, d'ailleurs...

Zhug Bounty Hunter

Les éclaireurs sont rentrés avec de très étranges nouvelles. LEchange a arrangé une rencontre avec le Jedi.

L'éclaireur est de retour avec de bien étranges nouvelles. L'Echange a arrangé un rendez-vous avec le Jedi.

L'éclaireur est de retour avec de bien étranges nouvelles. L'Echange a arrangé un rendez-vous avec le Jeedai.

Zhug Bounty Hunter

Je ne vois pas pourquoi ils feraient ça. Jai toujours pensé quils voulaient le surveiller. Voir si le Jedi en attirerait un autre.

Je ne comprends pas pourquoi ils feraient ça. Je pensais qu'ils voulaient le surveiller, pour voir si le Jedi risquait d'en attirer d'autres.

Je ne comprends pas pourquoi ils feraient ça. Je pensais qu'ils voulaient le surveiller, pour voir si le Jeedai risquait d'en attirer d'autres.

Zhug Bounty Hunter

Peut-être que le Jedi a causé de tels ennuis, que Goto sen est fatigué.

Peut-être que le Jedi a causé tellement de problèmes que Goto a fini par en avoir assez.

Peut-être que le Jeedai a causé tellement de problèmes que Goto a fini par en avoir assez.

Zhug Bounty Hunter

Peut-être quils ont trouvé un autre Jedi.

Peut-être qu'ils ont trouvé d'autres Jedi...

Peut-être qu'ils ont trouvé d'autres Jeedai...

Zhug Bounty Hunter

Non cest évident ce que Goto à lintention de faire. Goto nous a engagé pour rabattre le Jedi sur Nar Shaddaa.

Non. Ce que Goto compte faire est évident. Il voulait qu'on fasse fuir le Jedi en direction de Nar Shaddaa.

Non. Ce que Goto compte faire est évident. Il nous avait engagés juste pour rabattre le Jeedai sur Nar Shaddaa.

Zhug Bounty Hunter

Maintenant que le Jedi est ici, Goto na plus besoin de nous payer. Il va essayer de capturer le Jedi lui-même.

Maintenant que le Jedi est là, Goto n'a plus besoin de nous payer. Il va essayer de capturer le Jedi sans nous.

Maintenant que le Jeedai est là, Goto n'a plus besoin de nous payer. Il va essayer de capturer le Jeedai lui-même.

Zhug Bounty Hunter

Mais nous ne pouvons pas attaquer le Jedi. Goto mettrait nos têtes à prix.

Mais on ne peut pas attaquer le Jedi. Goto mettrait notre tête à prix à tous.

Mais on ne peut pas s'en prendre au Jeedai. Goto mettrait toutes nos têtes à prix.

Zhug Bounty Hunter

Alors nous prendrons les compagnons du Jedi et son vaisseau en otage.

Ensuite, on prendra le vaisseau du Jedi et on capturera ses compagnons.

Alors nous prendrons les compagnons du Jeedai et son vaisseau en otage.

Use of Jeedai instead of Jedi (Vossk, Zhug, Hanharr...)

Oh no! This is not faulty and has not to be "corrected".

Used 65 times into Kotor 2 (English) - Only 21 in French - I have to correct this from Jedi to Jeedai.

"Jeedai" was a mispronunciation of Jedi, commonly used by various species throughout the galaxy, most notably during the Jedi Civil War (Our period, when Revan founded his own Sith Empire from 3959 BBY to 3956 BBY).

See http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jeedai

This is also the proof of the comprehensive study Obsidian made of the Expanded Universe before they start writing.

Note that there is no occurence of Jeedai in K1 dialog.tlk

Except for one line which has no female version, so that remains -1 not to use "him" against female PC's

I am not sure 114743 needs to have a male and female version. I'm sure of the opposite. They are talking of the Jedi in general, not of him or of her in particular.

In French, we are more sensible than you at the male/female gender in our sentences but, here, for us too, there is no problem.

Edited by ttlan